Hello Hello!

Happy Memorial Day and all that fun stuff. Thank you so much to those who have served our country… you seriously rock bigtime.

12 fruit salsa recipes I howsweeteats.com

To start off this fabulous summer season, I’m sharing one of my faaaavorite things in the whole wide world. I don’t think it’s any secret that I love fruit salsa. I’m practically shoving it in your face once a week… maybe more? I make boatloads of it and I put it on everything. Literally. It’s like my ketchup or something.

And while we’re having this chat, let’s be honest: fruit salsa is a very clear reminder of my hatred for vegetables. Any time I can sub out a vegetable and throw in a fruit? It’s happening.

12 fruit salsa recipes I howsweeteats.com

Now you should make it happen too. Below are some of my absolutely adored fruit salsa combos. I say “combos” because I truly don’t believe that salsa (whether fruit or veg) can be classified as a recipe. After testing and determining the perfect combo to write the recipe and share, I don’t measure a THING when making these in real life. I chop, chop, chop… taste, taste, taste… season when needed, chop some more, taste some more, and then devour an entire bag of organic blue corn chips. True life.

Aside from being super easy, affordable, convertible and customizable, fruit salsas are one of the best foods to take to a party and can be made in a pinch. So simple to whip up and people go nutzo. So… go nutzo.

Mojito Melon Salsa

Grilled Corn, Peach + Basil Salsa

Blueberry Lime Salsa

Strawberry Avocado Salsa

Blackberry Salsa

Blood Orange Salsa

Pineapple Peach Salsa

Mango Kiwi Salsa

Watermelon Salsa

Plain Ol’ Kiwi Salsa

Strawberry Mango Basil Salsa

Pineapple Kiwi Salsa

12 fruit salsa recipes I howsweeteats.com

I hope your weekend has been fab! I’ll tell you about mine in a little.

30 Responses to “Put Some Fruit In Your Salsa and Eat It.”

Katrina — May 28, 2012 @ 7:16 am

Mmm so much good stuff here. Love it!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — May 28, 2012 @ 7:57 am

I’d say you and I feel similarly about salsa Jess! I’m seriously impressed with all of these combos. Going to check em out now! Happy Memorial Day! :)

Priyanka — May 28, 2012 @ 8:17 am

Happy Memorial Day! Great to know that you had a wonderful weekend.
    Healthy and tempting….Great combo

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — May 28, 2012 @ 9:57 am

Awesome fruit salsa recipes, I love ‘em! Enjoy your Memorial Day!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — May 28, 2012 @ 11:27 am

I know you love your fruity salsas. Me too! I am not a garlic salsa person but I am a fruit salsa person!

Katie — May 28, 2012 @ 11:28 am

I want to dive right in. Happy memorial day to you, too! <3

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — May 28, 2012 @ 1:10 pm

Fruit salsa is wonderful with so many things! I made a mango salsa for some scallops once. It was quite yummy, but I haven’t made it in years. Me thinks I’m going to have to search for that recipe.
    Enjoy your Memorial Day, Jessica!

Felicia — May 28, 2012 @ 1:13 pm

I’m sorry but I just can’t get behind fruit salsas… I want to, because they sound so elegant, but what would you even put it on? Something savory= no… Bread?

Jen at The Three Little Piglets — May 28, 2012 @ 2:13 pm

I love fruit salsa too because you can eat as much as you want without guilt because it’s good for you! If only the same could be said about cupcakes…

B @ Crags and Veggies — May 28, 2012 @ 2:19 pm

Oh wow, the kiwis look so great, must try kiwi salsa soon!

Laura — May 28, 2012 @ 2:58 pm

Thank you! That’s awesome to link up all those fruit salsa recipes. I am a huge fan of it but I am not a fan of adding savoury things to it, like onions and pepper and such.

luv what you do — May 28, 2012 @ 3:27 pm

I served fruit salsa with cinnamon sugar chips yesterday. It is so amazing! I’m excited for leftovers!

what katie's baking — May 28, 2012 @ 9:45 pm

i loveeeeeeee summer recipes. yours especially.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — May 28, 2012 @ 10:09 pm

love love love your salsas with the fruit in int!! the only way that salsa should be!!! I made a black rice salad today with chunks of mango and orange and it was to DIE for!! fruit in dishes in the summer make me so happy!

Twinkle Teacher — May 28, 2012 @ 10:35 pm

Summer goal: make and eat all of these salsas. ;)

Baking Serendipity — May 28, 2012 @ 11:19 pm

I could eat fruit salsa everyday for the rest of summer and be perfectly content. Love this!

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — May 29, 2012 @ 1:14 am

I’ve been on a serious fruit salsa kick lately too! I’ll have to check out some of your versions.

Dawn — May 29, 2012 @ 8:37 am

great to see all of your pictures! what fun people you both are. and what’s the dealio w/ eating all that food and still staying skinny? jealous!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — May 29, 2012 @ 10:29 am

I’ve eaten fruit salsa with a spoon many, many times. I am addicted!! Love it with a giant side of cinnamon sugar pita chips! ALl of the link ups to your fruity salsas make me happpppppppppppppppppy!

Michelle Smith — May 29, 2012 @ 9:25 pm

My favorite salsa is a cranberry one. You make the salsa and then put it over softened cream cheese. I choose to eat it by the spoonful!

Sal — June 15, 2012 @ 10:58 am

I’m looking for a fruit salsa to put on fish tacos for a cooking competition. Would one of these be better than others?

Peggi Fogarty — July 20, 2012 @ 2:43 am

I can’t wait to try these recipes!!! This is my favorite kind of food, plus I love to try new combinations.

Sanne — August 20, 2012 @ 7:24 pm

I’m so glad I found out about your website. The things you show… they look delicious!

Kami Blankenship — April 21, 2013 @ 3:16 pm

Black rice is a deep black color and usually turns deep purple when cooked. Its dark purple color is primarily due to its anthocyanin content, which is higher by weight than that of other colored grains but more limited in the number of different anthocyanin species present.;

See all of the most current content on our blog page

Rhoda — August 12, 2013 @ 5:57 pm

What’s up Dear, are you truly visiting this website on a regular basis, if so then you will definitely get good experience.

1. Pingback: Crockpot Short Rib Tacos with Salted Lime Cabbage and Queso Fresco | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Spicy Melon Salsa | How Sweet It Is