Monday.

Mr. How Sweet made these pancakes yesterday.

Blueberries and dark chocolate. Yes please. Yes please again. He used our tried and true whole wheat pancake recipe.

Not really. He used Bisquick. Do you really think Mr. How Sweet is the kind of guy who would measure out flour and baking powder? If he did, he’d do so in a sleeveless shirt and take down his framed wrestler photos to make sure they weren’t watching him.

He also bought some peanut butter chocolate Fiber One bars this weekend.

I ate one. Do you really think I’d turn down chocolate peanut butter anything?

It was disgusting. It tasted fake. Nothing has ever really tasted fake to me. I think we all can agree that I enjoy my HFCS in moderation. But these bars tasted like garbage. And I am an equal opportunity foodie.

He ate 3 of the BBQ chicken burgers yesterday. But when I asked how they were, he simply replied, “they are good.”

This does not sit well with me, assurance-seeking freak that I am. “Just good? What does that mean? Not great?”

“Well, I’m spoiled. I have a wife who just made me a filet mignon sandwich for dinner last week. They are good.”

Winning! “Really? It sounds like you have a really awesome wife.”

“She’s okay. She’d be even awesom-er if she let me buy that camouflage NASCAR baseball cap I want.”

I watched It’s Complicated again this weekend. Oh, and I also watched Sex and the City 2 three times in 12 hours. You do the math. I have no idea why Mr. How Sweet doesn’t let me have control of the remote.

50 Responses to “Monday.”

Kristina @ spabettie — April 4, 2011 @ 4:34 pm

my Monday musing (speaking of camo…)?

Jason hung a camo-print “Git ‘Er Done” sign on the back of my car rearview mirror. It’s been there for months and I just noticed it.

• Jessica — April 4th, 2011 @ 4:48 pm

LOL!

Kacy — April 4, 2011 @ 4:34 pm

Bahaha. He is spoiled!
    I watched season 6 on E!… when I have it on DVD and could watch it sans terrible edits. I have issues.
    The pancakes look to die. I want them. I like Bisquick.

Mary (A Merry Life) — April 4, 2011 @ 4:39 pm

He is totally spoiled. I hope he knows how good he has it! It was nice of him to make you those delicious looking pancakes.

Now I want to watch Sex In The City. ;)

Ashley — April 4, 2011 @ 4:39 pm

LOL!!!!! love it

Mama Pea — April 4, 2011 @ 4:40 pm

I get similar responses from Pea Daddy. He’ll try something and then say, “They’re up there.” What does that even mean?!

• Jessica — April 4th, 2011 @ 4:48 pm

The only response I like is “OMG! It is the BEST thing you’ve ever made.” When will they learn?

Holly @ The Runny Egg — April 4, 2011 @ 4:42 pm

He does have an amazing wife!

I hate Fiber One bars — they taste awful.

Erica — April 4, 2011 @ 4:47 pm

hahahah….I love when you do posts on Mr. How Sweets. Yes- HFCS products must be delicious- like sweet baby rays….fiber one? No thank you! Those pancakes look delicious

Nicole — April 4, 2011 @ 4:47 pm

“Awesom-er”!
    Epic winning.

My husband was working late on Friday night. The kids and I had chocolate chip pancakes and banana pancakes with peanut butter cream cheese icing and chocolate sauce. For dinner. I truly am mom of the year. Not.

Shanna, Like Banana — April 4, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

If my hubby made me pancakes, I might be his love slave…whoops did I say that aloud?

Heather (Heather's Dish) — April 4, 2011 @ 4:52 pm

Oh my word, I’ll hire mr how sweet as my breakfast maker!

Karis' Kitchen — April 4, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

Those pancakes look great! I too want to watch Sex and the City after reading this post :)

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me — April 4, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

OMG those pancakes look divine. Blueberries are delicious. Dark chocolate is even better. I must eat these. But my fiance doesn’t like either….therefore I would end up eating all of it. But it might be worth it.

Allison — April 4, 2011 @ 5:09 pm

Haha! Love your husband and wife conversations! I also love Bisquik… I have to admit it’s a super guilty pleasure of mine. Reminds me of the waffles and pancakes my parents made for me when I was a kid.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — April 4, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

Hahahaha I needed to smile today. Thank you :)

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — April 4, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

I need those pancakes immediately.

Estela @ Weekly Bite — April 4, 2011 @ 5:17 pm

Yum! Sounds like perfect pancakes to me :)

lindsay — April 4, 2011 @ 5:30 pm

What a lucky guy! You keep control of that remote girl! You earn it!!!

Marisa @ Loser for Life — April 4, 2011 @ 5:39 pm

I watched It’s Complicated this weekend! I know I’m late to the party on that one, but I loved it! Is it wrong that I found Alec Baldwin’s bulging belly hot? I swear I wasn’t drinking…

• Jessica — April 4th, 2011 @ 5:47 pm

I know. There is something oddly hot about him.

Jess — April 4, 2011 @ 5:47 pm

i was complaining that i never get control of the remote when my husband reminded me that we watched 3 marathons of “say yes to the dress’ last weekend. ekkkk, he can now tell me who looks good in what dress and may have a man crush on randy. i’ve created a monster!

• Dishes of Mrs. Fish — April 4th, 2011 @ 6:34 pm

My husband loves SYTD….he got hooked when we were engaged. I was never allowed to mention anything about my dress. Because he’d know exactly what I was talking about. :)

RhodeyGirl — April 4, 2011 @ 6:02 pm

That sounds like one of our conversations, except PB would have said “she’d be awesome-er if she scrubbed the showers every week” hahahah! :)

Pancakes… yummy.

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — April 4, 2011 @ 6:33 pm

Mr. Fish doesn’t care for pancakes, and I’d be elated if he made me pancakes. But that will never happen. A girl can dream right. :)

I get so upset with Mr. Fish about how he feels about our food too. How was it, “okay. It was good.” To me okay is how I feel about Fast Food and good is how I feel about oatmeal and cereal. Sigh, when will he ever learn?

“It’s amazing, I love it. One of the best things you’ve ever made.”

jeannette — April 4, 2011 @ 6:49 pm

please share the secret on how to make your hubby let GO of the remote in the first place. mine loves channel surfing while commercials are on, but by the time he makes it back to said tv channel, we’ve already missed important plot points, so any help would be MUCH appreciated ;)

Corbett — April 4, 2011 @ 7:00 pm

I love you!

Amanda — April 4, 2011 @ 7:17 pm

My husband will be making me those pancakes next weekend. Thanks! And Fiber One? Blah! FiberPlus coconut & caramel- AMAZING!

christa — April 4, 2011 @ 7:18 pm

I think you should make your own Fiber One bar recipe!!!! Challenge!

Maria — April 4, 2011 @ 7:40 pm

Yeah not a big fan of fiber one bars either. Those pancakes look amazing!!! Good job to your hubby :-)

The Teenage Taste — April 4, 2011 @ 7:49 pm

Awww, Mr. How Sweet is so…sweet! ;-) I can’t even blame him for eating 3…they look amazing! :-D

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — April 4, 2011 @ 7:56 pm

It must be a Y chromosome thing! When I feel I have gone above and beyond my husband’s taste buds’ expectations, I have to pull teeth to get a generic “it’s good” out. But I mean, give him Popeye’s chicken and he’s MMMMMMMMMMMMing for weeks. :roll:

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — April 4, 2011 @ 7:59 pm

mmmm pancakes! =) I’m not allowed to have the remote when the hubs is home either. I watch “girly things” and paul watches “important things” like american pickers and holmes inspections… oh ooook mr. haha!

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — April 4, 2011 @ 8:05 pm

Bahaha – he’s spoiled! but at least he knows it!:) Those pancakes sound great though!

Melissa — April 4, 2011 @ 8:15 pm

At least you have someone to sample! I am so needy I need the blog world to validate me! I’m dying for someone to tell me they cooked one of my recipes and liked it . . . guess I need to get more friends to come over & eat my food! :D

Carlee — April 4, 2011 @ 8:21 pm

Awesome pancake combo MR. SWEET!! You are spoiled though!!

I wish people would fix me stuff like you do all day long girl! You are truly a trophy wife!! hehe :)

Hannah — April 4, 2011 @ 8:29 pm

I was completely on your side throughout this post, until you mentioned multiple viewings of the SATC 2 movie. *shudders*

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — April 4, 2011 @ 8:31 pm

We rewatch Its complicated a lot too! Awesome movie. You totally deserve remote privileges. As for those pancakes….ughh…. I WANT THEM

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — April 4, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

It’s okay – yesterday I caught the Husband watching Happy Feet.. and right now he is engrossed with Secret Life of an American Teenager.

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — April 5, 2011 @ 8:37 am

Can Mr. How Sweet teach my future Mr. to make me pancakes?

Amanda — April 5, 2011 @ 9:00 am

Blueberries and chocolate? Yes please!!! LOL at “Winning.” I seriously laugh every time I hear it… :)

Tara Conklin — April 5, 2011 @ 9:18 am

I completely agree about HFCS and the bars.

I stopped eating EVERYTHING boxed, processed, manufactured, modified, light, low-cal, fat free etc last year.

I got so sick of the chemicals and garbage put out by the BIG FOOD corps. I went to all real ingredients – as whole and natural as the sunshine.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I can’t even smell fast food any longer without getting ill.
    The sense tend to clean themselves out when you go back to the “real thing”.

Ironically eating real butter, whole milk, pastries, steak, bread, cream sauces & the like – I LOST 7 lbs in 3 weeks. Not even trying.

Will be making the “real” pancake recipe you listed. Looks delicious.

lisa @smartfoodandfit — April 5, 2011 @ 10:38 am

Those pancakes look amazing.

Your husband is spoiled, LOL. I spoil mine too but it’s even worse in my house hole because I have 3 boys too that I spoil. My friends can’t believe I take the time to make breakfast for the entire family almost every morning (breakfast is huge in my house, and it’s my favorite meal). My friends usually send their kids off to school with pop tarts or worse yet…..peanut butter fiber one bars!LOL.
    Oh, wait until you guys have kids, you’ll be amazed at what you and your husband will watch, just like Chelsea mentioned above, movies like “Happy Feet” or “Shrek”…are all not that bad but pretty bad if your kids aren’t around to watch them! :)

Kim in MD — April 5, 2011 @ 11:11 am

I agree with you totally about the food comments! If I make something amazing, I want to hear everyone talk about how amazing it is…otherwise, what is the point in all that effort? ;-) The pancakes DO look amazing, by the way! :-)

Maranda — April 5, 2011 @ 1:37 pm

I wish I had a wife like his! I’d let her have the remote all the time if I could just have ONE of those burgers!

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) — April 5, 2011 @ 7:46 pm

Blueberries and dark chocolate. Wow. I don’t care if it was a bisquick mix. This sounds (and looks) AMAZING. Will he come show my hubby how to make these?

Miranda — April 6, 2011 @ 9:23 am

Well, the bars may not have been good, but the pancakes look great!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — April 6, 2011 @ 1:02 pm

I do the same things with movies that I love! At the top of my list is You’ve Got Mail. I seriously watch it anytime I see it on TV. I also love The Proposal and any other gooey, predictable romantic comedy :)

Kelly — April 6, 2011 @ 2:44 pm

This made me laugh out loud!

lo — April 7, 2011 @ 1:42 am

The bf and I watched “it’s complicated” twice last weekend and I watched it a third time solo. I want Meryl Streep’s house in the movie! I also watched “sex and the city 2″ a billion times last weekend. I tell ya, HBO has been on its game in April! We also watch “say yes” and “four weddings”…love “four weddings”–those brides are…unique?