Green Goddess Cheese Ball.
This charming little green goddess cheese ball is going to be your holiday party ticket!
I know that I talk about the cookies quite a bit, but personally, when it comes to the holiday season, I’m all about the SNACKS.
Not just snacks and appetizers for before a party, but snacks that you can gift or keep around the house during those busy days (hello chipotle caramel chex mix!) and snacks that you can definitely make ahead of time. Those are KEY.
If you’ve been a long time reader, then you know that cheese balls have always been a staple during the holiday season for my family. Well, even when we aren’t in the midst of a holiday season! They always find a way on to the table at our get-togethers. My grandma used to make this classic one and my mom still makes that – often. I mean, she makes if we are having Sunday dinner or watching a football game or something. We don’t need a big excuse.
I’ve shared a few before too (< that one, I posted four years ago to the DAY!) and even have one in The Pretty Dish! And you guys go crazy over this pomegranate jeweled one because it’s just.so.pretty but also tastes amazing.
But really, best part about a cheese ball is that you can make it ahead of time!
I think that is why they are such a constant for us. Because the are fairly easy, come together quickly, can be made a few days ahead of time if necessary and feed a crowd. Winning all around.
While I can’t make cute food to save my life, this right here is about as close as we get. A little green goddess cheese ball, shaped into a tree, topped with a pecan star and served with an assortment of crackers. It tastes like HEAVEN!
My green goddess sauce is one that we all love, so it was an easy choice here. It’s delicious on everything and I knew that putting a combo of the ingredients into a cheese ball would be a big hit.
And since it isn’t complicated-fancy, like the kind of fancy that actually requires patience, you can totally do it too. It almost makes me feel pinterest worthy. ALMOST.
Green Goddess Cheese Ball
Green Goddess Cheese Ball
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups finely grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 whole pecan, for topping
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of your food processor and blend until creamy. Pulse in the white cheddar and parmesan.
- Toss the chopped herbs and chives together. Add most of them to the food processor, leaving about 2 tablespoons out to coat the outside of the cheese ball. Add in the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Blend until combined.
- Scoop the mixture out with a spatula. I like to scoop it into a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap it up and refrigerate it for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, you can form it into a tree-like shape (if you wish!) or form it into a ball. Roll it in the herbs and chopped pecans. You can either wrap it back up (depending on how long you will keep it in the fridge) or place it on a plate. You want to refrigerate it for 30 more minutes before serving.
- Before serving, add a whole pecan on top. Serve with crackers, pretzels, pita chips - or any veggies of your choice!
Plus it’s green… so more cookies.