Crispy Prosciutto and Charred Corn Arugula Salad.
This prosciutto corn arugula salad is so simple and flavorful! Charred corn, crispy prosciutto, peppery arugula and a parmesan vinaigrette! Absolutely delish.
There’s a new favorite salad on the block!
I won’t lie, I’m feeling the fall vibes now with it being September. I’m ready to jump head first into all the cozy soups and warming pasta dishes, but it’s still summer! And I can’t let my beloved sweet corn go It’s just the best and we only get it for, like, five minutes a year. Gotta make the best of it!
Enter this lovely little salad. My goal was to create an easy summer house salad. Or just an easy summer greens salad. Something where the corn could shine, but nothing overwhelming or too crazy. I love a good “starter” salad and they definitely have their place in my meal plans when we’re trying to get in some greens.
This salad TASTES super fancy and delicious. It tastes like it has more ingredients than you’d think. The only things in the salad are arugula greens, corn, prosciutto and parmesan! Of course – salt and pepper. And then, we drizzle with the vinaigrette. But our base consists of those four ingredients.
It’s so wonderful because those ingredients are delish on their own, and when they come together, it’s a simple flavor powerhouse.
Sweet, crisp corn.
Crispy, salty and savory prosciutto.
Peppery, refreshing arugula.
Buttery and nutty parmesan!
I mean, I’m hungry just writing those out. Do they even need a dressing?!
They do though. Because this dressing is FAB.
I can’t even tell you how much I love the parmesan vinaigrette. If you haven’t had the blue cheese vinaigrette from Everyday Dinners yet, you are missing out. It’s this wonderful briney and tart vinaigrette that has blue cheese in it – which basically gets marinated in the dressing.
The parmesan is the same way, but since it has smaller pieces, it makes the dressing a bit more hearty and blends in. It’s fantastic.
Also, super flavorful and works on SO many salads. You really can use it on anything!
My favorite salads are always full of crunch and this is no exception. The corn has a sweet, crisp-like crunch. I like to grill the corn to get some of that sweet, carmely flavor, but you can always use fresh corn, uncooked, right from the cob.
The real kicker here is the crispy prosciutto. It’s paper-thin and practically shatters like glass, providing the best crunchy bits on top of the greens. It’s so much better than bacon on this salad!
Serve it as a starter, a side, or if you’re like me… for dinner with a hunk slice of sourdough. YUM.
Prosciutto Corn Arugula Salad
Crispy Prosciutto and Charred Corn Arugula Salad
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 3 ears of corn
- 8 to 10 cups arugula greens
- kosher salt and pepper
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your grill to the highest setting. Shuck the corn. I don’t use olive oil or anything here - I find that it browns nicely on the grill and there is enough flavor with everything else! If you’d like, you can brush or spray it with olive oil.
- Place the corn on the grill grates and cook until charred and golden, rotating every few minutes. My corn usually takes 10 to 15 minutes total, maybe a bit less for smaller ears. You may need to remove smaller ears sooner! Let the corn cook slightly, then slice it off the cob.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the prosciutto and cook until crisp and golden, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the prosciutto and place it on a paper towel to cool.
- Toss the arugula in a large bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add in the corn and parmesan cheese. Tops with a few tablespoons of the vinaigrette, tossing well to coat the greens. Crush the prosciutto over the arugula into small bites. Add more dressing if you’d like and serve!
- Whisk together the vinegar, garlic, chives, honey and dijon. Stream in the olive oil while whisking until emulsified. Stir in the parmesan cheese. This stays great in the fridge for 2 to 3 days - just shake or whisk before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
Sooo crispy crunchy!
3 Comments on “Crispy Prosciutto and Charred Corn Arugula Salad.”
Made this for dinner tonight. So good!! Will be making it again for lunch tomorrow!
This dish is really amazing. Thanks for the sharing.
This was such a delightful combination!