Goat Cheese Tartines with Hard Boiled Egg Vinaigrette.
Welcome to my new obsession: hard boiled egg vinaigrette.
YES it’s a thing. A delicious thing. Please don’t be freaked! I promise that it is out of this world and you will looooove it.
I know, I know! This might sound weird. I mean, hard boiled egg vinaigrette?
But if you’re a lover of eggs like I am (they are def my favorite food!) and now have a fridge full after Easter, use one or two of them up to try this recipe. It’s SO fantastic.
I was on the fence about dyeing eggs this year because I didn’t know if it seemed… irresponsible? But we had enough eggs and every weekend I hard boil at least eight, so I figured why the heck not. I knew they’d get eaten, if only because I am in love with my best ever egg salad.
Seriously, if you need an egg salad recipe, RUN to that one right this minute!
But the only thing is that I make egg salad weekly, so I wanted to have a few OTHER recipes to go with all the hard boiled eggs. I love to throw them in salads (that’s Eddie’s favorite way of consumption) and I also often slice them and put them on either avocado or hummus toast. Heck, I’ll even eat one plain with salt and pepper!
However this… this recipe is a game changer for me.
And since I also happen to lose my mind over all things tart, briney and vinegary?
This bowl is basically a combo of all my favorite things.
The dressing is white wine vinegar, dijon, capers and tons of olive oil. My mouth waters just typing those words!
In the last week I’ve eaten this dressing on an array of roasted vegetables. But I love the idea of making it more of a complete lunch by slathering toast with goat cheese, topping it with a few roasted (or even leftover!) vegetables and THEN drizzling on the dressing.
Um. It might be my lunch for the remainder of 2020.
And the best part – use what you have. Throw some greens (I like microgreens, but spinach or arugula works!) on the toasts. If you don’t have goat cheese, do cream cheese.
You can also use the hard boiled egg vinaigrette on a salad and you get the both of best worlds: the eggs and the dressing in one!
Oh and you could even throw another slice of bread on top and call this a sandwich. I don’t blame you.
Hard Boiled Egg Vinaigrette
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 baguette slices, or toast, or whatever bread you have, toasted!
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 cup greens, microgreens, arugula (whatever you have!)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until slightly crisp.
- Spread the toast with the softened goat cheese. Top with the greens. Place a few asparagus spears on top. Spoon the vinaigrette all over the tartines. Serve!
- Whisk together the vinegar, capers, mustard, salt and pepper until combined. Stream in the olive oil while whisking until the dressing emulsifies. Whisk in the chopped parsley. Stir in the chopped eggs. Serve immediately. (This is also great over roasted vegetables alone!)
Definite new favorite until the next new favorite.