1. The above is a great depiction of our meals over the last give days.
2. And our living room is still a toy explosion. I can’t get it under control! If I go missing, you can find my buried under the toys.
3. Are you a tree-down before or after new year’s person? For me, it’s always done AFTER! At least a week or two. Growing up, this week between the holidays was the epitome of christmas for us – not before! I also love the twinkle lights too much to take them down already.
4. This flourless red velvet cake looks insane!
5. Every since switching to an academic year planner last year, I still get the new planner itch in December/January. I still use the passion planner (and adore it) but am curious which one you’re using for 2021!
6. Now that I spilled the baby news, I can tell you that I haven’t had caffeine in a few weeks and oh man, how I miss it. I only drink 1 cup a day and did so while pregnant with the others, but a few weeks ago I just couldn’t get ahold of my anxiety and it was the only thing I really had to cut out. I’m hoping to add it back in soon but man do I just miss the ritual!
7. TV things! I started Bridgerton last night and it’s so good. I didn’t think I’d like it because movies/shows/period dramas like that are just not my thing. But wow I loved it! Have you watched?!
8. What resolutions look like in 2021. Man, I want to make some but I also don’t know if I should! The overarching feeling I had in 2020 was that I just wasn’t accomplishing anything, you know?!
9. I couldn’t be more excited that I not only hit my reading goal for 2020, but that I also actually recorded it all and shared what I read every month! I JUST hit the goal so I don’t think I can add many more to my goal for 2021. I read 75 books this year – but maybe I can up it to 80 books.
21 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
how in the world do you read 75 books in one year??? I LOVE to read and can barely manage the 28 I read this year. and I don’t even have full-time kids! (I have step-kids that are with us part-time) I’m in awe of you!
i think in general i’m a pretty fast reader (i’ve just been told this since i was a kid, haha!) but i do read every single day no matter what! i probably have since i was 15 or 16. i read mostly at night and it’s not unusual for me to stay up and finish a book! (not a great habit, LOL)
We are usually a tree down after the new year or sometimes new years day. Congrats on hitting your reading goal. I think 75 would still be a good number considering you ARE going to having a baby this year. Plus don’t you have another cookbook coming out soon?? :-) I am a Jan-Dec planner myself. I bought one for next year and it had Nov & Dec in it, so I switched right over to that one.
good point… haha! in my mind i’m thinking oh well i will have a newborn and be awake all night so maybe i can increase it… hahaha!
My husband cut out caffeine due to anxiety, but we’ve been buying the decaf Nespresso coffee and it’s the best tasting decaf! You can still have your coffee ritual every morning 😊
i do have some nespresso decaf and it is pretty good!! i agree it’s prob the best!
I don’t like any decaf coffee and the Nespresso was the worst.
I love your posts and look forward to them. Sorry about the caffeine. It will be back soon! I use the unbound planner. It’s actually bound very nicely. When I first started I missed my Erin Condren, but I ordered it again. It is really good!
I love leaving the tree up until King’s Day/Epiphany (Jan. 6). It keeps the fun of Christmas alive, then you get king cake and it’s carnival season!
You’re pregnant..?.how did I miss that..?.your blog is emailed and I read it first thing every morning..!.well, congrats.. I look forward to hearing about everything..you know I am 71 years old, but I alive vicariously through you..just so you know..Happy New Year..to you, Eddie and the kids..(all 3 of them)..
Second this! I definitely missed that news. I even looked back and can’t find it? Congrats!
My favorite thing about Goodreads is keeping tracking of my book count! I set a low goal of 40 this year but think I’ll finish at 68. I think it would be fun to get to 100, but expecting baby #2 next year so that is probably not realistic! :)
I love Goodreads too and the reviews I leave help. Sometimes I start reading a book, and it’s so familiar list and look at my Goodreads and, yes I read it 3 weeks ago and didn’t like it! Those covers just get me.
Oh my gosh, yes! I can’t even imagine how many books I would re-read if not for Goodreads reminding me I already did, haha :)
Loved tracking my books this year! Realized the second week in February I hadn’t used my Goodreads account since I opened it in 2009….. Keeps me motivated and always seeking new books. Setting 75 as my benchmark for 2021!
Congrats on the new bebe!
I use The Appointed Calendar. I got hooked last year and it’s my favorite calendar. So simple.
For resolutions, I used Tracy’s (Shutterbean) “It’s Currently 2020”. Ordered my 2021 at Thanksgiving. It’s more of a monthly highlight type of journal but I always lay out my intentions for the month BEFORE starting the month. Then I have a book that I can go back on for the year to see where I’ve been and where I’m going. I truly love it.
I finished all 8 episodes of Bridgerton in one sitting. So happy to see that Shonda Rhimes utilized Rege Jean Page from her lawyer series For the People as the Duke. There are several books in this series so hopefully there will be more seasons.
I just started it and watched for a half hour and couldn’t get into it. Maybe I’ll try later. I need a series!!!
Simplified Daily Planner!
My husband and I are hooked on Bridgeton……Very Steamy!♨
We got our tree just before Thanksgiving and just took it down yesterday….it was so dry, we even watered daily. Makes you wonder when they cut it down?
It was a great Christmas 🌲this year for us.
Congrats on the baby news! Excited for you & your family!
As for planners, I got a Russell + Hazel one this year from Target. I love that each week it has a two-page spread with one side devoted to each day. The other side has room for me to make a to-do list, goal for the week, notes, priorities, and notes about the next week. PLUS it has a quarterly goals section which I LOVE.