Strawberry Cobbler Bars.
Happy 4th of July!
I’ve got a special treat for you today! This recipe is one of my fave fave faaaaavorites and it’s straight out of The Pretty Dish! These strawberry cobbler bars are a take on the blueberry peach version from my cookbook and they are SO GOOD.
While they may not be as easy as opening up a boxed mix, they aren’t too difficult and they taste like heaven. I mean, straight up heaven!
And the best news is that if strawberries are on their way out where you live? This kind of stretches their life. Our local berries aren’t the best anymore, but using them this way makes them fantastic.
Not sure which part I love more. The shortbread-like crust or the crumbly topping. Ugh! Delicious city.
All the exclamation points and fireworks for these.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Stir the flour, sugar and salt together in a large bowl. Add the melted butter and stir until a shortbread-like dough comes together. I even use my hands to bring it together. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the dish.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and cornstarch. Gently fold in in the strawberries.
- Pour the mixture over top of the crust. Crumble the rest of the dough over top of the strawberry mixture. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the bars are set and no long jiggly. Cool completely before slicing into squares!
Strawberry glamour shots. Yep!