Iced Coconut Coffee Soda.
I figure that since it’s the morning after the 4th of July, BIG coffee is in order!
Like iced coffee soda, k?
Trust me! You’ll be into this.
Hasn’t this been such a weird week?! Well, if you’re here celebrating the 4th of July, I mean. With it right smack in the middle of the week, there were parties last weekend and some this coming weekend and random things yesterday and it feels like it should be one giant vacation week!
And worst of all…
Today feels like Monday.
And that? That means COFFEE.
This isn’t my first foray into coffee soda. A few summers ago I made cold brew soda floats which are insane and intense and amazing.
But they are also kind of like dessert, SO. That probably shouldn’t be our breakfast.
Truth be told, the biggest coffee drink on my radar right now is still the lavender latte from The Pretty Dish! I love that lavender vanilla syrup so so so much. And I’ve made coconut syrup before but this whole soda thing just takes it to another level.
This is definitely more of an afternoon type of coffee for me. I don’t love bubbles or carbonation enough to drink this first thing in the morning, but it’s perfectly refreshing for the afternoon or early evening. Or okay… brunch! You could even add kahlua.
My coffee evolution on this blog is well documented. You guys know how much I went from loathing coffee to really loving it and the whole thing is still crazy to me. My obsession for iced coffee is WILD. I want every coffee I drink to be iced and it’s always going to be my preference, but sometimes I’m lazy and it’s so much easier to make a cup of coffee super quickly now that I have kids and I just #omgneedcaffieine to survive.
Having the coconut (or lavender! vanilla! whatever!) syrup in the fridge ready to go and some cold brew prepared saves me. It’s the only way that I get the coffee I really want without going through the Starbucks drive thru!
You know what else? This kind of tastes cocktail-y!
Or, I guess it doesn’t TASTE cocktaily, but it kind of has a cocktail feel with the soda. Reminds me of these espresso martinis in a way.
It’s a great way to prep for summer nights out: hello coffee soda.
Iced Coconut Coffee Soda
- 1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut syrup
- 8 ounces cold brew coffee
- coconut milk or cream optional
- 3 to 4 ounces seltzer coconut flavored works too!
- Combine the coconut, sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until the sugar dissolves and the mixture starts to simmer. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer into a jar and stir in the extract. Store in the fridge for a week or so!
- Fill a glass with crushed ice and add the coconut syrup. Pour in the cold brew and stir. If it's your preference, stir in the coconut milk or cream. top with the soda and serve!
Yep going to need all of those today.