Bourbon Caramel Mascarpone Dip.
I’m feeling super 1992 with my caramel apple dip today!
And it’s technically my second dip of the week, but it’s so warranted. Give me ALL the apples!
If you haven’t figured it out by now, this is my take on the old school caramel cream cheese apple dip from the 90s. Or 80s. Or whenever! I think I ate it most in the 90s. This is kind of like how I updated my mom’s veggie pizza. I wanted to give it a slightly more modern twist. Something fancy.
And make it even more DELISH.
Our creamy base is simply mascarpone, sugar and vanilla. I could eat that stuff with a spoon. It’s a freaking dream. Just go ahead and spread it on a cracker while you’re at it.
The caramel? It’s my bourbon caramel and it is INSANE. Slightly salty, bourbony caramel ribbons on top of that mascarpone is basically everything I want to eat in the fall.
Or at least – dip my apples in to.
On top, I did some chopped roasted cashews instead of the regular peanuts that usually blanket the caramel.
Oh my word. It is SO GOOD.
It’s rich, so you only need a little bit.
This dip also reignited my obsession with granny smith apples. I’ve eaten one every single day and the tartness is just perfect. I’m mostly a honeycrisp or gala girl but those green ones… ooooh. Something about them is right on par with the flavors right now. And they are tart enough that they cut the sweetness of this dip, which is… let’s just call it: dessert.
Also just trying to figure out if we can make this breakfast or a snack. Yes?
Bourbon Caramel Mascarpone Dip
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup bourbon caramel
- 3/4 cup roasted salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- a pinch of cinnamon for sprinklng
- 4 granny smith apples sliced
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk to combine, then cook and stir until the mixture is bubbling. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until it slightly thickens and is smooth. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature – it will thicken as it cools!
- While the caramel is cooling, stir together the mascarpone cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until combined and smooth. Spread it in an 8 or 9-inch pie dish. Place it in the fridge for 30 minutes. By this time, the caramel should be close to room temperature. Pour the caramel on top of the mascarpone layer and place it back in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, sprinkle the cashews on top. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon. Drizzle on the extra caramel if you'd like. Serve with sliced apples!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
Makes me happier than I can stand.
20 Comments on “Bourbon Caramel Mascarpone Dip.”
Bring on the 90s deliciousness!
I think this sounds INCREDIBLE!! And I think it would also be amazing with chopped up toffee chunks or the bits instead of cashews…or a combination of both!!!
um omg YES YES YES
Oh my goodness, this brings back such great memories! My mom would make tubs of that cream cheese dip every fall for us! Cannot wait to try out this “grown-up version.”
yessss so would mine!!
Pingback: Caramel Apple Dip – Bourbon Caramel Mascarpone Apple Dip – Food Blog
Health in the hands! You took me to my past
Pingback: Caramel Apple Dip – Bourbon Caramel Mascarpone Apple Dip – Chow Hub
Jessica this looks great!!
I love everything about this dip and can’t wait to make it!
How can I make the caramel without the booze? Substitution?
Pingback: Molho de Caramelo – Bourbon Caramel Mascarpone Molho de Maçã – acolherdepau
Thank you for a beautiful recipe. Made this tonight for my family and the kitchen smells divine. It tastes even better.
Is there something you could use on top instead of nuts? Or would it be ok to just omit them? Thanks!
A very Great and interesting post. Thanks for sharing Your Awesome Recipe with us. You explain it Very Well, I just Love it to try your Recipe. Sounds very Delicious and tasty. Once again thanks for sharing with us. :) 😃
Pingback: Kahlua Caramel Mascarpone Apple Dip - Mom Life, Food and Travel
Pingback: Your Ultimate 2019 Thanksgiving Resource Guide: Choose Your Own Adventure! – specialslice.site
Pingback: Your Ultimate 2019 Thanksgiving Resource Guide: Choose Your Own Adventure! – cookise.info
I didn’t have bourbon so I substituted with spiced rum. Oh my gosh! This is so delicious! Thank you for sharing! It has quickly become a family favorite.