Sheet Pan Shrimp Nachos.
These sheet pan shrimp nachos are sponsored by ALDI!
It’s no secret! I’m am alllll about the sheet pan nacho.
And these quick and easy sheet pan shrimp nachos are going to be a staple on your menu. I promise.
I might dub this summer the summer of the sheet pan nacho for us. Mostly because I have made some incredible combinations for a few small get togethers we’ve had at our house with family… and the nachos have been the first to go. Even some of our family members who don’t eat snacks? They DEVOURED them.
I’m so excited to be partnering with ALDI again today for this post. As we all start to get back into our routines, whether it’s virtual school or going back to school, there is one thing on our minds: quick and easy dinners!
What does back-to-school look like for you this year? As of right now, we are going back in person but it is such a fluid, unpredictable situation that I’m prepared for that to change at any moment.
2020 is NUTS.
I know one thing – I want our evenings at home to be calm and predictable, since many mornings and afternoons may not be that way. Getting back to school here, whether it’s in person or online, is going to bring so much routine back into our home and I can.not.wait. It will add more structure to our day and really give us that routine that helps balance everything.
Delicious food will more than help!
This shrimp nacho version may be our favorite nacho combo to date. Years ago, I made a seafood nacho plate after having it at a restaurant. This was back when everyone was all “cheese and seafood don’t mix” and well, I was there to tell you that it certainly does.
And now, I’m back again with the same!
ALDI has been my go-to place for pantry ingredients and staples that I need to make weeknight meals happen seamlessly. They have an incredible selection of affordable produce, meats, seafood and basic items that I use to stock the fridge and freezer. I can always find whatever I’m looking for to get dinner on the table – and fast.
Even throughout the last six months when we’ve been staying at home, once that 4PM hour rolls around, I want to make something simple and quick in the kitchen. But there are caveats: it has to taste amazing; I want to have all the ingredients on hand and I want it to be a hit for the entire family. I love knowing that ALDI has everything I need in one place – and on top of that, I always find special ingredients that I can’t wait to incorporate into my meals!
For these nachos, I used the Sea Queen Medium Shrimp which are the PERFECT size for nachos! I also used the Simple Nature Organic Black Beans, the Happy Farms Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese and ton of fresh produce, including avocados, tomatoes, lettuce and cilantro. ALDI is loaded with nacho ingredients, so you’ll be able to find your favorites!
This is what makes my sheet pan nachos incredible these days:
I sprinkle the chips with Happy Farms Shredded Cheese and throw them in the oven. Okay, not big deal right?
BUT THEN! Then, I make a super quick three ingredient queso (really just a cheese sauce) to drizzle all over top. It takes five minutes and is so, so worth it. I’m telling you, it makes the nachos seem very restaurant worthy.
You know how you have a favorite restaurant that has a great nacho appetizer plate? This is that, but at home. You’re making it at home!
Nachos at home are such a treat and this is such a perfect family friendly meal. Everyone loves it and you can get it on the table in 30 minutes. Who could say no to these?!
Sheet Pan Shrimp Nachos
Sheet Pan Shrimp Nachos
- 1 12 ounce bag Sea Queen Medium Shrimp, defrosted and tails removed
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 bag Clancy’s Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- 1 12 ounce bag Happy Farms Shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- 1 can Simply Nature Organic Black Beans
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced or chopped
- guacamole, for serving
- sliced jalapeños, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Have a 10x15inch sheet pan ready and cover it with foil for easy clean up if you’d like.
- Toss the shrimp with the chili powder, garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Make a quick pico de gallo. Combine the tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, onion, cilantro and lime juice. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and stir.
- Spread the tortilla chips out on the sheet pan. Sprinkle with the Mexican cheese. Top with the shrimp and the beans, scattering them all over the nachos.
- Place the pan in the oven for 10 minutes, just to let the cheese melt. Make the quick queso while it’s in the oven - it only takes a few minutes!
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and drizzle with the quick queso. Top with the pico de gallo and lettuce. Top with the avocado and spritz of lime. Serve!
- Freshly grate the block on Monterey jack and toss the cheese shreds with the flour. Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until it’s warm and just starts to bubble around the edges. Turn the heat down to low and stir in the cheese. Continuously stir until the cheese is melty. Drizzle it over the nachos and serve!
Favorite way to eat a garden!