Three Things I Make & Keep In My Fridge To Elevate Everyday Meals.
Sharing a few little recipe secrets with you today! Hello quick pickled onions.
Last week I did an instagram live sharing these three recipes that I have in my fridge at ALL times. I didn’t really realize how much they *make* our everyday meals until I started cooking every single meal at home, every single day.
I make these three recipes nearly every week and they take mere minutes. It’s my secret to making some REALLY delicious homemade food. They also last for about a week in the fridge. And they are super versatile. Let’s go!
Quick Pickled Onions
I’ve rambled to you about how delicious quick pickled onions are for years. I know, I’m a broken record! I use them on everything from tacos to salads to breakfast to baked potatoes to sandwiches. Seriously, they can go on EVERYTHING! If you need more guidance with a recipe like this, think about recipes that call for raw red onion to be IN the recipe (and not sautéed or cooked) – you usually throw some in a salad, in slaw, etc.
You can replace all of those with these quick pickled onions.
How Sweet Eats House Sauce
This is like a kicked up chick fil a sauce and it’s a dream. We love it on burgers or chicken and I even love to dip roasted vegetables right in it. Use it as a drizzle or a dip. If you’re craving fries right now, make a frozen bag of fries and dip them in this. It’s pure comfort food!
I basically built my blog on fancy homemade vinaigrettes! I have never been a huge dressing person, especially when it comes to creamy dressings. So I’ve always been an oil and vinegar girl, mixing up my own delicious concoctions. I’m listing my favorite house dressing in the recipe below, but in the meantime, here are a few of my favorite vinaigrettes. You can find even more in the salad section.
These are such simple tips, but I hope they give you a little inspiration for the week to come! The other great thing is that you can make ALL THREE of these and stick them in your fridge, in a matter of about 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Quick Pickled Onions, House Sauce & Homemade Vinaigrette
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the onions in a jar or cup. In a bowl, whisk together the warm water, sugar and salt until the sugar and salt dissolve. Whisk in the vinegar. Pour over the sliced onions. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour. You can obviously make this ahead of time and once made, store it in the fridge in a sealed container or jar. They last about one week.
- Whisk all ingredients together until creamy and smooth and combined. Serve for dipping or as a drizzle sauce. Stays great in the fridge for a week.
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil. This dressing stays great in the fridge in a sealed container for about a week
Do you have any recipe secrets like these? Spill them below!