Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Turnovers.
These raspberry turnovers are so easy to make! Puff pastry is filled with a vanilla cream cheese mixture, fresh raspberries and chocolate, then baked until flaky and warm. So delicious!
Happy heart day!
Instead of our usual Monday dinner inspo, we’re taking a small holiday hiatus for this lovely little treat. Or breakfast. Or breakfast treat!
Make them for your valentine or let’s be real, just yourself.
The little flaky puffs of love are filled with chocolate and fresh raspberries and cream cheese and they taste like HEAVEN. A perfect treat for breakfast, brunch or dessert – they are sweet and tangy and buttery and flaky and a little pastry delight.
The filling here is SO good.
I should use the word cheesecake lightly. Much like my super old chocolate cheesecake cookies (a major fave!) these are cheesecake-ish. I mean, I’m not putting actual cheesecake inside the pastry. Instead, I whip together some cream cheese and a touch of sugar and vanilla for a cheesecake-like filling. It tastes very much like cheesecake in the most wonderful way possible.
As long as you can get your hands on some puff pastry, fresh raspberries and a few chocolate squares, you are SET! Puff pastry is my love language in the kitchen. It’s just SO easy and it produces fabulous results that everyone loves!
P.S. you could also use a strawberry or blueberry or even blackberry in this!
This is how these babes come together:
Grab a few sheets of puff pastry. My favorite is by the brand wewalka, I get it at my local grocery store. It’s my go to ingredient for practically every single meal! I cut my pastry into squares that I can fold over into triangles.
For the filling, I use fresh raspberries (you can also use thawed from frozen), a piece of chocolate and my cheesecake mixture. A sweet vanilla cream cheese that is just delicious.
I add a dollop of the cream cheese, a piece of chocolate and a few raspberries on top. Fold over into a triangle, seal the edges with an egg wash and bake!
For a topping, I love to use a vanilla glaze here that is super simple. That way it doesn’t take away from the turnover itself. I also sprinkle on a little powdered sugar!
Look at those flaky layers! It’s almost like a croissant turnover.
Much like anything you make with puff pastry, these are best when served soon after making. However, you can reheat them too and I’d say they are ALMOST as good. You lose a bit of the flakey crisp pastry bite, but not much.
These are such a light and lovely little treat!
Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Turnovers
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl. Add in the sugar and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixture until combined and creamy.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 8 pieces. In the center, add a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture, add on a square of chocolate. Add 2 or 3 fresh raspberries. Brush the edges with the egg wash. Fold one corner to meet the other (so you have a triangle) and press the edges together with a fork to seal them. Repeat with remaining squares.
- Brush the triangles with the egg wash. Place the sheet in the oven and bake the triangles for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with the vanilla glaze and sprinkles with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
- Whisk together the ingredients until smooth. If the mixture is still too thick, whisk in more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.
And just look inside!