Cajun Peach Lemonade.
Told you I was in MAJOR peach mode!
Peach lemonade, here we come.
And not just any peach lemonade.
A sort-of-spicy peach lemonade.
Oooooh la la.
I’m taking it back to my mocktail ways for a refreshing drink with some heat!
This is what you drink on that hot day when the sun starts to go down and rosé or tequila is out of the question. On those days when it’s so super hot and you need something refreshing. But you want it to have a kick!
A bit of spice. A little heat. A bite!
I love making homemade lemonade, especially because I always do small batches and it just feels like such a treat. My all-time favorite is this lavender mint lemonade (it’s SO good!)… I just love when the drink has a little something extra.
We’re simply rimming the glass with some Cajun spice and it’s inevitably going to sprinkle down into your drink, giving it the perfect amount of spiciness.
Throwing in a spring of oregano because I like to pretend I’m fancy.
When I really live in leggings all day long every day.
SO. If the Cajun peach lemonade isn’t your thang, then I hiiiighly suggest going for this sparkling peach cider. It’s served cold and it’s SO good.
And I’ll just say it for all of us here. Yes of course you can add vodka to your cajun peach lemonade!
Cajun Peach Lemonade
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups chopped peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 peaches sliced for garnish
- 2 lemons sliced for garnish
- 1 bag frozen peaches for serving (to use as ice!)
- cajun seasoning for the rim (here's a homemade version!)
- fresh oregano for serving
- Heat the water, peaches and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce it to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Remove it from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Carefully add the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a jar and refrigerate it for a few hours, or overnight.
- Once refrigerated, pour the peach mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl measuring cup to get rid of the peach solids. I like to use a spoon to really press out all the juices and liquid!
- In a large pitcher, combine the peach juice with the lemon juice. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can taste at this point and add more lemon juice if desired! Stir the lemon wedges and peach slices into the pitcher.
- Fill a plate with a tablespoon or so of cajun seasoning and rim a glass with a lemon wedge. Dip the rim into the seasoning and coat it. Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour the lemonade over the ice and garnish with peach slices, lemonade slices and fresh oregano. Serve!
Dip those peach slices in there too!