No Churn Strawberry Oreo Ice Cream.
This no churn strawberry oreo ice cream is the perfect summer treat! Comes together fast with all the flavor of strawberries and oreos. It’s such a unique and lovely flavor combination!
OH YES. Let’s make this strawberry oreo ice cream a thing.
It’s already a thing in my freezer. Pretty sure it’s going to be a thing all summer long. As long as the sun is shining, at least!
Remember last year, when I made the most amazing no churn coffee oreo ice cream? I swear, it was one of the best things to come out of 2020. And last summer definitely became theeee summer of coffee oreo ice cream at our house.
I mean, sort of.
Eddie doesn’t like coffee, so there’s that.
But let’s just say it became the summer of coffee oreo ice cream for ME!
So naturally, I decided that the perfect coffee oreo ice cream wasn’t enough. I wanted to make more versions! Other flavors I love! Different combos I can’t get enough of! (spoiler alert: there is still another flavor coming shortly!)
That’s how I ended up with strawberry oreo ice cream. I absolutely LOVE strawberry season. It’s my favorite fruit ever and I will jump at the chance to make anything with those lovely berries. Savory, sweet, you name it. Especially ice cream.
While strawberry ice cream itself hasn’t always appealed to me, a strawberry oreo ice cream sounded like the BEST thing ever. It could be the pregnancy talking (I’ve still never recovered from thinking mac & cheese crostini could be a thing back when I was pregnant with Max), but I also have been dreaming of the combo since last summer.
It just sounded so incredibly wonderful to me.
And I wasn’t wrong!
This is super super easy. First, you make a strawberry sauce/puree mixture to beat into the heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk mixture. It’s so good in itself, you will want to eat that with a spoon!
Once that’s all mixed together, in go the crushed oreos. Crush them into pieces or use bigger chunks – however you find yourself drawn to cookies and cream ice cream! Freeze that baby and then go.to.town.
I’ve always been iffy on no churn ice cream, until the coffee oreo version. The whipped heavy cream and condensed milk makes for the perfect consistency. After a few days it may harder in the freezer a bit too much, but just remove it 20 minutes or so before scooping and you’re good to go.
The ice cream is so creamy, the strawberries are sweet and fresh and juicy and even a little tart. And the oreos are crunchy, chocolately perfection.
Give me all the waffle cones!
No Churn Strawberry Oreo Ice Cream
No Churn Strawberry Oreo Ice Cream
- Place the strawberries and the sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir to combine and then let the strawberries cook until they are saucy and juicy, stirring often, about 8 to 10 minutes. You can mash some of the berries as you go! Essentially you want a somewhat chunky strawberry sauce. You can also blend the mixture if you’d like it smooth. Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool completely.
- Place the oreos in a resealable bag and use your hands or a rolling pin to crush the cookies.
- Place the heavy cream in a bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Beat with the electric mixer for another 1 to 2 minutes until combined. Beat in the cooled strawberry puree. Use a spatula to fold in the crushed oreo cookies, stirring until combined.
- Pour the mixture in a 9x5 inch loaf pan or a freezer proof ice cream container. If desired, throw a few whole oreo cookies on top or any extra strawberry puree from the bowl!
- Freeze for at least 6 hours before scooping and serving. After the initial set in the freezer, this does get a bit hard to scoop, so I’d suggest removing it about 20 minutes or so before you’d like to scoop it!
Down for pink ice cream any day!