Hot Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken Nachos with Mango Pico de Gallo.
These chicken sheet pan nachos are loaded with flavor and so crunchy and delicious. Honey honey, chipotle BBQ spice, sauce, queso and a mango pico make these nachos extra flavorful and wild.
Otherwise known as chicken nachos with the longest name ever.
But quite possibly the most delicious chicken nachos as well?
I wouldn’t doubt it.
These chicken nachos may be the only chicken nachos that I make for the rest of my life. I’m not sure I can thoroughly explain how frantically we consumed these off the sheet pan because they were so surprisingly wonderful.
I mean, I knew they would be “good.”
Did I know they would be the best chicken nachos ever? No.
We love my grilled smoky chicken nachos. They are super good too. But these are NEXT LEVEL.
It’s the flavor combo.
Oh my gosh and I know that it’s the longest name ever but each ingredient is necessary. Each component feels OH SO IMPORTANT in what makes these chicken nachos the most delicious ever, so I had to include it.
We have crunch and texture of course, but then we have sweet heat, peppery heat, tangy sweet sauce and a refreshing citrus fruity salsa on top.
It’s a lot going on but I can’t even pick the one ingredient that I would skip.
These might be the most dramatic nachos ever, but I must get my point across.
Plus, you can use a rotisserie chicken for this so they have a level of ease to starve off the huge ingredient list. K?!
Okay, here are all of the delish components:
First, I use a rotisserie chicken. It’s just the easiest. You don’t have to use a rotisserie chicken but you can use any sort of leftover or grilled chicken that you have. I make my BBQ spice rub which includes dried onion, smoked paprika and brown sugar. Then I add in some chipotle chili powder! I sprinkle it all over the chicken and toss it well.
I make a mango pico too! You can make this a day ahead of time or the morning of. Fresh mango, red onion, cilantro, lime juice. Some tomatoes if you have them. It’s GOOD.
I grate sharp cheddar cheese. I also threw together a quick cheddar queso but honestly this is EXTRA and the nachos are still delicious without queso. My toxic trait is that my nachos always need queso. So take that as you will.
I heat the tortilla chips, chipotle BBQ spiced chicken, grated white cheddar and a drizzle of BBQ sauce on a sheet pan in the oven. This is our base layer! I warm this until the cheese is melted and everything is hot.
The hot honey. DO NOT FORGET THE HOT HONEY! I realize it’s a big ask, considering this recipe title is quite obnoxious and these nachos have a ton of ingredients. But I am telling you that when mixed with the chipotle BBQ spice rub AND the BBQ sauce drizzle? The hot honey is everything. It adds so much. Sweetness and heat, which is perfect. I am not telling you to make, though I do have a recipe for that. Buy the Mike’s version and keep it in your pantry. So easy.
Once that is all warm, I top it with the mango pico de gallo. Maybe some extra cilantro. If I want to be even more extra, a sprinkle of cotija cheese which yes means that there are three kinds of cheese on these nachos and I just can’t help it.
Add a spritz of lime and you’re good to go. Oh and I do pickled onions because I always have them in my fridge. And because I wish all my food could be hot pink.
I considered making these nachos piled high in a skillet, but let’s be real. It’s Super Bowl weekend, people are gathering and you just want to get something delicious done in an easy way. A sheet pan is your best bet. It’s the simplest method and also serves the most people at once.
Plus, you can have this stuff prepped ahead of time and then assemble and bake when it’s game time. Because you certainly want to serve these hot and melty and cheesy.
Who can resist a sweet and hot crispy nacho?!
Chicken Sheet Pan Nachos
Hot Honey Chipotle Chicken Nachos
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 ½ cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- ¼ cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot honey
- queso for drizzling, optional
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- fresh lime, for spritzing
- crumbled cotija cheese, optional
- pickled onions, optional
mango pico de gallo
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered or diced
- 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together the sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder and chipotle powder in a large bowl. Add the shredded chicken and toss well until all of the chicken is coated.
- Place your tortilla chips on a baking sheet. I use the whole bag and really spread them out. Sprinkle on half of the cheddar. Top with the chicken. Add the remaining cheddar. Add a drizzle of BBQ sauce. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melty and everything is warm.
- Remove from the oven. Add a drizzle of hot honey all over the nachos. If you want to drizzle on queso, do that too. Sprinkle on the mango pico, some cilantro, cotija cheese if you wish and/or pickled onions. Spritz with lime juice and serve!
mango pico de gallo
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl and stir. Let sit for 30 minutes or so for the flavor to develop.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
One Comment on “Hot Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken Nachos with Mango Pico de Gallo.”
Well, Jessica, we just had these for lunch. They were a great tasting alternative to regular nachos. The hot honey and the mango Pico de Gallo sent the flavor profile to heaven. Thank you.