Fire Roasted White Bean Soup.
This fire roasted white bean soup is so easy and delicious. A base of fire roasted tomatoes in a parmesan broth, filled with creamy white beans, spinach and parmesan cheese. So simple and great for meal prep!
One more soup!!
Just one more. One more soup for you guys this season, because we are thisclose to spring! Not that we can’t eat soup in spring. I eat soup year round. But this specific soup is a cozy, comforting bowl that you’re more than likely to make when it’s cold out. Or rainy!
You know what I mean.
This bowl of creamy fire roasted tomatoes and white beans is studded with spinach and sprinkled with parmesan for the ultimate bite!
This is basically a vegetarian version of my fire roasted chicken tortellini soup – and it’s my favorite one so far. It has SO much flavor. So much satisfying texture. If you’re a huge fan of beans like I am – the buttery bite and the way they are so incredibly filling – then you will LOVE it.
Because it’s also EASY as heck.
You guys have been loving that chicken soup since I first shared it a few weeks ago, and I couldn’t wait to share this veggie version!
This is what we’ve got going on:
Fire roasted tomatoes.
A parmesan rind, to make my fave parmesan broth.
White beans – I like cannellini beans.
A touch of cream.
And a bunch of spinach! Fresh or frozen works.
Just like my chicken tortellini soup, this comes together FAST. It all starts with an onion and some garlic, because let’s be honest – what doesn’t? These major building blocks of flavor are everything. I add some dried herbs too for an extra punch.
I like to stir in some tomato paste. Just a touch, for richness and depth of flavor. Then comes the fire roasted tomatoes and the stock. You can use vegetable or chicken stock. I use whatever I have on hand!
Throw in the parmesan rind. Don’t forget! I store these in the freezer so I always have them on hand.
Once the soup simmers a bit, I stir in some cream, extra parmesan and lots of spinach.
Serve it up with lots of toasted sourdough and crushed red pepper and it.is.heaven.
Perfect for these March days where the sun is trying to peek through!
Fire Roasted White Bean Soup
Fire Roasted Parmesan & White Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (14-ounce can) fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 (14-ounce cans) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 parmesan rind
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, frozen is fine too
- crushed red pepper, for topping
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the onions soften a bit, for 5 minutes or so.
- Stir in the tomato paste, basil, oregano and thyme. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often, until the tomato paste darkens in color.
- Add in the tomatoes, beans, stock and parmesan rind. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Cover for the last 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the cream. Stir in the parmesan cheese and the spinach. Cook for 5 to 10 more minutes, stirring often, as the cheese melts and spinach wilts. Taste and season the soup additionally with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately, topping with extra parmesan and crushed red pepper.
Look at that creamy, dreamy texture.