Crispy Chicken Mediterranean Salad.
This crispy chicken mediterranean salad is such a delicious weeknight meal! Lots of spring greens with tomatoes, cucumbers, pepperoncini and more, the dilly lemon dressing takes it over the top! Huge crowd pleaser!
Crispy chicken forever!
This super crispy chicken is served over greens with a combination of my favorite mediterranean salad ingredients, like tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, red onion, fresh dill and more. It’s salad dinner gold!
Anytime I make a salad for dinner, I compare it to something as good as this.
Making crispy chicken at the start of the week is one of my secrets for the week. First, everyone loves it for dinner. I can serve crispy chicken cutlets with roasted broccoli and orzo or I can use them in a salad.
The leftovers are also SO good – even eaten cold. I use them for my own lunches, whether it be in salads, wraps or even just chopped up with dip. Love.
And I always want to make something nourishing but also comforting at the start of the week, so crispy chicken just fits the bill.
So it’s no surprise that I make a version of this every single week. Crispy chicken strips, some sort of greens, lots of tomatoes, cucumbers, pepperoncini and a tangy, delicious dressing.
We love it, crave it and everyone enjoys it.
Much like my crispy lemon salmon salad I shared a few weeks ago, the ingredients are super customizable and the dressing can be made ahead of time. It’s easy. The super thinly sliced chicken strips are ideal for a salad because they are so bite size.
You can easily make this a chopped salad too.
The dressing is very lemony, tangy and filled with a ton of dill. If you love pickles, fresh dill or anything overly dilly – this is your dressing! It is LOADED with dill flavor. It’s almost like a pickley pepperoncini dressing. I can’t get enough! You know I love a super briney vinaigrette.
And now you know what’s for dinner tonight!
Crispy Chicken Mediterranean Salad
Crispy Chicken Mediterranean Salad
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts lengthwise to make thin chicken cutlets. You want THIN slices - ones you can almost see through! I get 3 to 4 thin slices from one chicken breast. Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Place the eggs in a shallow plate or bowl. Stir together the breadcrumbs and parmesan in another plate or bowl.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. I like to heat the oil for a good 5 minutes before adding the chicken. Watch the heat the entire time - if it seems to be too hot, make sure to lower it!
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs, pressing gently so the crumbs adhere.
- Add the chicken 2 to 3 pieces at a time. Cook on each side until deeply golden, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. This should cook the chicken the entire way through, but take the temperature to make sure it is 165 degrees F inside if you’re unsure. Remove each piece of chicken and place it on the paper towel-lined sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- This reheats great! I store mine in foil in the fridge and reheat in the oven or air fryer until warm.
- Add the greens to a large bowl with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Toss well. Add on the tomatoes, cucumbers, pepperoncini, olives, feta and red onion. Top with the crispy chicken and add the dressing before serving.
- Whisk together the lemon, vinegar, honey, dill, garlic and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. This can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
These crispy bites are everything.