Little Peach Hand Pies.
As I continue my summer of warm, syrupy fruit with melty ice cream…
I bring you peach hand pies!
Little peach hand pies. Mini peach hand pies!
I guess the “hand” in hand pies already means that they are teeny, but these are… teenier. Yes. Let’s say teenier. Cute and adorable and bite-sizeable. I love them.
We’ve had black raspberry cobbler, strawberry cobbler bars and blueberry quinoa cookie crisp.
It’s time for peaches. They have arrived.
Here’s the story.
Yes, nearly ten years later I’m still not patient enough for pie crust. Which is saying a lot, because now that I’m a mom my patience has increased drastically. I could be on the verge of a level ten meltdown and I will still be patient.
But not really for pie crust. Not really. Because things like puff pastry are so amazing. Who needs pie crust when that exists?
So – the deal is that I have been planning on making a big peach slab pie. One like this blueberry one. All year long! I’ve waited to make the peach slab pie and I even thought I could do a little cream cheese drizzle or something.
But then. It just seemed like SO much. The crust, the lattice, or the otherwise must-be-fancy-for-instagram crust. I couldn’t do it!
Little pies seemed so much more doable. Cuter. And easier. And more fun!
Like last year, I’m peach obsessed. Eating them for snacks, having them with breakfast, turning them into desserts.
I cut some up every day for Emilia (she looooves it!) and inevitably end up eating one with Max and her before dinner.
These peach hand pies are my new favorite thing. I love small treats that can be a quick snack or dessert. Even if my pie rounds are sad and don’t necessary line up perfectly, they still taste fantastic sooo… give me all the peaches.
And you can eat them alone, or throw them in a bowl when they are warm with ice cream! DREAMY.
If we have to turn on the oven this summer, it should be for hot syrupy peaches made with brown sugar and bourbon. Am I right or am I right?
Peach Hand Pies
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 3/4 cups cold unsalted butter cut into pieces (12 tablespoons)
- 4 peaches peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- Add the flour, sugar and salt to a food processor and pulse just until combined. In a small bowl, whisk mix together the egg, vinegar and water. Add the cold butter pieces into the food processor and pulse until small coarse crumbs remain. Sprinkle the water/egg mixture over the flour and pulse again until the dough comes together.
- Remove the dough with your hands and wrap it in plastic wrap. Stick it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While the crust is in the fridge, heat the peaches, sugar, bourbon, salt and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring often, until the peaches are softened and syrupy, about 10 minutes. Let the mixture cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Fill a small bowl with water.
- Roll out the dough until it's about 1/4 inch in thickness. Use a 2-inch biscuit cutter (or something else round, like a jar) to cut rounds out of the dough. Make sure to cut an equal amount since you will press them together!
- Place the rounds on the baking sheet. Fill every other round with a tablespoon of the peach mixture. Dip a finger in the water and run it along the outside of the dough round that has the peach mixture. Place an empty round on top of the peach filled round. Press the outsides down with a fork to seal the rounds together. Repeat with the remaining rounds.
- Beat the egg and water together. Brush it on top of all the pies and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cut and "x" in the top with a paring knife.
- Bake the pies for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and let cool slightly. Serve with vanilla ice cream!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
26 Comments on “Little Peach Hand Pies.”
Pingback: Peach Hand Pies – Little Peach Hand Pies – Food Blog
Like that they are baked. My mother-in-law used to make what were called fried pies, just like these
They are adorable. Is it possible to skip the bourbon?
I was thinking of trying chai concentrate in place of the bourbon…
I want these right now!!!!
Adorable! I’ve been wanting to bake lately but nothing sounds good. This is the perfect summer dessert!
Pingback: Peach Hand Pies – Little Peach Hand Pies – Chow Hub
throw in a few frozen black raspberries if you have any left! peaches and black raspberries are a great combination.
I hear ya on the pie crust thing. All my attempts to make pie crust, save one (when I was heavily supervised by an expert pie maker), have turned out awful. Pie crust just seems to be beyond my level of skill and, yes, patience level. I opt for puff pastry and pre-made crust every time now, just to save me the energy and my friends their dessert expectations.
I have never had luck with pie crusts until I tried Brown Eyed Baker’s recipe with vodka. I got SO many compliments over the holidays with the pies that I made. https://www.browneyedbaker.com/the-best-pie-crust-recipe/
These little hand pies are precious!! My only problem is that I’ll eat too many because they are so cute and tiny!!
YES PLEASE!! I feel like I could easily eat a whole pan of these all by myself!
yum I have been thinking about peach cobbler and here we are!
they were delicious. Thank you for sharing a terrific — and easy — recipe!
Pingback: Little Peach Hand Pies. – Best Food Bag
Made these last night and they were delicious! But a little point of confusion – “Beat the egg and water together. ” to brush on the top – is this a second egg? Was I supposed to save some of the first egg/water mixture? Thank you!!
Pingback: Mini Berry Nutella Heart Pies for Your Valentine! - TheDirtyGyro
Pingback: Summer Fridays, Vol 5. - How Sweet Eats
We were just in Worcester Ma near the Tabletalk pie company! I want peach pie.
Not ripe yet.
Pingback: 15 Scrumptious Hand Pie Desserts- A Cultivated Nest
I have absolutely NO patience for making pie crusts, but I will try this recipe for sure. Looks yummy, especially for this summer season. Thank you for this and all your other recipes.
Pingback: Peach-Mango Mini Pies
Pingback: 12 Hand Pies That Are Perfect For This Crazy 2020 Thanksgiving - everyday keto
Pingback: 12 Hand Pies That Are Perfect For This Crazy 2020 Thanksgiving - the keto nation
Pingback: 12 Hand Pies That Are Perfect For This Crazy 2020 Thanksgiving - infohealthydiet.com
Pingback: 12 Hand Pies That Are Perfect For This Crazy 2020 Thanksgiving - infomalnutrition.com
Pingback: The Best Hand Pie Recipes For A Small Thanksgiving Dessert | Buzarr.com