Crispy Honey Lemon Salmon Greek Salad.
This salmon greek salad is one of my all-time favorite salads! Crispy lemon salmon, a greens salad packed with sweet peppers, olives, tomatoes, feta and more, all drizzled with a honey lemon vinaigrette. Super delicious!
Now this is my kind of salad!
All these lovely ingredients, piled high before being tossed together, complete with some crispy salmon chunks. YUM.
This crispy honey lemon salmon is served on a bed of greens with sweet peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, pickled onions, kalamata olives and feta cheese. It’s drizzled with a perfect lemon dressing and is so crispy, crunchy and satisfying that sometimes I think I could eat this everyday.
My family cannot get enough of this salmon. I use the recipe for my sticky honey garlic salmon, but add in a ton of fresh lemon zest. This brightens the flavor so much. I love cutting the salmon into chunks. It cooks quickly and perfectly, plus all the edges get super crispy. Adding the honey into the skillet creates a sticky sauce and the whole thing is just FUN to eat.
I end up making salmon like this all the time for the kids – they are more inclined to eat it this way.
And of course, it works in a salad so well. Little chunks all through the salad and so much flavor.
As for the rest of the salad, this is what I love to add:
Butter lettuce or romaine hearts, seasoned with lots of salt and pepper
Sweet peppers, thinly sliced
Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Cucumbers, peeled and chopped
Kalamata olives, or any olives
My pickled onions, because they are incredible in a salad!
Crumbled feta cheese, which finds its way all throughout the greens
Sometimes I keep this a traditional salad. Other times I chop everything into same-sized bits for a chopped salad. There is so much incredible crunch here. It’s easy to make it your own!
This dressing is one of my all time favorites. Shocking, I know.
It’s a honey lemon vinaigrette with an emphasis on dill – very simple and classic, but one that tastes delicious on just about anything. Especially crisp greens! This dressing is so good that I will often eat it on greens alone, maybe with some parmesan cheese. I love how tart and briney it is, with the perfect hint of sweetness. And of course, that dilly flavor that I crave in pickles and more.
Don’t you just want to dive into that bowl?!
Crispy Lemon Salmon Greek Salad
Crispy Honey Lemon Salmon Greek Salad
- Pat the salmon completely dry with paper towels. Cut the salmon into cubes, making sure the pieces are uniform in size. It doesn’t matter if they are big or small - but make sure they are all roughly the same size so they cook in the same amount of time.
- Season the salmon all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Let it heat for a good 5 to 6 minutes so it’s hot. Add the butter and let it melt and sizzle - it will almost instantly brown. This is good!
- Add the salmon in a single layer. Cook on one side until very deep golden brown and seared. Flip each salmon piece. Cook for 1 minute so the salmon gets brown on the other side.
- Whisk together the honey, garlic and water in a bowl. Pour the honey mixture into the skillet. It should bubble and sizzle all around the salmon. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, letting it bubble and thicken and get sticky.
- Make the salad! Season the greens well with lots of salt and pepper. Add in the tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, olives, feta and pickled onions. Add in the salmon. Drizzle on the dressing and serve!
honey lemon dressing
- Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, dijon, honey, lemon zest, dill, garlic and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. Drizzle on the salad. This stays great in the fridge for a few days. Just shake before using
Crave this always.