Cajun Peach Lemonade.
Told you I was in MAJOR peach mode!
Peach lemonade, here we come.
And not just any peach lemonade.
A sort-of-spicy peach lemonade.
Oooooh la la.
I’m taking it back to my mocktail ways for a refreshing drink with some heat!
This is what you drink on that hot day when the sun starts to go down and rosé or tequila is out of the question. On those days when it’s so super hot and you need something refreshing. But you want it to have a kick!
A bit of spice. A little heat. A bite!
I love making homemade lemonade, especially because I always do small batches and it just feels like such a treat. My all-time favorite is this lavender mint lemonade (it’s SO good!)… I just love when the drink has a little something extra.
We’re simply rimming the glass with some Cajun spice and it’s inevitably going to sprinkle down into your drink, giving it the perfect amount of spiciness.
Throwing in a spring of oregano because I like to pretend I’m fancy.
When I really live in leggings all day long every day.
SO. If the Cajun peach lemonade isn’t your thang, then I hiiiighly suggest going for this sparkling peach cider. It’s served cold and it’s SO good.
And I’ll just say it for all of us here. Yes of course you can add vodka to your cajun peach lemonade!
Cajun Peach Lemonade
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups chopped peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 peaches sliced for garnish
- 2 lemons sliced for garnish
- 1 bag frozen peaches for serving (to use as ice!)
- cajun seasoning for the rim (here's a homemade version!)
- fresh oregano for serving
- Heat the water, peaches and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce it to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Remove it from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Carefully add the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a jar and refrigerate it for a few hours, or overnight.
- Once refrigerated, pour the peach mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl measuring cup to get rid of the peach solids. I like to use a spoon to really press out all the juices and liquid!
- In a large pitcher, combine the peach juice with the lemon juice. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can taste at this point and add more lemon juice if desired! Stir the lemon wedges and peach slices into the pitcher.
- Fill a plate with a tablespoon or so of cajun seasoning and rim a glass with a lemon wedge. Dip the rim into the seasoning and coat it. Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour the lemonade over the ice and garnish with peach slices, lemonade slices and fresh oregano. Serve!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
Dip those peach slices in there too!
16 Comments on “Cajun Peach Lemonade.”
Wowza! What a fun lemonade variety – keep up this major peach mode.
Yes!!! Making it this weekend.
Oh. My. Gosh. I am making a big batch THIS weekend!!
Yummy! I love peaches and you are a genius! Love the idea!
Pingback: Cajun Peach Lemonade - Peach Lemonade Recipe - recipequicks
Wow this cake recipe is so good thank you for
Sounds delicious. Cant wait to make it!
This with bourbon! So much yes!
Wow this recipe is looking so good, thank you for sharing your blog
Pingback: 15 Flavorful Ways to Celebrate #NationalPeachMonth
Thank to share! I was waiting for this type of post where i get to know more about Mozilla Firefox.
Pingback: Cajun Rehearsal Dinner with an Elegant Flair - Creative and Fun Wedding Ideas Made Simple
Perfect summer smoothie! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe idea! That’s really great news for all mankind! More investment should be kept in research in the development of the youth group of people! flirtymania.plus
What a wonderful drink! It seems to me that it is suitable for any sunny morning and will make the day even brighter and richer. Usually, after these drinks, I either exercise or chat with people on the platform chatroulette , as the energy from the drink needs to be released.
What a lively and full of emotions article! I literally want to run to the kitchen right now and prepare this healthy drink according to your recipe. By the way, I have already shared with my subscribers (there are about five thousand of them) in my blog and everyone is delighted with the taste and refreshing effect of the drink. Thank you for such a sumptuous recipe and amazing photos – thanks to such photos, the text of the article has become much more interesting.