Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.
I swear I’m not crazy for sharing pumpkin muffins in January!
If you make them, you will see why. They are year-round worthy!
I know, I know! Is it still pumpkin season? I quizzed you in my week in the life post and instagram and the majority of you still wanted to see these pumpkin muffins. I’d say it’s pumpkin season until about march, so we’re good. Some of you said it’s pumpkin season year round! My kids would agree.
These are like my pumpkin dream cake, in small bite-size portions!
Oh my GOSH these muffins. We love them. We have made them so.many.times. They are the kids’ favorite muffins AND – now, this is huge. Eddie, a self-proclaimed pumpkin hater – eats these muffins and adores them. Loves them!
I partially attribute that to my minimal use of spice. I ramble about it all the time – I love pumpkin things, but I don’t necessarily love pumpkin SPICE things. You know? It is a fairly bland flavor on its own, so I do find that I like a bit of spice or savory seasonings. Just not a lot.
I’m warning you here, in case you want to double the spice amount in the recipe below!
This recipe makes about 18 perfectly plump muffins. They are so darn good!
Now this isn’t my first time making pumpkin muffins. I have a chai version here and an almond version here. I also used a simply recipes version and mashed up the three, finding a middle ground with the flour and making sure I could use the entire can of pumpkin so it didn’t go to waste.
And we have these beauties that came out perfectly!
These are the type of muffins that are delicious enough for dessert. I mean, let’s be honest, muffins are really just cake masquerading as muffins for breakfast. I will never say no to that.
Especially if they are a little warm with a dollop of butter.
Oh my gosh. Now I’m starving.
So while I know it’s not technically pumpkin season, I couldn’t help but share so you could make a weekend treat. These are so well loved in our house and a fun thing to make with the kids. They fight over the mixing bowl and all that, but in the end we all get to eat them.
And that’s the real win!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips (milk or dark - your choice!)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and the eggs until combined. Whisk in the pumpkin puree. Whisk in the oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined - do not overmix! Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin tins about ¾ of the way full. Bake the muffins for 18 to 20 minutes, or until set in the center. Let cool before serving!
Is that the perfect bite or what?!