See this cupcake?

You’re gonna want one. Or seven.

This is what I did on Monday. Then I promptly went home and coughed up a lung.

to warm up: 10 minutes of cardio

15 pushups

20 alternating lunges (no added weight)

15 squats with an overhead dumbbell press

10 squat jumps (no weight)

10 pushups

5 intense minutes on the elliptical

10 pushups

20 alternating side lunges with weight

10 burpees

10 step ups with weight (5 each leg)

15 triceps dips

5 minutes of 30-second treadmill intervals

20 walking lunges with weight

10 pushups

60 second plank

30 crunches

30 second plank

30 reverse crunches

60 second plank

5 minutes of 30-second treadmill intervals

REPEAT 2 MORE TIMES

LAY DOWN AND CRY

127 Responses to “I-Like-Cupcakes Circuit”

Katie — June 29, 2011 @ 11:47 pm

I’d rather have the cupcake than do the workout, but I probably need to reverse my priorities if I want to lose this baby chub.

Christina — June 30, 2011 @ 12:00 am

Hey Jessica, can you explain 5 minutes of 30 second intervals on the treadmill? I’m having a hard time picturing what you mean. Thanks!

• Jessica — June 30th, 2011 @ 6:38 am

30 sec run, 30 sec walk!

• emily W. — July 28th, 2012 @ 8:22 am

Thanks! I just stopped back by the page so I could find this out myself. Hope you’re having a great weekend!

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — June 30, 2011 @ 12:36 am

Jessica!! Good for you!!
    I thought you were going to say that you ended your workout with a cupcake.
    ;-)

Reba — June 30, 2011 @ 1:10 am

Truly, you should be my trainer….all you would have to do is hold those cupcakes in front of me and promise me one (maybe 2)….
    Also having just recovered from the sinus/cold/ear infection/strep thing that still occasionally wakes me up with a hacking cough. My recommendation is tequila, 1 shot every night before bed…if nothing else you sleep!
    Feel better soon.

Joanna (DrizzleofSunshine) — June 30, 2011 @ 1:52 am

Ok I got tired just reading that list! I’d rather stare at the cupcake….or to be fair…frosting cake.

Aine @ Something to Chew Over — June 30, 2011 @ 5:18 am

Looks like a great workout, I love circuits. That cupcake is so colourful!

Kim in MD — June 30, 2011 @ 6:51 am

I don’t know about the workout, but I really want that cupcake this morning! :-)

Amanda — June 30, 2011 @ 8:31 am

If I remove the second digit from your numbers I could attempt this. ;)

• Kelly — July 1st, 2011 @ 9:45 am

lol

Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories — June 30, 2011 @ 8:34 am

So…there never was a cupcake, was there? I feel betrayed. ;)

Kelly — June 30, 2011 @ 9:08 am

LOVE IT!!

Ann — June 30, 2011 @ 9:11 am

What discipline! I understand wanting to lay down and cry – and I hope you feel better soon – but good for you for sticking with it!

Diana — June 30, 2011 @ 9:34 am

ohh so THIS is why you can eat all your delicious recipes and still fit through your front door – I definitely need to give this a try! Particularly the “lay down and cry” ending part – pretty sure that’s not optional.

Liz Selwan — June 30, 2011 @ 10:04 am

You know that sounded pretty do-able.. until I saw how many cardio intervals there are. And you repeated it twice. UGH. I hate cardio. Can I be like you when I’m older?

Jillian S. — June 30, 2011 @ 10:16 am

Love it! I’m totally gonna print this off and do it tomorrow!
    BTDubs: I gave you the Versatile Blogger Award because I absolutely ADORE your site! I’m sure you’ve gotten this before, but I read it religiously every night after the gym and couldn’t think of a better way to spend a few minutes drooling! he he! <3

Alison — June 30, 2011 @ 10:46 am

First – I just want to say I love you because I didn’t think there was anyone on earth who hated veggies as much as me. Second – you lost me at “burpees”!! Those are from the devil. Seriously. Third – You didn’t really lose me at burpees. It sounds pretty much like the bootcamp I do 3 days a week, and I can’t avoid them. They just create instinctive whining…….

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — June 30, 2011 @ 11:02 am

I agree with the other people who said they feel a little betrayed… where’s the cupcake recipe?! ;)

Belinda — June 30, 2011 @ 11:14 am

How exactly do you do the step ups?

P.S. LOVE the recipe! Can’t wait to try it out. I wish the Trader Joes would hurry up and get built over here.

• Jessica — June 30th, 2011 @ 12:15 pm

I use a weight bench, for example step up on the right leg, lift the left knee up, then step back down with the left leg, then right, then repeat.

Brittnee — June 30, 2011 @ 11:37 am

Soo I didn’t know what a burpee was. I just looked it up online… Why would anyone create such a thing? It looks insanely hard!

By the way, your food is good. :)

Ivy — June 30, 2011 @ 11:43 am

No wonder you can eat all that delicious stuff, that is a hard core workout for someone who is sick. You lost me at the burpees. But, I love your stamina. Keep up the good work.

Skinny Fat Kid — June 30, 2011 @ 11:54 am

I haven’t been to the gym in weeks! Shhhh! Don’t tell. You are motivating me. Perhaps tomorrow is the day to get back into it!

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss — June 30, 2011 @ 12:25 pm

that looks so goshdarn good. I’m for sure trying this interval workout today.. I’ve been needing a good changeup!

Dana@TheSundaySweet — June 30, 2011 @ 12:56 pm

How about you come out to Cali for a vacay and train me for a week. Oh, and we can bake together. Deal?

Gina (Yogattude) — June 30, 2011 @ 1:15 pm

So how did you feel on Tuesday!!?? After a workout like that, I don’t think I’d be able to lift myself out of bed!

Leslie — June 30, 2011 @ 2:47 pm

Oooh I am trying this circuit tomorrow, mind if I reference your workout on my blog tomorrow if I survive it?

Laura — June 30, 2011 @ 3:00 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting another workout! This type of post is what got me started reading the blog in the first place. I would love to see more along these lines!

Kacy — June 30, 2011 @ 3:38 pm

Thank you for this. I NEED it!

Christine — June 30, 2011 @ 6:59 pm

Love this! Thank you! Thank you Thank you! Trying this tomorrow!

teresa — June 30, 2011 @ 7:52 pm

OMG on that cupcake!
    OMG on that workout!
    Printing that workout!
    You are so FABULOUS Jessica!
    Hugs from Bainbridge!
    xo

Carly — June 30, 2011 @ 8:04 pm

You did the WHOLE thing 3 times??? How long did that take?!

Esther — July 1, 2011 @ 1:48 am

i didn’t even make it through that list…and that’s just reading it. i got overwhelmed and had to quit. you are SUPERWOMAN!

Kelly — July 1, 2011 @ 9:45 am

I want your motivation. Not that I haven’t worked out in a long time, and am generally dumb in that area but what the heck is a burpee?

ami — July 1, 2011 @ 2:51 pm

i just finished this workout and man was it intense. then i had some strawberry cake

Aisha — July 2, 2011 @ 12:08 pm

Wow, you lost me at warm up!
    Your blog is doing me some damage but I can’t get away. It’s SOOOOO good! I guess I should give the circuit list another try…day… another day lol! Today I’ll divulge in those cupcakes =)

Brittny — July 5, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

I did this workout last week and it was so intense! I loved it! I’m always looking for new workouts and was so excited to see this. Thanks!

Jenna — July 8, 2011 @ 4:29 pm

I just went to the gym over work and did this circuit (one time through and it was awesome). Then, when I got back to work, there were cupcakes…I think it was a sign.

Dana — July 13, 2011 @ 7:04 am

This workout was AWESOME! Thanks so much for sharing..I wanted to lay down and cry and more after completing it. If you have any more, please share! I love circuits and your recipes :)

• Jessica — July 13th, 2011 @ 7:11 am

Dana – there are more workouts linked on my About page. ;)

• Dana — July 13th, 2011 @ 8:44 am

Thank you! You Rock :) This is gong to help me so much. I just started getting back into the workout swing a week or so ago, and this will motivate me even more.

Stacy — July 31, 2011 @ 11:34 am

Oh my! I laid down and cried after reading that.

Claire Challenger — August 13, 2011 @ 12:14 pm

I think you need a my-butt-loathes-me-for-eating-

please!

Claire Challenger — August 13, 2011 @ 12:15 pm

my comment didn’t totally work but for eating something absolutely delicious

am-sandy — September 29, 2011 @ 7:20 am

Awesome workout… is this crossfit? I am doing the 100 day burpee challenge (today is day 44) and am going to try out your croissants next weekend when my son comes home for his first break from college and my daughter turns 16. Love the blog :)

• Jessica — September 29th, 2011 @ 7:29 am

hmmm nope, I’ve never done crossfit!

Katie @ ohshineon.wordpress.com/ — September 29, 2011 @ 4:02 pm

over achiever. just kidding, but seriously, mad props on the motivation. i’ve been looking for different things to do at the gym… perhaps i’ll do one circuit in addition to my regular shenanigans. not sure if i can handle all the insanity. i get distracted easily.

- Katie at ohshineon.wordpress.com/

Michele — October 4, 2011 @ 8:20 pm

hi there.
    i did half of this circuit and almost died.
    i think i need a cupcake.
    will you provide ? i can’t really get up from this yoga mat soaked with tears. and sweat.
    thanks, you’re a doll.

<3 i love your blog, no joke. i check it every morning in hopes for new recipes & i went through almost all of your crumbs posts and and and. yeah. you're funny ^______^ <3
    thank you for sharing your gloriously delicious sinfully amazing food. i get full just looking at it all @__@

Laura — October 8, 2011 @ 6:08 pm

About how long did this one take you??
    I’m trying to plan it for a pre-work gym time :s

Ana — January 1, 2012 @ 11:46 pm

how do you find the strength to do all that :O I mean ..if you repeat this circuit 2 times it’s like 80 push-ups , 80 lunges , 40 side lunges .. I’m really impressed by your willpower :O do you run :) ?

1. Pingback: raw cheesecake bites |

2. Pingback: WIA{Hump Day} « The Healthy Verdict

3. Pingback: brand spankin’ new!

4. Pingback: brand spankin’ new!

5. Pingback: Work It Out « The Bookworm Wife

6. Pingback: half moons « spill the beans

7. Pingback: Strawberry & Cream Cheese Layered French Toast « OhShineOn

8. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Banana Cheesecake Cupcakes With Sugar Cone Crusts « OhShineOn

9. Pingback: Tuesday Things on a Wednesday. | How Sweet It Is