Whipped Coconut Cream Cold Brew.
New coffee alert! Whipped coconut cream cold brew is happening!
This coffee is UNREAL.
The coconut cold brew over ice is refreshing and perfect. It’s topped with whipped coconut cream that is like a fluffy layer of love.
Throw a can of coconut milk in your fridge ASAP so you can enjoy this with me.
Especially if you’re a coffee + coconut freak too.
If you’ve hung around here for awhile you may remember the days when I was obsessed with whipped coconut cream. This is long before you could find store bought versions. And I mean, when I say obsessed, I mean… obsessed. I’ve made whipped coconut cream chocolate mousse, watermelon granita with coconut cream, angel food cake with coconut cream, lemon cupcakes with coconut cream, brown butter shortbread parfaits and so much more.
I LOVE it.
It’s super easy too. All you need is a can of full-fat coconut milk. The only caveat is that it has to be refrigerated overnight. GAH. I know!
But it’s worth it, trust me.
A few weeks ago, Lacy had a whipped coconut cream cold brew from De Fer and just about lost her mind over it. She said we had to make it and of course, it sounded incredible to me. Obviously!
I think De Fer’s version may use oatmilk somewhere in the drink, but we scrapped that. Instead, we made a super fast coconut syrup. I’ve made a fancier coconut syrup before when I made these coconut lattes. But this time, I made a simple syrup and added a drop of coconut extract as it cooled. SO easy!
So all you need is a glass of ice, your favorite cold brew, a drop of the coconut syrup and some fluffy coconut cream.
IT IS A DREAM!
For me, the best part about this cold brew is that the whipped coconut cream doesn’t really curdle. I mean, that is HUGE. I always want to love (canned) coconut milk in my coffee but it’s just so… meh. And it often curdles the minute it hits your glass. This does not. Cue all the exclamation points!
I think it’s because you whip the coconut cream until it’s just soft – not overly whipped or firm – and that in between is what makes it perfect. It’s not regular liquid coconut milk and it’s not super whipped. It’s soft and creamy and cloudlike.
Pop over to instagram today to see how I make it!
Seriously, I want to drink this every single morning.
Whipped Coconut Cream Cold Brew
- 8 ounces cold brew coffee
- 1 to 2 ounces coconut syrup, recipe below
- ⅓ cup whipped coconut cream, recipe below
- cocoa powder, for sprinkling
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated for at least 24 hours
- Fill a glass with ice. Pour the cold brew over top and add the syrup. Stir to combine. Top with the coconut whipped cream. Sprinkle with cocoa powder. Serve!
- Place the water and sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Whisk constantly, until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer and let the mixture bubble for a minute. Remove it from heat and let it cool to room temperature. Stir in the coconut extract. You can store this sealed in the fridge for at least a week. This makes ½ cup syrup.
Remove the can of coconut milk out of the fridge. Open the can - the cream should have separated from the liquid. (If you’re using coconut cream, it will not have liquid and you can just whip that.) Discard the liquid, then scoop the firm coconut meat into the bowl of your electric mixer. Beat on medium speed until it's softly whipped and slightly thickened. If desired, you can beat in 1 to 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar. I personally don’t think it needs sugar.
- You can store this in a sealed container in the fridge for a few days!
- Notes: You MUST use full-fat CANNED coconut milk for this. I keep a few cans of coconut milk or coconut cream in my fridge at all times so I can make this when I want!
P.S. you could also try a cold brew soda float!