Pistachio Crusted Salmon with Shaved Asparagus Salad.
This pistachio crusted salmon is such an incredible dinner! Buttery, flaky fish with a flavorful, crunchy topping served alongside a shaved asparagus salad with parmesan. The perfect spring combo!
A new spring dinner is on the table for you!
This pistachio crusted salmon is a fun and unique way to serve your favorite fish. It’s buttery and flakey and crunchy on top. Plus it’s paired with my new favorite spring salad that has already become a staple in this kitchen.
I love a meal like this. Filling and full of flavor.
If you’re observing lent and looking for a new twist on the salmon you make each week, I highly suggest giving this recipe a go. It roasts quickly and is incredibly good.
I love changing up our salmon recipes! I’ll spare you my rambling rants about how Eddie didn’t love salmon so I would mostly make it for myself… BUT! The excellent news in this house is that he is back on the salmon train. So I can make it in many delicious ways for everyone to enjoy.
This recipe makes me particularly happy. I’m crazy about pistachios. I cover the salmon in a blanket of yogurt sauce with fresh herbs and lemon. This alone adds a lot of flavor and is absolutely delish.
I top it with crushed pistachios for crunchy and more savory, buttery flavor. Oh my heavens.
One forkful reveals how soft and buttery the fish is while the top remains crisp and full of fantastic texture. Exactly the kind of dish I adore.
This is one of those meals that is so good, I find myself taking bites off the pan as I’m getting it ready for everyone.
Now to serve it…
Let’s talk about this asparagus salad. I’ve made shaved asparagus salads before. Something about this super simple one is just absolutely delicious. I swear that as these asparagus strands sit in the dressing, they marinate to the point where they almost get noodle-like. The texture is INCREDIBLE.
I love a simple arugula salad and that’s where I got the inspiration for this asparagus version. It’s so easy. Shaved asparagus, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, lots of salt, pepper and parmesan. Just a few ingredients, but it’s refreshing, bright and just what we need to bring in this spring season.
P.S. Is anyone else absolutely thrilled that we get to turn the clocks ahead this weekend and gain more sunlight?! YES PLEASE.
This combination makes for a wonderful meal. It’s crunchy and satisfying. It tastes incredible. It’s a meal that can carry you all the way through summer. Add an extra side if you want to beef it up a bit. Turn it into more of a salad if you wish. The options are endless!
Pistachio Crusted Salmon with shaved Asparagus
Pistachio Crusted Salmon with Shaved Asparagus Salad
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Season the salmon all over with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayo, chives, lemon zest and dill. Spread it on top of the salmon filets. Top with the crushed pistachios. Roast the salmon for 12 to 15 minutes, until it flakes easily with a fork.
- While the salmon roasts, make the asparagus salad.
- To shave the asparagus spears, take a vegetable peeler and run it back and forth on the sides of the asparagusI shave off as much as I can and leave the tops whole, adding it all to a large bowl. I find that moving the peeler back and forth as opposed to peeling just forward works great. Place the asparagus in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, grated garlic, salt and pepper. Pour it over the asparagus and toss well multiple times. Add in the shaved parmesan and toss. Taste and season more with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the salmon with the shaved asparagus on the side. Enjoy!
Serious flavor city.