How to Make an Apple Cider Shandy.
Apple cider shandy season just might be better than pumpkin beer season. I’m going there.
Maybe. I mean look at this! Cinnamon sugar rim. Sparkling cider and regular cider. Ice cold. Refreshing! Apple cider shandy is where it’s at.
I’m probably making REAL beer lovers cry right now, but if you’re a fake beer lover like me, then you will freak over this!
I love it because it still sort of tastes like summer, which matters because it’s still 80 degrees in some places. Plus, it just tastes fantastic. I am such a huge apple cider fan. It’s not like I drink it every day, but I would drink it every day if I found it appropriate.
Instead, I use apple cider hand soap every day and clean my kitchen with apple cider disinfectant and then I start craving an apple cider shandy.
It’s truly ridiculous how good this tastes!
The other thing I love about a good shandy is that it stretches. Like, this takes an enjoyable amount of time to drink. You know? You’re not sucking it down in 23 seconds and moving on to chex mix or something.
It’s also another treat that you can serve at a tailgate! Ooooh FUN.
And and AND you can also actually USE pumpkin beer here and mix the two. Depends on how much you love both flavors and how much you like to trash things up.
It’s a touch high-maintenance (two kinds of cider, hello!) but it’s REALLY darn good. The sparkling cider adds these delicious bubbles and it’s actually… fresh. Spiced and warm and fresh, if you will.
Ready for the crunchy leaves in 3, 2, 1…
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon for the rim
- 1 orange wedge
- 4 ounces cold apple cider
- 2 ounces cold sparkling apple cider
- 8 to 12 ounces your favorite fall-flavored wheat beer – COLD
- apple slices for garnish
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Rim a glass with an orange wedge and dip the glass in the cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Add both ciders in a frosty glass and stir. Squeeze in the orange wedge. Pour the beer over top. Serve with a sprinkling of cinnamon and an apple slice!
Cinnamon sugar rim is a must. Write it down!