Lemon Butter Shrimp and Broccoli Skillet.
This lemon butter shrimp is sponsored by ALDI.
This lemon butter shrimp skillet is the perfect weeknight dinner!
And I’m so excited to tell you about it. It’s ideal for even the busiest of days.
This dinner is such a simple one-skillet meal that will come together in minutes. We LOVE making something like this once a week – whenever the day has been particularly wild or rushed, I can throw something like this together in under 30 minutes instead of ordering takeout. It’s seriously perfect and the flavor is spot on.
Today I’m partnering with ALDI to bring you this delish, fast, lemon butter shrimp skillet. I’m so thrilled to partner with ALDI again in 2021! They are my go-to for high-quality foods at incredible prices. I have one right in my backyard – seriously, I could walk there! It makes it so easy if I need to grab something during the week, though I often do a big ALDI delivery order each weekend to prepare. They have such great organic produce and I live for their varieties of cheese, crackers and snacks.
We also adore the meat and seafood options at ALDI. This dish is no exception – I used both the Fremont Fish Market Jumbo EZ Peel Raw Shrimp and the Specially Selected Black Tiger Shrimp. Both are absolutely divine! Juicy, tender and wonderful quality. I always have a bag or two stashed in the freezer.
When it comes to most dishes that I cook using shrimp, I like to start with raw shrimp. While pre-cooked shrimp is perfect for shrimp cocktail or my sheet pan shrimp nachos, a skillet dish is made for raw shrimp so you don’t overcook it. This way, the shrimp can take a nice sauté in butter, garlic and lemon and come out tasting like heaven, all while still tender.
I mean, sounds pretty perfect to me!
To start this dish, I actually toss the broccoli in the skillet first. The produce at ALDI is so fantastic – I find better organic options there than any other grocery store. In this dish, I like to get some golden edges and soften it a bit, almost mimicking a roasted broccoli in mere minutes. Once the broccoli is done, I remove it just to cook the shrimp.
It all begins with butter! And salt and pepper and garlic. These flavors are pretty much all you need to make shrimp taste incredible. Adding lemon takes it up a notch and really brightens the flavor. I like to create a lemony butter sauce in the skillet, add a pinch of red pepper flakes and then toss the broccoli right on in.
On the side, I used one of the Simply Nature Organic 90 Second Quinoa and Brown Rice pouches. We LOVE these. Eddie takes them for lunch all the time. There are a few varieties but the quinoa + rice version is my personal favorite. The texture is great!
The fact that I can cook this in 90 seconds is amazing – and only adds value to this already-fast meal that’s about to go on the table. It completes the dish and is the perfect complement to the shrimp and broccoli. My mom cooked dinner every night when I was growing up, and this reminds me SO much of the meals she would make. Classic, traditional and complete – a hearty main with two side dishes.
It’s such a crowd pleaser in our house and I hope you try it!
P.S. the leftovers are pretty darn good too.
Lemon Butter Shrimp and Broccoli
Lemon Butter Shrimp and Broccoli Skillet
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 bag Fremont Fish Market Jumbo EZ Peel Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lemon, freshly juiced
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pouch Simply Nature Organic 90 Second Quinoa and Brown Rice
- Pat the shrimp completely dry with a paper towel.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Toss in the broccoli florets and cook, stirring often, until it toasts and bit and softens, about 5 minutes. Transfer the broccoli to a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the butter to the skillet. Season the shrimp all over with the salt and pepper. Add it to the butter and cook until opaque, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Stir in the garlic cloves.
- Add in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan. Add in the lemon slices and the lemon juice. Let the mixture bubble for a minute or two. Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes.
- Add the broccoli back to the skillet and toss. Serve immediately with the Simply Nature Organic 90 Second Quinoa and Brown Rice on the side!