Lemon Chicken Caesar Wraps.
The perfect lunch is here: lemon chicken caesar wraps! These soft tortillas are filled with crispy lemon chicken cutlets, fresh, crunchy romaine lettuce, parmesan and lemon caesar dressing. Delicious, satisfying and fun to make at home!
I’ve got a lunch or dinner that you need to put on your radar.
Say it with me…
Cue all the exclamation points. These are so delicious, so satisfying, so incredibly wonderful for lunch or dinner.
These soft tortillas are filled with the crunchiest lemon chicken cutlets, topped with crisp romaine lettuce, drizzled with my homemade lemon caesar dressing and sprinkled with parmesan.
If you’re a sandwich or a wrap person, you’re about to lose your mind. These are dreamy. They are wonderful when made fresh and served slightly warm or prepped ahead of time for lunch and enjoyed chilled. They taste like they came from your favorite boutique cafe – and they’re worth making the chicken AND the dressing.
That’s right, we’re making crispy lemon chicken cutlets and a lemon caesar dressing. Both are fantastic, and you can add them to the list for salads, sandwiches, pretty much anything.
You can use any kind of chicken for this. In the summer, I’m always a fan of grilled chicken. I also love to use my crispy chicken cutlets, which is what I show you here in the photos and recipe below. I add some lemon zest to the breadcrumbs and slice the chicken as thin as I can. Like, paper thin! Thin chicken cutlets make for the crispiest, best bite and we adore them like this.
So I use breadcrumbs, a bit of parm and the lemon zest. A quick dip in egg, the breadcrumb mixture and then I cook in a pan in olive oil until super golden and crisp. With thin chicken breasts like this, they easily cook in the pan quickly. If I use thicker chicken breasts, I will brown them until golden and stick in an oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or so to ensure they are finished.
Of course, I use our favorite greek yogurt caesar dressing for this. I know I ramble on and on about how delicious this recipe is, but it has been in the rotation over here for over a decade. I make it constantly – almost once a week. It’s easy, simple, can be made in a blender and stored in the fridge for about a week. It’s perfect.
The dressing already calls for lemon juice, so to up the lemon flavor, I add some fresh lemon zest too. Ooooh the lemony zing is so good. I’ve made it a few more times with the lemon zest for caesar salad and I can’t recommend it enough – especially if you’re a crazy lemon fan.
Once the chicken and dressing are made, you need a tortilla or a wrap (I love the lavash wraps, Eddie loves a burrito-sized tortilla), some grated parmesan and a bit of fresh chopped romaine. The crispier the romaine, the better. It adds a refreshing crunch and brings the whole thing together.
I love to use leftover chicken and dressing for salads, or make extra wraps for the next day. We think they are delicious straight from the fridge!
Crunchy, creamy, cheesy and everything you want in a wrap!
Chips or carrots on the side and you’re good to go. YUM.
Lemon Chicken Caesar Wraps
Lemon Chicken Caesar Wraps
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 6 or 8 cutlets
- 1 ½ cups seasoned bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 wraps or large tortillas
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
lemon caesar dressing
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- ½ lemon, juiced
- kosher salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts lengthwise to make thin chicken cutlets. You want THIN slices - ones you can almost see through! I get 3 to 4 thin slices from one chicken breast. Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Place the eggs in a shallow plate or bowl. Stir together the breadcrumbs, lemon zest and parmesan in another plate or bowl.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. I like to heat the oil for a good 5 minutes before adding the chicken. Watch the heat the entire time - if it seems to be too hot, make sure to lower it!
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs, pressing gently so the crumbs adhere.
- Add the chicken 2 to 3 pieces at a time. Cook on each side until deeply golden, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. This should cook the chicken the entire way through, but take the temperature to make sure it is 165 degrees F inside if you’re unsure. Remove each piece of chicken and place it on the paper towel-lined sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- This reheats great! I store mine in foil in the fridge and reheat in the oven or air fryer until warm.
- Now it’s time to build your wrap! Heat the tortilla in the microwave for a few minutes or even the oven for 1 minute. Place a handful of lettuce in the center of the wrap. Top it with a few pieces of chicken. Drizzle on 1 to 2 tablespoons of caesar dressing. Top with parmesan cheese. Fold up the top and the bottom of the tortilla, then roll the sides in tightly to wrap it up.
- Serve with extra dressing for dipping.
lemon caesar dressing
- To make the dressing, add the garlic, yogurt, parmesan, mustard, vinegar, anchovy paste, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a big pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor or blender and blend until pureed. With the processor still on, stream in the olive oil until a creamy dressing forms. (This may make more dressing than needed, but you can store it sealed in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days and stir well before using.)
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
5 Comments on “Lemon Chicken Caesar Wraps.”
Oh wow, these look delicious. I know what’s for dinner tomorrow night!!
Thanks as always for the amazing recipes😊
I always check in on your blog once a week, and particularly enjoy “a week in the life” with your beautiful family. I think your snickers recipe was the first one I made. Made this recipe tonight. I could drink this salad dressing, absolutely amazing. Chicken was fabulous. Thanks so much for posting fabulous recipes week after week.
thank you so much!!!
Made these tonight and they were absolutely delicious! The dressing is heaven and the addition of lemon zest to the breadcrumbs is perfection (I seasoned plain panko breadcrumbs and added the zest)….I doubt I will ever make another Caesar wrap without this dressing! Love your recipes! 😊
So easy to make, me and my partner loved these!! The lemon is subtle, but such a good add. Thank you, you are my recipe idol!!