Everything Soft Pretzel Bites with Chipotle Beer Cheese.
These everything soft pretzel bites are soft and chewy and amazing! Serve with chipotle cheddar beer cheese dip – it’s heaven!
Our weekend treat is calling your name!
Soft pretzel bites are the ultimate weekend snack. Just add cheese!
Everyone LOVES soft pretzels in our house but it’s not something I make often. I’m totally going to change that because they really aren’t that difficult. I’ve made pretzels before, along with everything pretzel buns, which are our most favorite. I’ve even made pretzel bread bowls for soup and pretzel hot dogs. Now that the kids also love soft pretzels, I’m going to make it a goal to bake them once a month or so.
Especially because Max and Emilia love helping with dough. It’s just about their favorite thing!
These everything soft pretzels have the perfect amount of soft pretzel dough with chew. The outsides are golden brown and sprinkled with the classic everything seasoning – sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion, dried garlic and salt. Some people add caraway seeds to everything seasoning, but I don’t because I’m not a monster.
Dipped in a chipotle cheddar beer cheese, these are the best snack for game day. Or heck, grab a beer and have your own personal little oktoberfest celebration!
Either way, let’s eat pretzels and cheese.
I loved everything seasoning before it was a huge thing. I even have a recipe for it in my first cookbook, Seriously Delish.
Over the years, I’ve decided that I love everything seasoning the most on carb-y things. For instance, I don’t really want it on my eggs or my avocado. But make crackers with it, or of course, have a bagel? YES YES YES.
So naturally, everything pretzel bites are everything that I want.
This past summer on our michigan vacation, we were ordering take-out and everything pretzel nuggets were on the menu. I wasn’t sure if I’d enjoy them – and I really didn’t think Eddie would, because he doesn’t even care for everything bagels.
But oh my WORD.
They were incredible. So perfectly seasoned and a mixture of soft, chewy pretzel with crunch from the seasoning. Divine!
They were also served with beer cheese dip, which isn’t out of the ordinary for soft pretzels. I knew I wanted it to be slightly different, so I made a chipotle cheese dip. My classic beer cheese recipe with some chipotle peppers and adobo sauce thrown in for a kick. It’s not overly spicy – my kids still liked it! – it just has a tiny hint of heat.
The pretzels like this are a little high maintenance, but they are so totally worth it.
Melty cheese, chewy pretzels and zippy seasoning. I’m in!
Everything Soft Pretzel Bites with Chipotle Beer Cheese
Everything Pretzels with Chipotle Beer Cheese
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast (21/4 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for your workspace
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cups baking soda
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ¼ cup everything seasoning
chipotle beer cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup your favorite beer (I like a lighter wheat beer)
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, diced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from the can of chipotles
- 16 ounces freshly grated white cheddar cheese
- In the bowl of your electric stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the water, honey and yeast and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes until foamy.
- Add in the flour, salt, and butter, then mix with the dough hook until thoroughly combined. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Punch the dough down and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Cut the dough into 12 pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a rope using your hands, you want the rope to be about 1 inch in thickness. Use a sharp knife to then cut 1 inch pieces from the rope, creating little dough nuggets.
- Place the dough nuggeest on the baking sheet. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to a low boil. Add the baking soda and lower the heat to a simmer. Put the pretzel nuggets into the water - I like to use a slotted spoon for this.. Boil for 30 seconds then carefully turn the nuggers over in the liquid. Repeat for another 30 seconds then remove with a slotted spoon to the prepared sheet pans. Repeat with all the dough.
- With a pastry brush, brush each piece of pretzel with the lightly beaten egg, making sure to coat all sides completely. Then sprinkle the everything seasoning all over the nuggets, coating them all over - or using as much or as little as you’d like!
- Bake the bites for 12 to 18 minutes. Remove them and dip in the chipotle cheddar sauce!
chipotle beer cheese
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once sizzling, whisk in the flour and stir for 1 to 2 minutes until golden and fragrant and bubbly to create a roux. Stir in the beer, whisking well to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cheese in small handfuls, stirring until totally melted and smooth. Whisk in the chipotle peppers and adobo sauce. Serve immediately with the pretzels.
I mean, they actually are EVERYTHING.