The Best Seasoned Pretzels! Seriously, These Are Addictive.
Warning! You will not be able to stay away from these seasoned pretzels.
That is a promise!
I’m back with one more amazing recipe for you before the holiday! I hope you can add this one to your list because it is just too good.
It’s super easy.
The perfect snack to grab over the new few weeks.
And absolutely addictive!
Oh my word. These pretzels are AMAZING.
This is one of Eddie’s FAVORITE snacks. Ever. In fact, I made another batch yesterday for the holiday week and he came home from work and immediately dug in. Once you start, you just can’t stop with these. So crunchy. And seasoned. So flavorful!
Remember when I shared the caramel pretzels last week? Well, this is another recipe that Lacy’s mother-in-law has made forever and now we are all hooked. (I told you she makes the best snacks!!)
She even made a gigantic batch for their wedding last year for the after party snack table. It was incredible.
I’ve had this recipe long before the wedding, as Lacy got it for me soon after she had them the first time. I’ve made them ever since and guys, oh my gosh. They are just such a hit.
And this is huge, because I am NOT a pretzel person.
It’s hilarious, because my kids think that pretzels are the best snack on earth. They would eat bowl after bowl of pretzels every day if I let them. They live for pretzels.
Meanwhile, I think that pretzels are generally cardboard-ish and not that great. I mean, sure, I love Dots (have you had them?!) but regular old pretzels just don’t do it for me. I find them bland and uninspiring!
But these? These are life changing pretzels.
Now I have always had an affinity for the hard sourdough pretzels. My grandpa would buy them when I was kid and they remind me of him. I’d even eat a few, especially if dip was involved. Heck, I’d still eat them now with dip.
But they are one of the reasons that this seasoning mixture is so good! You break the pretzels into bite-size pieces, almost like those nugget pretzels you can buy in the store.
You mix together your seasoning – it’s olive oil, a ranch seasoning package (I KNOW but don’t skip it!), lemon pepper and garlic. This was a big deal for me because I’m also not a big ranch fan (unless it’s my own recipe) and so I tend not to make dips or ranch with the seasoning package.
However! I am here to tell you that for the first few months when I ate these pretzels, I had NO idea they had anything ranch-like in them. I just thought they had this incredible seasoning mix! So don’t freak over the ranch if you don’t love it. And well, if you do love it? You WILL be freaking.
I don’t know how to describe how wonderfully these seasonings all come together and coat the pretzels. You bake them and stir and then store them for snacking. Make them ahead of time for the week. Give them as snacky gifts to friend and family.
You won’t believe this flavor, seriously!
The Best Seasoned Pretzels
The Best Seasoned Pretzels
- 2 (16 ounce) bags sourdough pretzels, broken into pieces
- 1 ⅔ cup olive oil
- 1 (1 ounce) package of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break the pretzels apart into bite-size pieces and place them in a large bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the olive oil, ranch seasoning, lemon pepper, garlic powder and dill until combined. Pour the oil mixture over the pretzels. Toss over and over until combined - you can even use your (clean!) hands to bring everything together.
- Spread the pretzels out over the baking sheet, continuing to mix and combine. There will be some extra oil on the bottom of the sheet, just continue to toss.
- Bake the pretzels for 15 minutes. Toss well. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes. Toss again and let cool completely. Store in a resealable bag or container. These last for at least a week! If you’d like to keep them even fresher, you can store them in the fridge.
OMG I could dive into the bowl.