Pumpkin Cranberry Cheeseball.
This pumpkin cranberry cheeseball is so flavorful. Make it ahead of time to serve on Thanksgiving. Made with blue cheese, dried cranberries and pumpkin, rolled in almonds and herbs. It’s delicious! Serve with crackers or chips.
Say hello to this week’s snack!
The truth is, I’ve always been torn on Thanksgiving snacks. I hate serving a bunch of things before the huge meal, because then guests aren’t as hungry!
But on the other hand, I love having guests over early, like a few hours before the meal. And of course there has to be food for that. Good, cozy food.
I often just do a cheeseboard. I’ll probably do one this year too! Nothing overly extravagant, but one with the GOOD cheeses.
And I may throw in a cheeseball to keep it fancy.
The key to any Thanksgiving snack or appetizers? You have to be able to make it ahead of time. The further ahead you can make it, the better!
That way, it’s the least of your worries while you’re prepping a big meal.
I could probably turn this into a cheeseball blog at this point because I have so many good ones. And this is no exception!
This pumpkin cranberry cheeseball is so flavorful. It also has blue cheese in it which makes for the most delicious flavor – rich, tangy, sweet and savory. Make it a few days ahead of time, which allows the ingredients to marry even more. Then it really tastes amazing!
This is super easy to make!
- I mix everything together a day or two before and form it into a ball. Wrap it in plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge.
- Once it’s been refrigerated for a bit, I go back in and roll the ball to be a bit more smooth. Simple as that! This isn’t required but it does help it look pretty.
- Before serving, roll it in some chopped almonds and herbs. THAT’S IT!
- I love to serve it with all sorts of crackers. You could also do chips. Or even veggie sticks of some kind.
My number one favorite cheeseball is this pomegranate jeweled cheeseball! Especially for Thanksgiving – it’s so pretty and also delicious. I also have this spiced orange cheeseball which is wonderful for the holiday season. Then of course I also have a bunch of mini cheeseball recipes.
My grandma was the queen of the easy cheeseball. Then it was my mom. They had one at every gathering and it’s just so good. Such an easy app to make for a crowd and it goes a long way.
This cheeseball is loaded with festive flavors of the season and could not be better!
Pumpkin Cranberry Cheeseball
Pumpkin Cranberry Cheeseball
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, blue cheese, cheddar and pumpkin puree until combined. Mix thoroughly until everything is evenly distributed. Stir in the cranberries, pumpkin pie spice and big pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap on your counter. Form the cheese mixture into somewhat of a ball and place it in the center of the plastic wrap. Wrap it up, forming it more into a ball as you go. Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours, or overnight. After refrigerating, you can form it into more of a ball with your hands while it’s still wrapped in plastic.
- To roll the cheeseball, combine the chopped almonds and parsley on a plate, stirring them together. Place the cheeseball on the plate and roll it through, coating the outside.
- You can serve the cheeseball immediately or wrap it up and serve a few hours later. You can make this a day or two ahead of time, but I would wait to roll the ball in the nuts, as they will soften over time because of the cream cheese.
Best flavor ever.