1. One day after school last week I asked Max what his school snack was and he told me “vanilla loafers.” VANILLA LOAFERS. This is the best thing I’ve ever heard. Who needs a vanilla wafer when you can have a vanilla loafer?
2. This pumpkin panna cotta looks absolutely insane and delicious. Need it.
3. I have a burning question for you: would/do you take a bath in a hotel? I could NEVER, but I’m also not a huge bath person. And I just feel like no matter what, it would never be clean? My inquiring mind needs to know.
4. This past weekend I tried to drag over 11,000 photos from a folder on my computer into the trash… and they went on to my desktop. Still dealing with it. Ready to toss the computer out the window.
5. It’s never too late – 25 women on starting over in their career!
6. Tell me about this whole “being boo-ed” thing. I didn’t realize it was such a big thing, like Target even has stuff to “boo” people?! Have you done this? I wish it was around when I was a kid!
7. TV things! Okay, so The Affair. I know I’m hanging on because I can’t let these characters go, but in a few weeks I’ll look back and be like why did that season even exist? I can’t figure out where they are going with this season. I loved a Million Little Things (and love katherine!!) and Grey’s was good too – OMG Bailey!
8. Didn’t even realize this was a thing – the Neiman Marcus fantasy gifts are out. What?! Is that real life?
9. I’ve watched the Monica Lewinsky Ted Talk before (incredible), but last week she did an episode of Armchair Expert and it was so good. And so interesting, especially if you were growing up during that time. It’s a must listen.
10. My Tuesday photos have basically turned into pumpkin spam. Sorry! but not.
29 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I had a bath for the first time in a hotel a few weeks ago. I am a bath lover and it was nice because I’m pregnant and was working a trade show butttt…it smelt like chlorine and I don’t think I’ll do it again LOL. The tub was HUGE but ehhh. I’m with you.
Neimans……. what to spend your money on when you have too much.
I still pick up change when I see it. Ha, ha, ha!
Okay, and on Bailey, that’s what happened to me at 42. It’s a hormonal crazy!
I can’t believe this show is still on. Kinda soap opera..ee
Not bath (or pumpkin) related, but you recommended Daisy Jones and the Six a few months ago and I read and LOVED it so I just bought the new Janis Joplin biography because I want more Daisy Jones and this seems like the closest I can get in real life.
3. Just turn your brain off and do it, haha. I get to travel once a year for work, and the hotel always has really big tubs. We live in a small house with tiny bathtubs so I always excuse myself from the after parties at the conference solely to devote to bath-time.
4. Is it a Mac? On Windows you can go to File Explorer, sort by date, and delete all at once.
8. Go back and look at all the years! NM is based here in Dallas so sometimes they have them out displayed at the nice mall to check out.
9. I love her. LOVE HER. She’s the best Twitter follow. I can’t wait to listen to her AE episode!
Oh my gosh, NEVER to a bath in a hotel. Can barely even do it in my own tub! I’m a crazy person. Grosses me out too much!
I am not a bath person – never have been. I can’t take the thought of sitting in dirty water (also don’t love a hot tub). And I believe the shower/tub is the dirtiest place in the house. So my answer is a firm NO I would not take a bath in a hotel. The only exception was this gorgeous claw-foot tub in our honeymoon suite at and Air BNB that I took a bath in.
LOVE A Million Little Things. I try to get everyone I’ve ever met to watch so it’ll keep getting renewed and I can keep watching. I tend to be late to the game (OBSESSED with Schitt’s Creek right now too) so I’m feeling very in the know lately for this show! I’m not a bath person. The 2 baths of my adulthood were when pregnant and hoping for miracles to help me tolerate life.
The Affair. I feel exactly the same. LIke, i can’t stop watching because i want to know how they’re wrapping this up but still. what?!
Ok, I stayed at the Wynn in Vegas for a work trip two years ago (In a very very very nice suite) and took a bath, figuring that if any hotel bathroom was clean, it would be a fancy one, but then realized partying probably goes down in those suites so maybe not? Haha. But hotel tubs can be SO deluxe and lovely…maybe consider doing a quick clean of it yourself beforehand for peace of mind?
Ha a podcast I listen to (The Murder Squad) literally asked the same bath question. I love LOVE a deep tub, so if there is a really good tub at a hotel I am all in.
Ugh The Affair! Not sure why I keep forcing myself to watch it either but I keep hoping it will come to an end and I’ll feel satisfied…maybe? Hopefully? I noticed this week I had an earphone in one ear listening to a podcast and a book on my lap while watching…soooo
Yes to baths!! Bathtubs in hotels get cleaned way more often than my own does!
Hotel bath tub – no way! The last time I even thought about doing this I started to fill the tub and a bunch of hair came up the drain! Gross!!! Who knows who’s laid in there???
Being Boo-ed- several blocks in my neighborhood do this and I only recently found out about it. I love the idea!!
Ewww a bath in a hotel😱 I can’t even take a bath in my own clean tub. I used to rinse my kids in the shower after being in the bathtub. You are just sitting in your own filth 🤣
Am I the only one that hates Katherine?
You are not. I want her to get hit by a bus. (Not a huge fan of their kid either – he drives me crazy!)
I took a bath in a hotel once after the Chicago marathon. It was a really beautiful hotel room and the tub looked very clean and I was in need to soak. But would I do it regularly? Absolutely not but I wouldn’t say I’d never do it again. IMO if you use any public hot tubs or pools those are way more disgusting – that’s literally sharing bath water. Also you could always give the tub a wipe down with a Lysol wipe.
Having worked in hotels for 30 years I can say they are cleaned using industrial cleaner. I would do a quick rinse but if the tub is decadent enough than yes!
The panna cotta looks delish – I love creme brulee and this is just a spin on that so I’ll be trying this soon.
I think NM came up with this after Hammacher Schlemmer (sp?) went under. The HS catalog used to have the most outrageous stuff – like one-passenger submarines, mini Mercedes for kids (including the engine, etc). But, that was the 80’s!
Follow up – did the cinnamon cream cheese frosting on my apple butter cupcakes – WINNER! And, I added 2 T of apple butter to the frosting because you can never have too much apple butter. Thanks for the inspiration as always!
I find it fascinating that a woman can become a celebrity as a result of having a sexual relationship with a president.
I find it fascinating that a woman can become a celebrity because she had an affair with a president.
The school were I taught did the Boo-ed thing.
Of course the kids loved it.
Each teacher picked a class to Boo and they would drop a trick or treater bag (filled with Halloween pencils, or erasers, or etc) and a sign at the door. The sign to make sure everyone got Boo-ed.
We did this during the two weeks before Halloween.
Yeeks! According to https://www.thehealthy.com/travel/avoid-getting-sick-on-vacation/ – “…luxuriating in a hotel tub could mean soaking in a stew of bacteria and cleaning chemicals, according to a study by the travel logistics website TravelMath. The study found that hotel rooms are dirtier than the average airplane or school. In addition, a 2012 study published by the Journal of Microbiology found that the highest levels of contamination were in the housekeepers’ cleaning implements, including sponges and mops—those very same ones that are used to clean bathroom tubs, sinks, and floors.”
I never ever take a bath in the hotel – even 5 star ones!
1. NEVER a bath in a hotel. Even in a very nice hotel once we saw old blood on the wall and hair on the sink. Like a lot. Got a new room.
2. My neighborhood does the BOO’d thing. I have been boo’d once or twice in a few years. Don’t always get boo’d because I am not one of the gang of moms that do it. But it is nice and cute when you get a bag of goodies. I have gotten a candle, a fall dish towel, and of course, candy. Just little cute items you can pick up for a few bucks. Then you return the favor by dropping a goodie bag on a neighbor that does not have a BOO’d sign up. Its very sweet.
No to the hotel bath. Just no.
Vanilla Loafers❤️ That is what I am going to call them from now on.
NEVER doing a bath in a hotel! I can’t remember the last time I took a bath in my own home lol!
No bath. Yuck. Or hot tubs. Why??? It’s so gross on so many levels. I don’t even like to go barefoot in a hotel room. ewwwww! Loved Monica on Armchair Expert…but then again, it’s my fav podcast. If you haven’t, go back and listen to the episode with his wife was on. Like last year.
I NEVER understood the ‘sitting in your own filth’ argument for not taking a bath? I always shower to rinse off quickly before getting in the tub. Is this not a thing that other people do?
I don’t think taking a bath in a hotel bathroom is any worse than sleeping in a hotel bed. It’s common knowledge that the comforter doesn’t get washed with every guest, so that’s almost worse to me.