Lemon Butter Pork Chops.
Our whole family loves these lemon butter pork chops! Boneless pork chops seared and baked in a lemon butter sauce, served with your favorite vegetables and grains. Easy and delicious weeknight meal!
Dinner is served!
These lemon butter pork chops are tender and juicy, making them extra delicious, cooked in a lemon butter sauce with tons of fresh herbs. Serve your favorite veggie on the side along with some potatoes, a salad, rice or your favorite grain.
This is a meal that everyone gets super excited about!
And, I mean, can you blame us?
These lemon butter pork chops are inspired by my lemon butter chicken in Everyday Dinners – probably the most made recipe in the entire book! I make the lemon butter chicken multiple times a month. Eddie adores it, the kids love it – it’s a very tender, juicy chicken recipe with, well… lemon. And butter!
It’s simple and wonderful and everything you want dinner to be.
And served with vegetables and rice or potatoes, it is incredibly delicious! Because the buttery lemony sauce makes its way on to every bit of your plate, coating the veggies and whatever else you choose to pair it with.
Let’s talk about how this is also incredibly simple. Like crazy simple!
The pork chops get a good dredge of flour after a shower of salt and pepper. That’s it. No egg or breadcrumbs – just a coating of flour.
Then they get browned and sizzled in the pan until golden. We’re going to pop them in the oven so it’s not imperative that they cook fully here.
Once the pork chops are properly seared, I remove them from the pan and throw in some butter and lemon slices. The butter browns a bit, all the flavor bits in the pan released and the lemons get a little caramely! YES.
Next, the pork chops go back in the skillet. Or the entire thing (pork chops + lemon butter sauce) can be put in a different baking dish. I bake for 10 to 15 minutes, just to finish them off. I like my pork chops to be 155 to 160 degrees F. Taking the internal temp is important so they don’t dry out!
Luckily we have this incredible sauce to help things along. I also suggest grabbing some bread so you can drag it through the remains of the lemon butter sauce and go.to.town.
Ideal easy weeknight meal!
Lemon Butter Pork Chops
Lemon Butter Pork Chops
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. If desired, tenderize the pork chops. My mom swears by this! I place the pork chops between two pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound them or roll them with a rolling pin a few times. You don’t want to make them too thin!
- Season the pork chops all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
- Take each pork chop and dredge it through the flour, making sure it’s completely covered but shaking off any excess. Place it in the pan and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Then flip and cook it for 2 minutes more. Transfer the pork to a plate or an oven-safe baking dish.
- Once the pork is out of the pan, keep the skillet over medium-low heat and add the butter. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the lemon slices and lemon juice. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, flipping the lemons in the pan. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the lemon butter mixture over the pork in the baking dish. Or you can place the pork back in the skillet with the lemon butter.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 150-155 degrees F. This will depend on the thickness of your pork shops! You don't want to overcook them. Remove the dish and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Serve immediately with your favorite side dishes.
- I served the above with roasted asparagus - asparagus tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted for 10 to 15 minutes.
I could swim in that sauce.