Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Peaches with Arugula & Goat Cheese.
These grilled prosciutto wrapped peaches make me so darn happy.
I mean, just look at how cute they are!
Plus, peaches wrapped in pork. This I can get behind.
Fresh arugula greens that provide the perfect bite, crumbly goat cheese, crunchy pepitas, all drizzled with a balsamic glaze. YES.
Peach season is here and I am also here. For it, that is. I have a ton of peach recipes so just get ready.
I like peaches with prosciutto as it is. But then, we go and grill them?
I’m so in.
In this recipe, the peaches are quartered – I like big thick slices that hold up well on the grill. You wrap half of a slice of prosciutto around the peach wedge and throw it right on the grates. I actually used my grill pan because it was an easy way to keep everything contained. But I’ve also made it without the grill pan and it’s perfect.
The peaches get soft, a bit caramely and even sweeter. The prosciutto gets crisp and crunchy. The sweet + savory combo is just insanely good.
And then! Then you’re going to spritz some arugula with fresh lemon. This is the best way to eat arugula, in my opinion. It’s just so… easy. And light. And refreshing. Also, it’s ridiculously simple.
Arugula tossed in fresh lemon juice is a great base for so many dishes. Put it in your recipe arsenal!
I like to add goat cheese for that creamy tang. It complements the warm peaches and peppery arugula very well.
Finally, a sprinkle of roasted pepitas! Because everyone needs some crunch on their salad.
Seriously, I would die without crunch in my salad.
Actually, that’s dramatic. I just wouldn’t eat salad without crunch in my salad. You know? It makes the entire thing.
This is the perfect summer lunch or dinner. It’s different and flavorful. It’s not too heavy but it’s satisfying enough. It tastes like heaven!
You can also use it as a side dish too. I like to add a few ears of corn to the grill while I’m doing the peaches, so that rounds everything out. But you could also add chicken breast or even some shrimp if you like. The grill is already hot, so you may as well do it!
I’m craving it again already.
Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Peaches with Arugula
Grilled Prosciutto Peaches
- 3 peaches, each cut into 4 wedges
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 12 ounces baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons roasted, salted pepitas
- balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Preheat the grill over medium heat - to about 350 or 400 degrees F.
- Slice the peaches in half and remove the pit. Slice the halves in half again, so you have 4 wedges for each peach. Tear or cut the prosciutto slices in half.
- Wrap half of a slice of prosciutto around each peach wedge. You can place the peaches on a grill pan or grill directly on the grates.
- Place the prosciutto wrapped peaches on the grill and cook, turning every few minutes, for about 10 to 12 minutes, until the prosciutto is crispy and cooked.
- While the peaches are on the grill, toss the arugula with the lemon juice and olive. Season it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Remove the peaches from the grill and serve on top of the arugula. Crumble the goat cheese on top. Sprinkle on the pepitas. Drizzle some balsamic glaze over the peach wedges.
- You can serve this on a big platter where people can scoop it up themselves, or plated with a handful of arugula on the plate and 2 or 3 peach wedges. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
This is my love language.
13 Comments on “Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Peaches with Arugula & Goat Cheese.”
Pingback: Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Peaches with Arugula and Goat Cheese – Food Blog
Pingback: Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Peaches with Arugula and Goat Cheese – recipequicks
Pingback: Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Peaches with Arugula and Goat Cheese – TheDirtyGyro
I could eat this everyday!
Pingback: Friday Faves | foodiecrush
Pingback: Freitag Faves | foodiecrush - Essen Rezepte
Pingback: Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Peaches with Arugula & Goat Cheese. – moms getting fit
I just made this dish tonight and it was absolutely amazing!!! I did add shrimp (boiled in Old Bay). Probably one of my favorite dishes of all time! YES, that good! I did post a photo on my instagram @susyqstyles.
Omg this salad was everything. I was worried when my peach hadn’t ripened as much as I expected but it was all gewd. It actually worked out better because the peach stayed intacted on the grill. I forgot the balsamic glaze and I am really sad cause I think that additional layer of flavor would have been magnificent. I am also legit full after eating 3 of the wrapped peaches. Probably could have stopped at 2 but why w
hen it’s this good.
Pingback: On the List
Pingback: Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Stuffed Chicken with Scallion Smashed Potatoes. | bakkbenchersnetwork.com
Made this for a group of 6 adults and everyone raved!!!!! Subbed buratta for the goat cheese because that’s what I had but I’m sure it would be equally amazing with either cheese. This is being added to my list of “can’t miss” recipes, thanks for sharing so many delicious things with us!!!!
oops, forgot to rate it, 10 stars!!!!!!