How are you on this fine June day?

Wait… fine June SUMMER day! It’s summer! Break out the tequila and bikinis and tiki torches. Throw a party and invite me! I’ll bring the margarita supplies.

Since it’s summer, I really need you to do two things. Like… today. You really need to do these things today. You will like them. They are summery things.

First, find a cup with a lid. Add some lime juice. Add some sort of adult beverage. Let’s just say… rum. Sweet, sweet rum. The clear kind. Not the spiced kind. It can be flavored… whatever. I like coconut. Add some ice to that cup. Shake it all up. Find another glass. Smash some mint leaves with a muddler. Don’t know what a muddler is? Yeah. That’s a bunch of ridiculousness. In situations like these, certain things come in handy. Like the handle of a screwdriver. Perfect muddling right there. Try it.

So muddle that mint with some sugar. Or maybe a simple syrup or something of the sort. Maybe add some ice to that glass? Just a little. And pour that minty, limey rum liquid over top. Drink. Preferably with a friend. Maybe on a back porch? With the sun streaming in? With a bunch of salty chips and some sort of delicious dip?

Or you could just drink it in your dark living room while watching your DVR-ed episode of The Bachelorette and wearing your sexy triple XL sweatpants. Whatev.

I’m pretty sure I just instructed you to make the biggest mess of a mojito ever, but who cares? You have lime and rum in a drinkable glass. Rim it with sugar. Be happy. It’s finally summer. The season of swimming and fireworks and mosquitoes and grills.

The second thing you have to do is chop some fruit with and pair it creamy avocado, in a SALAD. Sound weird? It’s not. Especially when you drizzle it with lime and honey and a sprinkling of fresh mint. LIKE. It’s really, really delicious. Do you think I’d eat a salad if it wasn’t?

It’s the next best thing to a mojito. AND you can eat it for breakfast. Mojitos usually don’t classify as breakfast unless… well, you know.

Avocado Lime Fruit Salad

makes about 4 generous servings (but depends on the size of your fruit)

3/4 cup fresh blueberries

6 large strawberries, quartered or halved

3 peaches, sliced

2 small avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped

2 small bananas, sliced

juice of 3 limes

1 1/2 tablespoons honey

tiny pinch of salt

a bunch of fresh mint, some chopped and other leaves left whole for garnish

In a large bowl, combine lime juice with honey, salt and a bit of chopped mint leaves. Whisk to combine. Add in strawberries, blueberries and peaches. You can make the salad ahead of time before serving and set it in the fridge at this point. Right before serving, chop bananas and avocado, add to salad, and toss to coat in the lime juice mixture. Garnish with additional fresh mint.

Why can’t all salads be like this??

94 Responses to “Avocado Lime Fruit Salad.”

Skinny Fat Kid — June 21, 2011 @ 1:29 pm

Yum! I love avocados and lime! This would be a great dessert for a BBQ!

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen — June 21, 2011 @ 1:43 pm

I’m never excited about fruit salads…but I want this one (with the avocado, lime and mint) for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

VeggieGirl — June 21, 2011 @ 1:48 pm

I wish I could take your advice but I’m on my last detox day so no mojito for me :( Your salad looks incredible, I believe you can use avacado in almost anything LOL

Katrina — June 21, 2011 @ 2:21 pm

Looove this recipe! I recently posted a similar recipe without the avocado. Bad idea on my part!

Honey @ Honey, What's Cooking — June 21, 2011 @ 2:23 pm

i’ll be making this, bookmarked. i need to get my body back… i’ve gained a few pounds since this stupid winter.

Jennifer @ Jane Deere — June 21, 2011 @ 2:26 pm

Awesome! I can SO do both. Right now!

bergendi — June 21, 2011 @ 3:09 pm

dear avocado lime fruit salad,
    as soon as i’m off work… you’re getting GOT.

Kate — June 21, 2011 @ 4:50 pm

What a great way to squeeze a vegetable in! It looks delicious and the colors…so beautiful!

Ashley — June 21, 2011 @ 5:13 pm

Brilliant idea. Of course avocado is smashing in a fruit salad! File this under the category, “why didn’t I think of that?!” but I’m so glad you’ve thought of it for me.

Ann Claire — June 21, 2011 @ 5:27 pm

Avocado in a fruit salad? You’re are genius!!

Cara — June 21, 2011 @ 5:34 pm

Love the colors, what a pretty salad! It looks absolutely delicious as well :) I can’t wait to try it! I love avocado anything!

Maris(In Good Taste) — June 21, 2011 @ 6:13 pm

Love avocado and have never thought to put it in a fruit salad-til now that is!

Tracy @ Commit To Fit — June 21, 2011 @ 7:05 pm

That my just be my salad of summer :)

Charissa — June 21, 2011 @ 7:40 pm

I love avocados in fruit salads…it just turns an ordinary salad into something magically delicious. I have some ripe on the counter, so now I know what I should do! :)

Erin — June 21, 2011 @ 8:17 pm

This looks delish!

Kelley @ The Culinary Enthusiast — June 21, 2011 @ 9:09 pm

I love the combination of flavors here! Can’t wait to try out this salad this weekend. Thanks!

Amy — June 21, 2011 @ 9:32 pm

Just made this for supper and it was so good! Wasn’t sure if the avocado was going to be good in this, but it was FANTASTIC!! Thanks for another AWESOME recipe!

Patricia — June 21, 2011 @ 9:43 pm

This looks so summery and tasty-perfect for the first official day of summer. I tried the strawberry and avocado combination a few months back, and fell in love with the taste of the two together. Everyone thought I was crazy! Time to add this to my growing to make list!

what katie's baking — June 22, 2011 @ 12:37 am

this is so unique.. love it!

Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidence — June 22, 2011 @ 1:10 pm

Looks so refreshing and delicious!

TheMeatHouse — June 22, 2011 @ 1:33 pm

Wow that is so fresh and summery! Perfect for the solstice :)

Wenderly — June 22, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

THAT is a beautiful party of color & taste in a bowl. *love*

Happy When Not Hungry — June 22, 2011 @ 6:07 pm

Wow this salad looks so fresh and delicious! Love the avocado too!

Ashley — June 22, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

The photos. You’re killing me. They are amazing. The salsa obviously looks perfect too. In that last photo, there is so much clarity with the food on the fork. Even with a tripod, I never feel like my photos are that crisp!

Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama — June 24, 2011 @ 1:36 am

one word: scrumptious!

McKenzi — July 5, 2011 @ 11:06 am

I made this for the 3rd, which was pretty much the same as the 4th. Lots of food, drinks, sun, and the kids lighting off their fireworks for the 4th. Everyone loved the dressing and thought it was spiked. I just did strawberries and blueberries. Can’t wait to make it again! What a refreshing fruit salad!

Vegan Raw Food — September 25, 2011 @ 11:40 am