The Best Broccoli Cheddar Quiche.
This is how you get everyone to fall in love with you over broccoli cheese quiche.
I’m serious! This broccoli cheese quiche is what brunch dreams are made of. It can turn a broccoli hated into a broccoli… tolerat-er? Really, quiche is what first got me interested in broccoli after a lifetime of loathing.
One of the most popular recipes here on the blog is this bacon and broccollini quiche. It was the first quiche I ever shared and the quiche that made me fall in love with quiche! It is seriously SO delish.
It’s also the dish that made me realize I could actually do broccoli. Like maybe there was a way that I could serve it and eat it and actually enjoy it. While my preferred method of consumption these days is roasting it with parmesan and pine nuts, that recipe really turned me on to it.
The truth is that I could always do broccoli if it was blanketed in cheese sauce.
I went a little quiche crazy after that initial quiche. I’ve shared this burst tomato and goat cheese quiche (it has a real spring time feel) and this spiralized sweet potato and kale quiche which is super satisfying and hearty.
And now here we have a broccoli cheese quiche that is an ode to broccoli cheddar love – a way that everyone can really enjoy it.
The broccoli cheddar combo is just so good. Right? Another piece of my inspiration was this roasted broccoli and swiss soup which practically tastes like you’re eating fondue. I first shared a version of that in Seriously Delish. And here, I added a bit of gruyere here for the same fondue vibe. It is to die for!
Of course, you can add in some bacon or ham or leftover meat if you have it. You can actually add in whatever you’d like! I kept it simple so the broccoli cheddar would shine bright.
There is nothing as great as something you can make ahead for the holidays! It’s fantastic and easy and allows you to enjoy the day or the party or the festivities, whatever they may be, with your family and friends instead of being STUCK in the kitchen.
I love the kitchen but I don’t want to live in there during a party.
And perhaps my favorite part of quiche? You can serve it hot or cold! I love it both ways, though I’m a bit partial to warm. The crust is flakey and butter and the filling practically tastes like a soufflé.
Now tell me about your Christmas morning! Do you make something special? I have another delish make-ahead dish coming up for you that will be perfect, so stay tuned!
Broccoli Cheese Quiche
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- Add the flour, sugar and salt to a food processor and pulse just until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, vinegar and water.
- Add the cold butter pieces into the food processor and pulse until small coarse crumbs remain.
- Sprinkle the water/egg mixture over the flour and pulse again until the dough comes together.
- Remove the dough with your hands and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, roll the dough out and place it in a 9-inch tart pan or (deep dish) pie plate.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the eggs, garlic, cream, cheese, salt and peppers. Fold in the broccoli florets. Pour the filling into the crust. Brush the edges of the crust with the egg wash.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until golden on top and set in the center. Let cool slightly before serving. This is so good served warm or cold!