Crispy Broccoli Cheese Tortilla Pizzas.
These broccoli cheese tortilla pizzas are an easy favorite over here! These are perfect when you have leftover roasted broccoli or just a busy weeknight when you need to make something fast. They are crispy, cheesy and so delicious!
Surefire way to fall in love with broccoli: put it on your pizza!!
Especially super crispy, personal pan-ish tortilla pizzas that are loaded with melty cheddar. Had I eaten broccoli this way as a kid, maybe I would have loved it. These tortillas turn golden and crispy in the oven and they’re topped with tiny broccoli florets and loads of freshly grated sharp cheddar.
Also – these only take about FIVE ingredients. Yes, five. Seriously these couldn’t be easier. They are the new easy comfort food that you need in your life.
This is one of those meals (or snacks!) to make when you have no idea what to eat. When you have lots of leftover roasted broccoli from dinner or when you’re trying to save broccoli from dying in the crisper drawer. Or when you’re trying to get ANYONE to enjoy broccoli.
Tortilla pizzas are the easiest, quickest meal while being satisfying at the same time. The tortilla gets incredibly CRUNCHY and crisp – and it’s perfect because it’s naturally so thin. I love thin crust pizza! Cracker-like crust? Sign me up.
Remember earlier in the year when I made these quick tortilla pizzas with pepperoni chickpeas? I can’t even express how much we LOVE those. They are so quick, easy and flavorful.
That’s where my inspo came for these broccoli cheddar tortilla pizzas. I actually tested a few broccoli cheddar sheet pan pizzas at the beginning of this year, but nothing blew me away. They just didn’t WOW me like other recipes.
Now broccoli cheddar on TORTILLA pizza? Oh heck yes. This is even better than I thought it could be!
And it only takes MINUTES to make.
The first step is tossing the broccoli in a hot skillet for a few minutes. This helps soften it – kind of gives it a little head start since we aren’t roasting it very long on top of the pizza. You know?
Then it’s easy as can be from there. Spray the tortillas with olive oil spray (this is my fave spray), top with freshly grated sharp cheddar, the broccoli florets and a sprinkle of parmesan. Bake until golden and crispy and cheesy!! It’s that simple.
I also like a few pinches of crushed red pepper on top – I find that this elevates the otherwise incredibly easy recipe. But they aren’t necessary and I never add them for the kids.
Now here’s the one thing – because the tortilla is so thin, you can’t exactly load up a TON of toppings. You can still add a substantial amount, but just don’t go crazy, otherwise the pizza will be too center heavy. And nothing will get as crispy and delicious. So make sure it’s all evenly distributed.
That’s IT. It’s so easy. The kids love these. They are like tiny broccoli cheese flatbreads that they can make themselves.
A huge hit every time!
Broccoli Cheese Tortilla Pizzas
Broccoli Cheese Tortilla Pizzas
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the broccoli with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the broccoli softens a bit and turns bright green, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray. I find this helps the bottom of the tortilla crisp up.
- Place the tortillas on the baking sheet. Spray them lightly with the olive oil spray. Divide the cheddar evenly between both tortillas. Top the tortillas with the broccoli. Add the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake the tortillas for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with more parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes if you’d like. Slice and serve!
That golden crust though!