Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Roasted Vegetables.
Our prayers have been answered and they come in the form of sheet pan gnocchi.
This is our newest obsession.
When I say obsession, I mean this is serious obsession.
Why I never thought to throw gnocchi on a sheet pan and roast it to perfection? While cherry tomatoes burst with flavor and peppers and onions get all caramely and golden?
I HAVE NO IDEA.
What is wrong with me.
Think of an easy and fast meal that tastes different from all the other easy and fast meals you make. This is it!
My oh my, what do I love about the sheet pan gnocchi?
It can be a side dish. A side dish to just about anything, really! Pair it with grilled chicken or even a salad or salmon.
But for most, it can be an entire meal. It’s like a roasted veggie pasta and it’s simply delightful.
And if you’re really feeling it, you can always add something like smoked turkey sausage to the pan too and roast it right along with the gnocchi and the veggies.
It is such an easy meal. Embarrassingly easy, actually. Yes those are my favorite kind, of course.
With a drizzle of olive oil, lots of herbs (fresh and dried), some garlic and seasonings and a sprinkle of cheese, it’s super flavorful. So much more than I would have anticipated.
The gnocchi also get this slight crisp to the outside. You know I love that! It’s a toasty little bite. Not super crispy, but toasted to perfection!
And P.S. you can also do this with Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi! More in the recipe card below.
This sheet pan gnocchi is also one of those meals that is perfect for nights when you get home from work and need to prep something quick. Throw it all on the pan (you can even chop your veggies ahead of time, like on Sunday or the morning of!)! Let it roast and get all flavorful while you do a few things around the house or binge a couple youtube videos, and then boom. It’s done!
This easy weeknight dinner is ridiculously palate pleasing.
Sheet Pan Gnocchi
Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Vegetables
- 1 16 ounce package uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese, for topping
- sprinkle of fresh herbs
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Spread the gnocchi, tomatoes, peppers and onions on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and crushed red pepper and toss well to combine everything. Make sure everything, especially the gnocchi, is seasoned well!
- Roasted for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing once during cook time. You want the tomatoes to be bursting and the peppers to be soft and caramely.
- Serve the gnocchi immediately. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and a sprinkling of fresh herbs!
- To make this with Trader Joe's cauliflower gnocchi: make sure your pan has nonstick spray on it and that the gnocchi are not clumped today. You do not need to defrost the gnocchi, but make sure any large pieces of ice or freezer burn are removed. I roast for about 25 to 30 minutes with the TJ's cauliflower gnocchi. The outside may not get quite as crisp and toasty as potato gnocchi.
That caramely golden goodness. I can’t!