Pork Milanese with Lemon Parmesan Arugula.
Welcome to my new favorite dinner for 2021… pork milanese!
I mean, technically it’s the only dinner I’ve shared in 2021 so far, but I promise, it will be a new favorite.
I’m about to show you the best way to make pork chops! This crispy pork milanese is the juiciest pork I have ever eaten – and we’ve all been freaking out over it!
My mom was the queen of pork chops when I was growing up. She made them once a week or every other – they were my favorite meal she made on weeknights. They were so tender and fall-apart delicious. It’s been tricky to try and master them! While this recipe isn’t anything like the one she made when I was growing up, it’s definitely delish and a great way to make wonderful pork chops for a weeknight meal.
I mean, we all get bored of chicken every now and then, right?!
Now yes, I DO have a similar recipe that I use for chicken – my crispy parmesan chicken and arugula is easily one of the most made meals here on the site. It’s so easy, so delicious, so filling and light at the same time. I love making it when we may have had a bigger lunch or we’re just not starving for dinner. Everyone is always surprised at how flavorful it is. Love it.
The key to make this pork absolutely wonderful is to not overcook it. Not at all! I do it all in the skillet – not in the oven – and I highly, highly suggest you use a meat thermometer so you know when it is done! I find that it usually takes 3 to 4 minutes of pan-frying on both sides – and that’s all it needs.
The outsides are crispy and wonderfully crunchy.
The insides are juicy and flavorful and tender.
It’s such a good meal!
Much like the crispy parmesan chicken recipe I mentioned above, I like to serve this with some lemon arugula topped with parmesan. It’s such a simple salad but one that is refreshing, crisp and has a bit of a peppery bite from the arugula. It complements the pork so well too.
Of course my favorite part is that it comes together in about 30 minutes!
It ridiculously flavorful and such a great meal to add to the new year rotation!
Pork Milanese with Lemon Arugula
Crispy Pork Milanese with Lemon Arugula
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 to 8 cups arugula greens
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 to 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- Use a meat tenderizer to pound the pork chops until they are about ½ inch thick. You want them all even in thickness. Season the pork all over with salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat the eggs in one bowl. In another bowl. Combined the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Dip each piece of pork in the egg and then into the breadcrumbs, pressing gently so they adhere.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the pork chops (you may need to do this in batches) and cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown and crispy and the internet temperature is 145 degrees F. Remove the pork and let it rest a few minutes before slicing.
- Slice and serve over the lemon arugula!
- Place the arugula in a bowl and toss it well with salt and pepper. Squeeze on the juice of 1 lemon and drizzle on 1 tablespoons of olive oil and toss well. You can add more lemon juice/oil if you wish – go by your preference!
- Add in the shaved parmesan and toss well. Serve immediately with the crispy pork.
Ahh look at that crispy, crunchy topping!