Let’s face it: sometimes we all need a dessert that only makes two servings.

Sometimes we just can’t handle 12 servings.

Sometimes we eat them all by ourselves. Sometimes we eat them all by ourselves in two hours. Sometimes we eat them all by ourselves in a matter of minutes. Sometimes it’s the best thing ever.

FYI: I have no idea what that is like.

Haven’t you always wished you could make just enough dessert for yourself? Or yourself and one other person?

Or… just yourself?

Me too.

But more often than not, I’ve found it to be a hassle to drag out the mixer, cream the sugar and butter, sift the dry ingredients and all that fun stuff for a measly two cupcakes.

What can I say? I’m lazy.

Well, I was lazy. Until I decided to make these cupcakes for two. This is only my second or third cupcake recipe completely from scratch and completely from my own recipe development, and I am so excited with the result.

It is definitely your typical white cake; fluffy and soft, full of vanilla flavor, and the perfect vehicle for some fluffy white frosting.

And it only takes one bowl! Not creaming, no mixer, no folding… just you, a bowl and a spoon. Try not eating some of that batter. Yeah right.

I think what I love most about these cupcakes is their customizability. Mr. How Sweet and I can have different flavors of frosting or even some different fruit, nuts or chocolate chips added in our cupcakes if we’d like. Meaning that I can make mine fun and fancy and he can keep his plain and boring. Nothin’ new there.

[print_this]

One Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes for Two

serves 2

1 egg white

2 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1 teaspoon vanilla (yes, a full teaspoon – they are super vanilla-y!)

1/4 cup flour

1/4 heaping teaspoon of baking powder

pinch of salt

1 1/2 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.

In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely, then frost as desired. I used some leftover white chocolate frosting.

[/print_this]

I have an inkling that these “easy” cupcakes may be made nightly. Does that defeat the purpose?

708 Responses to “One Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes For Two.”

Alex — April 5, 2014 @ 1:47 am

These were amazing and perfect. I used self rising flour so I didn’t have to add the salt and baking powder. I am going to be making these every night. They are easy and quick to make.

Cindy — April 24, 2014 @ 1:00 pm

Awesome! Had left over amazing frosting from Easter-cream cheese with irish butter. Turned out perfect. A great recipe when you have the itch to bake but don’t need the quantity. Very satisfying.

Bailey — April 30, 2014 @ 11:13 pm

These were so good! I used a whole egg, and still tasted great.

kat — May 30, 2014 @ 12:54 am

These were yummy, will definitely make them again!

sophiaptt1 — May 31, 2014 @ 11:27 pm

so so so so Amazing! i loved it! Yum. i will be making those from now on!

meme — July 6, 2014 @ 8:38 pm

what kind of flour is used?
    Is it okay to use all purpose flour? :-)

meme — July 6, 2014 @ 8:40 pm

is it okay to use all purpose flour?
    will it turn out the same?

Sophia — July 17, 2014 @ 11:44 am

These where great!!! I used buttercream icing on mine, me and my hubby loved it on our date night!

Katlyn — August 18, 2014 @ 7:02 pm

I just made these and they turned out really good. My only problem was I tried to make them chocolate. By not adding as much vanilla and adding cocoa powder however my didn’t really taste like vanilla or chocolate kind of a mixed taste. Really weird.

Krystal — August 29, 2014 @ 5:51 pm

They were really heavy and dense for some reason. You could also really taste the egg, I only used the egg white, not the whole egg.

Dea Trill — October 10, 2014 @ 6:06 pm

I made these 2 cupcakes tonight and have a winner!! When they were baked, I split them in two and cooled them. Then, I put spread some strawberry jam and put them back together and topped with a little butter cream frosting. What’s not to like about this??? YUM!

1 8 9 10

1. Pingback: Test |

2. Pingback: The Return of Bits and Bytes | Gordon Ling

3. Pingback: Bake on Saturday: Vanilla Peach Cupcakes (for Four) | The Wordy Baker

4. Pingback: 2 cupcakes | 3 Polka Dots3 Polka Dots

5. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two | Memoirs of Second Place

6. Pingback: Let’s face it: sometimes we all need a dessert that only makes two servings. » Ceci Labarge

7. Pingback: Vanilla Cupcakes for ONE! - What Katie's Baking

8. Pingback: Cupcakes for Two – Simple and Delicious! | Cake and Art

9. Pingback: Foodie News: 27 Desserts You Can Bake With One Bowl | ASQRD

10. Pingback: 27 Amazingly Easy One-Bowl Desserts | Ro Maldonado

11. Pingback: 27 Amazingly Easy One-Bowl Desserts | シ最愛遲到.!

12. Pingback: 27 Amazingly Easy One-Bowl Desserts | Add your link

13. Pingback: 27 Desserts You Can Bake With One Bowl - Informant Daily

14. Pingback: One Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes for Two | Home Chef de Cuisine

15. Pingback: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly Cry - Sweet Bella Roos

16. Pingback: Watermelon Cupcakes | The Finished Plate

17. Pingback: Out of my comfort zone | writtentessa

18. Pingback: Weekend Links | The Made Thing

19. Pingback: Cocoa Pebbles and Cereal Milk Cupcakes (For Two) | The 'Lush'ious Baker

20. Pingback: FRIDAY FARE: Vanilla Cupcakes for Two « The Seattle Wayfarer

21. Pingback: FRIDAY FARE: Vanilla Cupcakes for Two | The Seattle Wayfarer

22. Pingback: Sweetener Test | food science

23. Pingback: Lebkuchen-Cupcakes mit selbstgemachten Schokoladenblättern

24. Pingback: Split Raspberry Cupcakes For Two | dessertsforsharing

25. Pingback: Healthy and…Not Healthy | Bake & Brew 4000

26. Pingback: cupcakes for two (yeah right) | HoneyBee

27. Pingback: Baking As A Form of Therapy | Yours Beloved

28. Pingback: Crowd-Pleasing Cupcakes: 8 Recipes With Something for Everyone

29. Pingback: A CupCake for One.. | So Now What??

30. Pingback: Easter Basket Cupcakes | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts - Part 1

31. Pingback: Small Batch Vanilla Cupcakes

32. Pingback: 35 Surprisingly Easy One-Bowl Dessert Recipes - DIY & Crafts

33. Pingback: Cravings: Cupcakes for Two (or One!) | Smiling in the City

34. Pingback: Individual Strawberry Shortcake Skillet - Life Made Simple

35. Pingback: wedding cake tasting {small-batch recipes}

36. Pingback: Cupcake Identity Crises | The Awkward Kitchen:

37. Pingback: How to Make Two Cupcakes with Just One Measuring Tool | piping dreams

38. Pingback: Ostercups und Osterkeks