Chai Pear Crisp.
This chai pear crisp is a lovely fall dessert! Syrupy, tender pears full of chai flavor, topped with a crispy, crunchy oat sprinkle and served with melty vanilla ice cream. Extra spice on top please!
Let’s throw some ice cream on our chai pears and call it a day!
This is theeeee fall dessert for me right now. Tender chunks of pears with tons of chai spice, the crispy topping I adore and all that vanilla ice cream. The perfect bite!
I love anything with chai spices. I actually love food and desserts with chai spice more than I enjoy something like a chai tea latte. Crazy, right?
Anyway, I find myself adding these chai spices to just about anything I can. Like these pumpkin cookies I made earlier in the year! They are super delicious.
Pears are such an underrated fruit. We all love apple and pumpkins in the fall and winter, but hello, what about pears! They are so delicious and crisp and juicy and perfect. While I have a million other dessert options for Thanksgiving that include pumpkin and chocolate and apple, I think a pear treat would be perfect this year.
It’s unexpected, it’s light yet cozy and warming and delicious.
This is basically pear pie without the crust. Remember when I made these pear mug pies? I love them! However… I love a crisp topping even more than flakey crust.
This chai pear crisp is a way to make a big dish of tender, spiced pears topped with the crunchiest crisp ever.
And also topped with vanilla bean ice cream. Who can resist?
A crisp is ridiculously easy to make.
I mix my pears with the chai spice, some sugar and salt and let it chill for a bit.
While the pears hang out, I make the crisp topping. It’s simple: flour, oats, brown sugar, more chai spice and butter.
The oat mixture gets sprinkled over the pears, then baked until soft and syrupy pears are bubbling with a golden crunchy topping – just begging for ice cream.
Scoop on that ice cream, maybe another sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg and serve.
Oh my gosh. How I love this!
The vanilla ice cream melts into creamy rivers that flow through the bubbling pear syrup and crispy oat bites. The texture is incredible and the flavor is even better. It’s the idea fall dessert: so spiced and cozy, making you feel extra warm and loved!
P.S. I find that crisp is also something that can be prepared ahead of time. You can actually bake this fully the day before and then reheat in the oven so it’s hot to serve with your holiday meal. Couldn’t be easier.
Now who is making chai pear crisp this weekend?!
Chai Pear Crisp
Chai Pear Crisp
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 pears, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, stir together the ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and allspice until mixed. This is your chai spice!
- Place the pears in a large bowl. Sprinkle them with sugar and salt. Sprinkle on half of the chai spice you just made. Stir together so everything is combined. Let them sit for 5 or 10 minutes. Sprinkle on the vanilla extract and stir.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, oats, sugar, salt and the remaining chai spice. Stir in the melted butter and mix until everything is moistened and the mixture is combined.
- Place the pears in a baking dish - either a 9 inch pie plate, a 9x9 inch square dish or something similar. Sprinkle all over with the oat mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the crisp is golden and crunchy. If at anytime it gets too dark in color, you can tent with foil.
- Remove and serve with vanilla ice cream!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
I want to swim in that vanilla river!
5 Comments on “Chai Pear Crisp.”
What variety of pear would you recommend?
No matter who uploads, your best friend, your relative, or your beloved, I guess every food post on social media deserves all the love and attention.
My love language is Food
This recipe screams autumn!
Looks very tasty recipe want to try at my home. thank you for recipe. https://www.subwayliveiq.net/
Very good recipe. Thanks for sharing this recipe.