Sweet Corn, Peach and Tomato Salad with Crispy Quinoa.
This peach tomato salad is loaded with fresh, sweet corn, drizzled in my fresh basil vinaigrette and topped with crispy toasted quinoa. So delicious, refreshing and perfect for the end of summer!
Who else still can’t get enough summer eats?!
Me, me, me!
We eat super seasonally in our house and I can assure you that we’re still on the major summer produce train. The amount that I buy from our local farm each week is wild. The kids adore fruit, and we eat a lot of it on the weekend too. I will grill any and all summer vegetables that I can get my hands on.
And when it comes to sweet corn? Well… all bets are off.
Our corn here in Pennsylvania is SO good.
In fact, the corn we’ve been getting tastes the best that it has in years! I don’t even want to tell you how many ears I grill at once. I could just eat that for dinner and be happy.
But of course! I need to make things a little fancier. Throw together the incredible produce and make a meal out of it. A perfect summer plate, if you will.
This is the ultimate sweet & savory, crisp and refreshing dish. The peaches, corn and tomatoes are ridiculous right now. Perfectly ripe and sweet. The corn has a refreshing crunch – I use it fresh right off the cob. That’s right. I don’t cook it. It is SO sweet and crisp when you slice it right from the cob – it’s incredible.
Of course, you can cook it if you really want to. I would grill it before anything else!
The peaches are so juicy. The cherry tomatoes taste like candy. (I used to hate when my parents said that but wow, it’s true. This must mean I’m officially old.)
Then! We go and drizzle it with the most perfect fresh basil vinaigrette. I’ve used this recipe in a few dishes lately on the blog. It comes from my new book Everyday Dinners and it is a dream. So vibrant and refreshing and absolutely delicious. It’s a great way to use up that fresh basil if you’re all pesto-ed out.
Or, if you’d just prefer more of a dressing than a grainy pesto!
Finally, I love to top this whole thing off with buttery, toasted quinoa. I use cooked quinoa – that way it really adds a great texture. Then basically fry it in a pan with a tiny bit of butter, instead it’s super crisp and crunchy.
Throw it on top of the fruit and ENJOY!
Oh my word, it is delicious.
It’s also a perfect way to use up any extra quinoa you may have leftover from dinner.
I also love to finish things off with a shower of fresh herbs. More basil, some chives – whatever you have on hand that you love. It adds another refreshing, bright vibe.
As if the salad even needed more!
Run run run don’t walk and make this salad in your kitchen before these treats are out of season! We only have a few weeks of really great corn and tomatoes here before fall produce kicks into high gear.
This is one of those dishes that you can make if you’re craving something light. It also pairs incredibly well with grilled steak or chicken. And you can even grill some sourdough and throw it on the side of this salad.
Really, you can’t go wrong!
Peach Tomato Salad with Sweet Corn and Crispy Quinoa
Peach Tomato Corn Salad
- Make the basil vinaigrette and set it aside. You can make this the night before too.
- Toast the quinoa first. Melt the butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add in the quinoa with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, tossing it occasionally, until golden and crisp. I start with 1 tablespoon of butter and add more if it needs more to crisp it up.
- Assemble the peaches, tomatoes and corn on a plate. Sprinkle all over with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the basil vinaigrette. Top with the crispy quinoa and chives. Serve immediately!
- Note: you can assemble this ahead of time but keep the quinoa separate until right before serving. It will soften if it sits on the fruit too long!
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Store any extras in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
That’s a framer.