Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs with Crushed Potato Chips.
These pimento cheese deviled eggs are made with a rich pimento cheese filling, topped with sliced scallions, pimentos and crushed potato chips for extra crunch and flavor!
Hello hello, it’s time for fancy deviled eggs!
These deviled eggs are made with a classic-ish filling and one secret ingredient: pimento cheese! Plus topped with some crushed potato chips for the best flavor ever.
I live for a fancy deviled egg!
Don’t get me wrong – I do love the traditional version. But as usual, I really love ones with a modern twist!
So. I’m purposely sharing these after Easter… that way you can have them in time for the Kentucky Derby weekend! Plus, I wanted to mix up two derby favorites: pimento cheese + deviled eggs are a match made in heaven.
Now here’s why I love this recipe.
My pimento cheese is absolutely delicious and makes a big portion. Whether you’re making it from scratch OR buying it from somewhere, you will most likely have a few spoonfuls left. Or a few spoonfuls to spare before serving.
This is the perfect way to spruce up regular old deviled eggs! Add a little zing and flavor.
Plus, we’re going to top them with some scallions, a few pimentos and most importantly, crushed potato chips.
Crispy, salty potato chips for some extra crunch and a touch of flavor. I love them as a garnish. What can I say!?
I have a deviled egg hack when it comes to the filling these. Since all pimento cheese varieties are slightly different in texture, you may run into some issues with how thick the filling can get. I suggest using some of the juice from the jar of diced pimentos to keep the filling super smooth and creamy.
This is something you’ll have to judge by eye and feel of the spoon in the deviled egg filling. But it works like a charm!
These are so super fun! They are unique enough without being WEIRD, you know? Like my family members who think I make too many nontraditional things? They eat these because they are just as good as the classic.
And they’re extra special!
Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs
Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup pimento cheese homemade or store bought
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly snipped chives
- diced pimentos for garnish (the ones packed in water
- a drop of water from the jar of pimento peppers
- sliced green onions for topping
- crushed potato chips for topping
- fresh herbs, like dill and chives, for topping
- As a note: if you’re making your own pimento cheese, you can reserve just a few pimentos from the jar to garnish the top of the eggs.
- To boil the perfect egg, place the eggs in a large pot and fill it with cold water. Bring it to a boil and let bubble for 1 minute, then turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let the pot sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, place the pot in the sink and fill it with cold water to cool the eggs down immediately. You want the eggs to sit in cold water for 30 minutes or so, so you will need to dump the water and refill with cold water a few times. You can add some ice cubes too!
- After 30 minutes, peel the eggs and place them on a paper towel. Slice them in half and gently remove the yolks.
- Place the egg yolks, pimento cheese, mayo, mustard, garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy and mousse-like. If the mixture is too thick, you can drizzle in a drop of juice from the jar of diced pimentos. Stir in the chives. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if necessary. Scoop out the mixture and spoon it (or pipe it with a pastry bag) into the open egg whites.
- Top with diced pimentos, sliced green onions, fresh herbs and crushed potato chips. Serve!
Loaded with flavor!!