Frosted Cranberry Drop Cookies.
These cranberry drop cookies are perfect for the holiday season! Topped with cream cheese frosting and sparkly sprinkles, they are festive and delicious!
Oh my gosh. New favorite christmas cookie alert!
These cookies are DELISH!
This drop cookie is made with dried cranberries, cream cheese frosting and hit of orange or cinnamon if you wish. It’s FESTIVE. And slightly chewy. It’s so buttery and good.
I’ll be honest. This has never been my favorite flavor combination. Cranberry orange is good but it’s just not something I would choose first. We all know what a psycho chocolate peanut butter fan I am – and those flavor combos are on two totally different spectrums.
I gotta say, this cookie may be changing my mind. This is such a good cookie!!
The original recipe called for fresh cranberries. I like using fresh cranberries sometimes, but they really didn’t appeal to me in cookies. And I often have trouble finding them other than, like, three random weeks in November.
So here we are! An easy, buttery drop cookie stuffed with dried cranberries. YUM.
Also, the term drop cookie is funny! You really can drop spoonfuls of these right onto the baking sheet. I prefer to do a more perfect “drop” with an ice cream scoop so they are roughly the same size and look pretty. In other words, so they look instagram-pretty. You know.
These cookies are also frosted!! Clearly.
I dollop on some of my cream cheese frosting, making these some of the kids’ new favorite cookies too. Anything with frosting.
The frosting excites me too, because I liiiiiive for cream cheese frosting.
And you can totally spice this up too. Add a bit of cinnamon or nutmeg to the frosting. Stir in some freshly grated orange zest (my fave).
I think it goes without saying that you can also add some white chocolate to the cookies too.
These are a new classic!
Cranberry Drop Cookies
Cranberry Drop Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the egg until combined, scraping down the sides as needed. Beat in the vanilla extract and the milk.
- Beat in the dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in the dried cranberries.
- Drop the cookies on to the baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and set. Remove and let cool completely before frosting.
cream cheese frosting
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until creamy. Beat in the sugar until combined. Beat in the vanilla extract. If desired, add either the cinnamon or the orange zest. Frost the cookies once cooled and sprinkle with sugar sprinkles.
Frosting dollops for life.