Smoked Sausage and Kale Skillet Gnocchi.
This sausage kale skillet gnocchi is weeknight meal perfection!
It’s one of those meals that you can throw together quickly, it tastes amazing AND the leftovers are delicious. I mean, it doesn’t get any better than that.
This skillet starts with browning some smoked sausage and then adding in kale until it cooks down a bit. While this happens, boil some gnocchi then add it into the pan. Throw in your parmesan and a bit of stock and oh MY.
Dinner is served.
I’m all about dinner but one of my goals for the new year is to perfect dinner in our house every weeknight. By that, I mean to have more of a plan, have it ready at a certain time every night and get the kids in a great routine of looking forward to dinner and enjoying it.
Growing up, dinnertime was one of my favorite parts of the day so that’s my goal!
And we’re starting with this delish gnocchi skillet. You may eat everything out of the pan before it makes it to a plate!
Ugh! I just can’t take how good this is.
I like to use prepared smoked turkey sausage for this recipe – as I do with all my smoked sausage recipes. It’s just my preference. But feel free to use a smoked pork sausage or any other pre-cooked sausage that you enjoy!
When it comes to the gnocchi, I buy shelf stable and it’s just so simple. Only takes a few minutes to cook.
The kale is wilty and chewy and delicious flavored. The light sauce comes together with chicken stock and parmesan. It’s not an overly saucy skillet, which is exactly how I like these meals. There is enough to give it some flavor and keep the dish moist, but the ingredients are swimming in anything.
Throwing everything in the skillet is easy and simple. And honestly, you could probably even try my sheet pan gnocchi method with these ingredients too.
Sausage Kale Skillet Gnocchi
Smoked Sausage and Kale Skillet Gnocchi
- 1 pound gnocchi
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces precooked smoked turkey sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 large bunch of kale, stems removed and chopped (you want about 4 to 6 cups)
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- pinch red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Once it boils, cook the gnocchi according to the package directions.
- While the water is boiling, Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil with the shallots and garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add in the sliced sausage and cook until the sausage is browned on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Add in the chopped kale and stir. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until it wilts a bit. Stir in the chicken stock and let it warm for a few minutes, continuing to wilt the kale.. Add the gnocchi to the pan. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Cook for a few more minutes to bring everything together. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve!
- Leftovers of this are great - you may want to add a bit of stock if it dries out when reheating.
This flavor is TOPS.