1. I’m at the point where if I don’t use emojis in my text messages, it looks like I’m mad. We’ve gone way past the line of exclamation points.
2. Ohhh my gosh. Birthday cake cookie dough ice cream. Whaaaat.
3. Not ready for fall at all over here. I’m seeing so many “end-of-summer” recipes but there are literally almost two months of summer left! And I’m the biggest fall freak ever.
4. How to start writing everyday. (NYT article.) So good!
5. TV things!! Still on our Yellowstone kick. I also want to watch Indian Matchmaking on Netflix! Have you watched it yet?
6. Thoughts on Taylor Swift’s Folklore? I love a ton of the songs. My only wish is that it had a few more upbeat songs. Especially during this time.
7. Later this week we are leaving for our vacation (can’t believe it’s still happening, but it’s naturally very distanced!), and it got me thinking. When you were a kid, did you ever “make plans” for vacation? My brother and I would take for hours about all of our “plans” and even write them down. These were basically just things we had done in the past. But it was so fun. I mean, I was like, nine years old.
8. Speaking of, the things that kids want to take on vacation are hilarious. Max has wanted to pack for weeks now, and he’s told us all about his favorite paints and crayons and games and superhero shirts and cars and everything he is bringing. This is the best age.
9. Follow this design formula to make your home a space you love.
15 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
#7 – I think I’m going to start that with my kids. I mean they’re almost 17 now but I think it would be fun to sit on the deck and day dream for summer vacation goals – even though we are almost in August – it would be fun to do. I think at this point in my life, it wouldn’t be bad for myself either!
haha yes! we should all probably start doing that, lol.
Indian Matchmaking is so good, I think I watched it in 24 hours and just loved it. :)
i have to watch!
Are you going back to Northern MI as usual?? I am from Traverse City (in Denver now) and am dying to get back to see family this summer but don’t know if it will happen with COVID/being pregnant. I hope it is a wonderful trip! Excited to travel vicariously through your pics :)
yes we are!!
I hate “end of summer”. I like “late summer” much better, because it gives you a week or two of wiggle room past Labor Day. ;)
When I was a kid I used to fly with a giant duffle, as a carryon before bag size restrictions, filled with stuffed animals. My bag was always so full that my clothing and shoes had to go in my Mom’s suitcase, I still don’t know why my parents let me do. Maybe it was because airline staff always laughed when I told them that I needed my massive suitcase of stuffed animals nearby and requested that they not put other luggage near them in the overhead bin so they could breathe. Yes, they did oblige and humor my 5-7 year old self with a whole bin for my toys. 🤣
this is amazing!
We’re currently on vacation in the most beautiful place that I’m thinking will have to be our yearly spot going forward….hopefully my kids will want to “plan” things for our trips in the years to come!
i love that! where are you janelle?!
We’re in Panguitch, Utah. It’s a tiny town outside of Bryce Canyon. Didn’t realize how much I needed to be *near* nature (we rented a house. Ha). Basically everything around us are national parks/forests!
Are you going to northern MI? We took our annual trip (from the DC area) in July. The experience was odd – it’s all different in the time of COVID. But it was still amazing – the lake is so restorative and the sunsets never disappoint!
yes we are :)