Click here to update your google readers! http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

A few weeks ago while shopping, my mom, our friend Barb, and I came across this punch in one of our favorite stores that we spend waaay too much money in.

This is probably the reason it is one of our favorite stores – it serves cheesecake and booze on Saturday afternoons.  Treats, liquor, and spending money?

I’m in. My middle name is ‘trouble’. And that store owner is brilliant.

We wrestled the owner to the floor for the recipe for the punch. It was the punch! The punch made us do it.

Not really.

She just gave it to us. But I thought it tasted a lot more special that that. It was so refreshing and bubbly. I couldn’t pass it up. I think I had 5 glasses.

It’s a simple combo of orange juice, orange seltzer, champagne, and ginger ale.

IMG_2672

Adding the floating strawberries also gives it an elegant touch.

IMG_2673

See those lovely bubbles?

IMG_2674

IMG_2675

I tend to stay away from anything carbonated. The bubbles normally hurt my throat, chest, nose, and ears. I also really don’t like the taste of soda.

(I call it ‘pop’ here in Pittsburgh, but my hubby always corrects me and tells me it is ‘soda.’ He is also from Pittsburgh. He doesn’t want a hilbilly for a wife.

Too late.)

This punch is just slightly carbonated and is perfect. It is more ‘sparkling’ than it is ‘carbonated.’ I think it is fabulous for parties, family gatherings, holiday brunches, and every single Monday night for the rest of my life.

Who doesn’t need a little kick to forget their Monday?

Champagne Punch

1 bottle of champagne

16 oz ginger ale

8 oz orange seltzer

8 oz orange juice

1 pint strawberries, sliced.

Combine all liquid ingredients in a large punch bowl. Add slice strawberries to float.

This punch can be made in a large or smaller amount. It is incredibly refreshing and fun.

Do you have any special punch recipes you use?

IMG_2676

Please pass along. I’d like some variety in forgetting my Monday’s.

33 Responses to “Holiday Champagne Punch.”

Kelly — December 8, 2009 @ 5:24 pm

oh please, soda sounds hillbilly-ish :)

i had a fav in high school (hence why there’s no alcohol) but i’m sure adding champagne would be delightful. it was sprite & oj, with a frozen block of oj in the middle, as well as scoops of lime sherbet, mmm

allijag — December 8, 2009 @ 5:31 pm

um..YUM! :) THAT SOUNDS DELICIOUS (although I’d probably drink all of it myself and not want to share!)

love the strawberries – lovely finishing touch!

Light Delight with TouTou — December 8, 2009 @ 6:23 pm

Drink night! haha sorry I don’t have any idea of making those punch…hehe, I’ll get blushed whenever I drink! so I kinda avoid it :-D

Caitlin — December 8, 2009 @ 7:07 pm

I am from Pittsburgh too! and a PT and fitness instructor!

Cheryl — December 8, 2009 @ 7:37 pm

I love how you wrote this blog, and I can’t wait to try the punch recipe also!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — December 8, 2009 @ 7:51 pm

Ok so you’re a posting machine.
    your cheeze balls looks amazing. if ONLY i could eat dairy. sigh.

Ok but. I love champagne. In the past 4 yrs I have drank 1 time. About 3 weeks after i gave birth. And it was champagne!

But let’s just say girl back in the day I used to be a HUGE drinker. I worked in nightclubs and could drink anything I wanted all night long. and did. And it was always Moet or Dom. And so needless to say this recipe of yours may just break me of my alcohol-free streak!!!! I LOVE champagne. And with strawberries. And ginger ale (another fave of mine!). I am soooo in. I cannot tell you how INTO this punch I am!

Jessica — December 8, 2009 @ 7:51 pm

I am from MN and we call it pop!! Nothing hillbilly about it :) The punch looks great! I will have to try it. Looks like a good wedding shower punch or something of that sort.

April — December 8, 2009 @ 8:05 pm

My favorite is:

2 cups vodka
    1 can 6oz frozen lemonade
    1 qt cranberry juice
    1.5 qt 7-up

So good but VERY potent :D

Amanda — December 8, 2009 @ 8:09 pm

Nope! No special recipes here. I think your is gonna work just fine for me! ;)

Blessings-
    Amanda

kay (eating machine) — December 8, 2009 @ 8:11 pm

not a punch, but a wonderful holiday boozy drink is simply hot chocolate + peppermint schnapps. bonus -it’s easy to simply add the mint (water bottle in your purse) to the starbucks hot cocoa (“hot chocolate with room please!”) and then holiday shopping is wayyy more fun.

• Jessica — December 8th, 2009 @ 8:13 pm

My aunt used to tell me about that drink growing up. It was one of the reasons I couldn’t wait to be 21!!

Sylvie — December 8, 2009 @ 8:12 pm

I’m a pop girl and I’ll be making this for our party next Saturday night! Thank you.

Tricia — December 8, 2009 @ 8:40 pm

Yum!

Julie @savvyeats — December 8, 2009 @ 9:01 pm

Yum. Seriously, when I move to New York, we have to take turns visiting each other and cook together. While drinking some of this.

VeggieGirl — December 9, 2009 @ 1:55 am

Love the colors! :)

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — December 9, 2009 @ 5:06 am

That sounds fantastic…and so pretty! CHEERS!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — December 9, 2009 @ 6:37 am

Getting shoppers a little buzzed– that’s a great idea for the store owners! I’d probably spend 10 x what I would normally spend after a few glasses of that delicious-looking punch!

I’m a sucker for punches (ha). There’s something so retro about them :-) Makes me feel like I’m on Mad Men, or something!

Gena — December 9, 2009 @ 8:03 am

Awww. What a festive recipe!

Karla — December 9, 2009 @ 8:12 am

Yum! I love the strawberries floating in it! Looks delicious!

I’m asking for cake suggestions on my blog. What’s your favorite cake recipe??

Jocelyn — December 9, 2009 @ 8:19 am

Yummy! That sounds good. I love punch.

Pop here.

Who still calls it soda!? lol

Abbys Vegan Eats — December 9, 2009 @ 8:26 am

I miss seeing “Beer N Pop” stores down here in NC! These southerners call it soda.. how lamo. lol

Caitlin@TheTwentyFifthYEar — December 9, 2009 @ 8:38 am

Oh I am a big fan of this punch! We make a signature drink for all of our parties and one that is very similar to this is mixing champagne, orange-pineapple juice and peach schnapps together. You can also substitute Chambord in there, too, for a different taste.

In the fall we also add peach schnapps to warm apple cider. So. Good.

And! Heck YES I am in favor of the meet-up after this crazy month!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad — December 9, 2009 @ 9:06 am

Hey! I just wanted to tell you that I tried HIIT this morning at the gym! It was intense, to say the least!

Lindsay — December 9, 2009 @ 9:35 am

Wow this sounds really good! I say ‘pop’ too, I’m from Nova Scotia (Canada) but my Bostonian boyfriend always corrects me and makes me call it soda. It’s pop :-D

megan — December 9, 2009 @ 9:38 am

I love punch. I say “pop” too, and I love that you bought giant eagle brand seltzer. I miss giant eagle :(

Anne Marie@New Weigh of Life — December 9, 2009 @ 9:39 am

Looks so pretty!

Biz — December 9, 2009 @ 10:02 am

Love the addition of ginger ale!! I am definitely making this for Christmas Eve! :D

Janna — December 9, 2009 @ 11:09 am

What a lovely recipe. I definitely want to try it! It’s so pretty with the strawberries!

Tracey @ TropicalHappiness — December 9, 2009 @ 12:05 pm

Love that you call it pop! My fam from the Pittsburgh area does too! But I have to agree with your hubby that it is technically soda! LOL!

This recipe looks great… I will have to try it out!

Lisa S. — December 10, 2009 @ 10:37 am

It’s going to be very difficult for me ( teacher’s kid) to type this, but here goes:
    If’n you was a hillbilly – ya’d call hit a big orange.

There – I got it out.

Jordan — December 16, 2009 @ 1:49 pm

Check that out. I just found it and WILL be making it ASAP! MMM punch. swoooon

Erica — March 25, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

I made this last night at a 1920′s themed murder mystery party and it was a huge hit. We went through two batches of punch and a couple people asked me for the recipe. I would definitely make it again.

Gretchen — November 12, 2012 @ 1:17 pm

This sounds so delicious and perfect for our New Year’s party. Another non-alcoholic punch that my Mom makes is one 2 liter of Ginger Ale, one large can of pineapple juice and a block container of any flavored sherbet. Yum!