1. I could not be more obsessed with the whole barbiecore trend. I will wear everything barbie pink for the rest of my life, thank you very much.
2. Last week I went through a phase of burning everything. I burned something in my cast iron, then put it on a pot holder, which burnt through the pot holder. Then I burned toast. Then I burned rice in a pot for the first time ever!
3. Thoughts on the new Taylor Swift album? I really like it, which surprises me because I always prefer something more upbeat and pop-ish (didn’t love her last album, but still listen to lover and 1989 on repeat). Emilia LOVES the music so we listen quite a bit!
4. How do you define success?!
5. My mom has basically made friends with spider. It’s a rather large spider on the outside of her kitchen window (thank god?!) and it’s been there for WEEKS. I.am.freaked.out.
6. While we’re on the topic of things freaking me out… I might have mentioned this before, but for some reason kids loosing teeth grosses me out. By kids, I mean Max, and by loosing teeth, I mean that I get squeamish when he has a wiggly tooth. It’s almost like I have a phobia!
7. TV things!! I started From Scratch and had to stop at episode six. I probably should have stopped earlier. Way too sad, triggering and emotional for me right now. I am a baby and cannot watch anything like that at this season in my life. The acting and storyline was great though.
8. 7 holiday prep tasks to do right now! Makes life so much easier.
9. My gift guides are coming next week!! I usually post one per day for six days or so. Do you like that method or would you rather me post them alllll at once, on one day?
10. Also, this is the time of year when I get all of my kitchen tree ornaments! Every year you guys ask about my italian cookie ornaments and they are in stock here. This is the first tree I put up every year.
13 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
What a great post–thank you! I love your gift guides and like one a day rather than all in one post which for me is overwhelming.
Losing teeth is very normal. As a Dental Hygienist, I encourage my pediatric patients to wiggle their loose teeth. I give them tiny boxes to put under their pillows for the tooth fairy. I don’t necessarily think all the lost teeth should be kept, but the process of losing teeth should not be shameful or disgusting. Body positivity is everything!
i would never shame him or let him know i am squeamish about it. i am just personally squeamish about it in my head.
I’m the same with the loose teeth!! I couldn’t look at them. My kids of course loved to show me then. Wiggling them all around, eek!
Love the gift guides, I have always used them. One a day please!
Is the Series you were watching “From Scratch” or “Made From Scratch” because “From Scratch” is fiction and “Made From Scratch” is a documentary with music artists recounting their family meals. I was wondering why the latter would make you sad. Hahaha :)
Taylor Swift – the lyrics are dark. I had the song Anti Hero stuck in my head – “Hello it’s me I’m the problem” – Yes catchy music, but the lyrics are not great -especially for the younger group. There’s also more swearing and adult content IMO
the teeth are so disgusting. my daughter’s got a loose one and i might have to deal with it with my husband out of town and i CANNOT handle it.
love the new tswift cd, but with all the language/topics, its a little hard to have on with the littles in the room.
Wiggly teeth don’t bother me, but looking at the empty socket afterward makes me feel really squeamish. Who knew teeth would be such a trigger :)
one gift guide per day sounds great! I enjoy the holiday season but am not mentally energized enough at the moment to be getting the stuff out for it!
I like the one per day, gives me something to look forward to every day in between work breaks!
It’s so refreshing to hear other people are freaked out by kids losing teeth. I thought it was just me! Making me squeamish just thinking about it. *shudder* I’ve already told my husband that it’s all him when our kids start losing their baby teeth. I’m out!
I loveeee your kitchen tree! BUT the real and most important question is.. out of all the food ornaments you own, what´s your favorite favorite?! :))
I started watching From Scratch and am now dying to know what is so triggering! My mind is spiraling with ideas.