1. I pronounce Wednesday just like that. And I also say qui-noh-ah.

2. In the last week, I’ve broken 3 glasses that I love and my favorite vase. What does this mean? Is my world crumbling? Should I play the lottery?

3. I still can’t get enough of the royal wedding or Kate Middleton. I’m a dreamer and a hopeless romantic. I’m also not a realist, in case you haven’t noticed. I’ve been stalking this site for the last few weeks. I need a life.

4. If you are celebrating Cinco de Mayo tomorrow, may I please suggest this, this, this or these. And those all need washed down with a gigantic slice of this. Who needs fried ice cream?

5. I’m roasting another chicken tonight. And you can’t stop me.

6. My workouts have been awfully boring this week due to my iPod that thinks it knows me and thinks I want to hear Dirty Bit every five minutes. What is on your current playlist?

7. I’m eating my vegetables!

I know there are very important things going on in the world this week, but I figured you’re probably concerned about my greenery intake. I don’t even think edamame is a vegetable. I know nothing.

54 Responses to “Wed.Nes.Day”

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — May 4, 2011 @ 5:16 pm

what a great way to get in some veggies:-)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — May 4, 2011 @ 5:17 pm

OMG that website made my day. And I needed it.

Thanks!

Linda — May 4, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

oh my goodness. I’m eating vegetables everyday for 30 days to create a habit, and I would KILL for those dark chocolate edamame. Screw these cucumbers!

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing — May 4, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

I also pronounce Wednesday in the proper way ;)

Holly @ The Runny Egg — May 4, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

At least the label is green like veggies, that counts, right?

Jen of My Tiny Oven — May 4, 2011 @ 5:39 pm

You are too funny! Thanks for making me laugh during this never ending workday afternoon!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — May 4, 2011 @ 5:42 pm

Do you also pronounce February – Feb-Ru-Ary? :)
    I still want a roasted chicken. Will you please make me one?

Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique — May 4, 2011 @ 5:42 pm

You are always good for an afternoon laugh. Thanks for making the last little bit of work go by a bit faster. :) Enjoy your Wednesday, and your chocolate covered soybeans. :)

heather — May 4, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

#3 all day long! I *heart* that site.

MrsABC1016 — May 4, 2011 @ 5:47 pm

First off, I FINALLY roasted a chicken and it honestly, really was quick (the prep) and easy!! Plus it was super tasty!

Second, I <3 Kate also! (c: And that website had me cracking up! (c:

Love your blog!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• helana — May 5th, 2011 @ 1:04 am

i like your smiley faces (c:

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — May 4, 2011 @ 5:52 pm

I’m just impressed you are eating your vegetables…however, that is a protein heavy veggie! You definitely have some voodoo going on with the broken glasses…watch your back!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas — May 4, 2011 @ 5:55 pm

Wed-nes-day.. that was how I learned how to spell this day!

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — May 4, 2011 @ 6:03 pm

Such a perfect way to eat your veggies!

Kristen @ Chocolate Covered Kristen — May 4, 2011 @ 6:13 pm

You’ll be pleased to know that when they announced the news about Osama I asked my boyfriend if he thought that was the REAL reason Will and Kate cancelled their honeymoon last minute. And oh yeah, edamame are green and green = vegetable.

Katie — May 4, 2011 @ 6:15 pm

Chocolate covered edamame sounds like such a winner of a snack. You probably got it at TJ’s? If so, maybe I’ll have to resort to dipping my own vegetables in chocolate.

Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit — May 4, 2011 @ 6:28 pm

the amount that i laugh out loud at your blog is probably weird considering i’m usually by myself, laughing. you are too cute girl! and i eat copious amounts of edamame as well, vegetable or no vegetable.

Kelly — May 4, 2011 @ 6:31 pm

You’re always so adorable. I have to admit, I didn’t expect to get sucked in by the royal wedding as much as I did. Looks like a fantastic mashup of delicious recipes. :-)

Jenn — May 4, 2011 @ 6:34 pm

You are so funny! Thanks for a great laugh this afternoon! Enjoy the roast chicken!

Lauren — May 4, 2011 @ 6:56 pm

I love Kate Middleton too! I’m so glad I’m not the only stalker out there….
    And where did you get those chocolate edemame? MUST. HAVE. SOME!

• Jessica — May 4th, 2011 @ 7:11 pm

Trader Joe’s!

RhodeyGirl — May 4, 2011 @ 6:56 pm

Sometimes I really feel like I could have written your posts.

• RhodeyGirl — May 4th, 2011 @ 6:56 pm

PS- Do you also sing in harmonies instead of to the exact tune even though it annoys everyone around you? Because I do.

• Jessica — May 4th, 2011 @ 7:11 pm

OMG I LOVE singing in harmony! My husband doesn’t get it at ALL.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 4, 2011 @ 7:04 pm

Um I kind of want to walk around all day in dresses like Kate middleton’s. No shame.

Chrissy — May 4, 2011 @ 7:11 pm

My coworker calls me the wedding Grinch. I despise weddings with a fiery passion. That being said… I totally stalked the royal wedding too! If someone like me loves it… you can definitely love it!

Kat @ Cupcake Kat — May 4, 2011 @ 7:11 pm

Kate is so lovely. I love her smile
    Chocolate covered edamame?! Iwant some NOW

Michelle — May 4, 2011 @ 7:12 pm

Oh. My. God. Chocolate edamame. Want. Must. Have.

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — May 4, 2011 @ 7:12 pm

I swear iPods play the absolute worst song over and over again…like the one song you don’t want to hear!

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — May 4, 2011 @ 7:16 pm

Ooooh, I must get some of that edamame. Maybe I will finally like it if it’s covered in chocolate!

VeggieGirl — May 4, 2011 @ 7:23 pm

You and I have the same take on vegetables – and I love ya for it :D

Low — May 4, 2011 @ 7:30 pm

I pronounce spatula spa-too-la – it’s way more fun :)

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) — May 4, 2011 @ 7:45 pm

Haha thank you for the link to the Kate Middleton site! Hilarious.

Hannah — May 4, 2011 @ 8:18 pm

I started pronouncing foccaccia as “foh-cah-chee-ah” as a tween as a joke, and now I can’t say it any other way. I’ve been prone to wed-nes-day too :)

Kelly — May 4, 2011 @ 9:00 pm

Oh my gosh…that website is awesome!!!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — May 4, 2011 @ 9:14 pm

Are those from TJ’s? I must pick some up the next time I’m there!

Laura — May 4, 2011 @ 9:39 pm

I just stumbled upon your blog looking up cake in a jar and found your s’mores in a jar! Yum! Anyway, your writing makes me laugh…you are gifted in writing…just thought I should let you know!

Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) — May 4, 2011 @ 10:00 pm

I think I need Royal Wedding therapy; it’s insane how much I’m still into it!

Christina — May 4, 2011 @ 10:32 pm

Wait…what!? Where did those edamame come from?? You must tell me!!

I went on a streak once where I was breaking a cup/glass once a week. It was horrible.

Alaina — May 4, 2011 @ 11:55 pm

I love that kate middleton website. Too funny. :-)

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet — May 5, 2011 @ 12:16 am

I love that website! I always wonder if Kate’s ever seen it…

Hey, as long as it’s green, it’s a veggie, right?

I’ve been listening to a lot of Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry. They’re awesome for working out!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — May 5, 2011 @ 7:53 am

OMG that site is hilarious! I’m gonna pass it along to my fiance. He will love it. I am serious!

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — May 5, 2011 @ 8:35 am

Um WHAT?! Chocolate covered Edimame?! My husband would die if he saw this. He literally eats edimame by the handfuls.

Kim in MD — May 5, 2011 @ 9:49 am

Cute post! I am still obsessed with the royal wedding, too! That website is so funny! I just watched Catherine and William kiss at least 50 times in 30 seconds! Thanks for the link!

Amber @ Caleigh's Kitchen — May 5, 2011 @ 10:18 am

Haha… I say Wed. Nes. Day. the same way…no joke…especially when I have to spell it! lol
    And WHERE did you find the chocolate covered edamame? I HEART edamame..but chocolate covered..yes please!

janetha @ meals & moves — May 5, 2011 @ 11:04 am

yay i am so glad you say qwi no ah. me too.

Erin — May 5, 2011 @ 11:41 am

I pronounce quinoa the same way! Hooray I am not alone :-)

Lyndsey — May 5, 2011 @ 3:02 pm

I just fancied letting you know I live on the same island as Kate and Wills, nanenanenahnah! I will happily trade with you though, oh to live in the same country as a Trader Joes!

• Jessica — May 5th, 2011 @ 6:59 pm

That is amazing. Can I come live with you?

• Lyndsey — May 6th, 2011 @ 12:01 pm

Only if you cook for me!

Alexa — May 5, 2011 @ 4:13 pm

Royal Wedding withdrawals, I’m there. I succumbed to watching Will and Kate (the Lifetiime movie) the other day. I’m not proud of it, and it’s not great, but it filled the void for a bit (also: digestives and percy pigs help too).

And I am with you on the iPod missing the mark for a good workout shuffle: I swear mine thinks it’s Christmas.

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — May 5, 2011 @ 5:36 pm

That is the BEST veggies ever!! :)

elle marie — May 6, 2011 @ 3:48 am

I’ve never seen these in Japan… I sure bet they taste superb… I’m the same way with my workouts,, but I download iTunes pod casts d.j mixes and couldn’t ever be without them!

Kristen — May 9, 2011 @ 8:54 pm

i just went to the kate website. Hilarious (and Im still loving the stories toO. I love everything about weddings)