Grilled Vegetable Panzanella Salad with Basil Vinaigrette.
We adore this grilled vegetable panzanella salad! Toasty, grilled sourdough, charred grilled vegetables all tossed with a fresh basil vinaigrette and crumbled feta cheese. Super delicious and satisfying!
I live for a panzanella salad!
Putting bread in salad was one of the first things that ever got me interested in salad, and let’s be real. Are we even surprised?!
Not at all!!
These toasty sourdough cubes tossed with soft charred grilled vegetables make for the most delicious bowl ever, especially as the weather warms up and we’re all craving wonderful grilled dishes. We can’t get enough of this!
This is a salad that everyone will love.
The grilled vegetables are tender and loaded with so much flavor. The grilled bread is ridiculously crunchy, and while it softens a bit from the dressing, it still adds the most fabulous texture to this salad.
The best thing is how satisfying this is! It can easily be a main dish. I love it for a weekend lunch or dinner, sitting outside and enjoying the sun. It’s light but still filling, which makes all the difference when it’s hot outside and you’re not in the mood to eat something heavy.
For the dressing, I love to use my classic basil vinaigrette for this recipe. It’s such an easy vinaigrette to make – I do so right in my nutri bullet! And it lasts in the fridge for a few days. It’s delicious on just about anything – chicken, steak, all vegetables and bread – and makes everything taste fresh and bright.
It’s the perfect complement to this salad.
Of course, you can use any vegetables you love here. Ones that can be easily grilled are the best. My easy picks are usually peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini and even broccoli or potatoes. We prefer veggies that will soften quickly and turn a bit sweeter when grilled, so I can’t recommend these ones enough.
You can also add in some fresh tomatoes too! I don’t suggest grilling them for this particular salad as they will mostly turn to mush. My classic panzanella (it’s the ultimate summer dish) uses the tomatoes and their juice to make an incredible dressing, and that’s an option too.
I like to toss the vegetables with lots of salt and pepper, a touch of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. This elevates the flavor and really takes the whole salad up a notch.
And this dish is one that is excellent served warm right off the grill or even at room temperature after it sits a bit. It doesn’t have to be the main meal. Perfect to serve with grilled steak or chicken – even salmon.
Dream plate. It’s incredible.
Grilled Vegetable Panzanella Salad
Grilled Vegetable Panzanella Salad
- Preheat the grill to the highest setting.
- Brush or spray the sourdough with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Toss the vegetables together with a big pinch of salt and pepper, the garlic powder, olive oil and vinegar. Spread them on a grill pan.
- Grill the bread for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until toasty and grill marks appear. Grill the vegetables for 10 to 12 minutes, tossing every 3 to 4 minutes. There is no right or wrong here, just grill them to your liking!
- Cut the grilled bread into cubes. In a large bowl, toss the grilled bread cubs and vegetables together. Drizzle on the basil vinaigrette and toss.
- Sprinkle with the feta cheese. Serve with extra dressing!
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Store any extras in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
I like a little veg with my bread salad.