1. I got so used to sleeping in a giant king sized bed all by myself last week, that when I woke up yesterday morning as Mr. How Sweet was hovering over me for a goodbye kiss, I absolutely freaked out and thought that some creepy man was in my hotel room. I was shaking for about 35 minutes after that.

2. Our hotel lobby had a different fruit infused waters everyday. This strawberry mint was my favorite. You have no idea how tempted I was to take my Smart Water liter and refill it with that. Can I get any more tacky?!

3. After my boiling wax/blister fiasco last week, things were starting to heal nicely. Until I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday and slammed my blistered hand in the bathroom door. That was awesome.

4. After eating everything and anything over the last 6 days, yesterday I did the cupcake circuit and wanted to die. I’m limping like no other today.

5. It is my main goal in life to convince Adrianna to start a fashion blog. I need her to come live with me. I love this girl.

6. Bella is getting huge. I wish the world was made up of babies and puppies.

7. I went on a major Pinterest binge today. 2 hours of my life… gone forever.

8. I am so in love with the seasons changing I can hardly stand it.

56 Responses to “Tuesday Things on a Wednesday.”

Katie — September 28, 2011 @ 4:06 pm

Get me that water! I need it. I would have covered for you while you filled your bottle up.

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — September 28, 2011 @ 4:06 pm

I want to live in a place where fruit-infused water is available to me at all times.

That’s all.

Bianca @ south bay rants n raves — September 28, 2011 @ 4:07 pm

Pinterest really doesn’t do it for me but I have gone Tumblr happy though. Bella is still super cute. You weren’t being tacky w/ filling the water bottle. Tacky is bringing your own veggie tray to a restaurant. I’ve seen it firsthand. I do miss the leaves changing color. That’s the one thing I don’t like about Cali, no change in season.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — September 28, 2011 @ 4:08 pm

I remember seeing that fruit infused water on one of your IG pics and was like I need that. Always! In my house!

And so sorry about your hand. Yikes. Nothing like hand injuries to take forever to heal and just about the time you heal them up, something else happens. I am the queen of that too.

Ivy — September 28, 2011 @ 4:09 pm

you only lost two hours to pinterest, i lost a whole weekend, did stop to eat and sleep!

Shari @ The Daily Dish — September 28, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

I love the combination of strawberry + mint. Never thought to put it in water, but I did turn it into popsicles once, and they were ah-mazing!

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet — September 28, 2011 @ 4:14 pm

Aw Bella! What happened to the little puppy?

I am in love with Pinterest. Whenever I see something cute or cool on the internet, I immediately press “Pin It”!

Cait's Plate — September 28, 2011 @ 4:16 pm

We have literally not had a SINGLE leaf change!! I’m so jealous! But yes – when they do, it’s one of the most breathtaking, amazing things. I LOVE New England in the Fall!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — September 28, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

Oh mygosh that water!!! Looks so good! Have you ever tries basil infused with lemon and strawberry?! Amazing!!! Xoxo

Lindsay, HHC — September 28, 2011 @ 4:23 pm

I love infused water! We stayed at the Kimpton Hotel in DC and they had different ones everyday (as well as a wonderful wine hour)

Carissa — September 28, 2011 @ 4:26 pm

Pinterest seriously eats time faster than anything else. But it’s so fun and addicting that I have no desire to give it up!

• Nichole Livengood — September 29th, 2011 @ 7:32 am

I love Pinterest too! It’s my relaxing activity after writing and researching all day!
      Come follow me on pinterest and message me there so I can follow you!

Jen — September 28, 2011 @ 4:28 pm

Oh my god, I know how you feel about babies and puppies. My kitten is getting bigger (meaning, he’s turning into an actual cat) and it’s making me sad. Puppies and kittens should be separate species from dogs and cats. I want my snuggly baby to stay mini forever. Bella is still beautiful though! She’s going to be a gorgeous dog. Maybe she’ll agree to stop growing if you start feeding her cupcakes for every meal. ;)

Brittany @ B Out There — September 28, 2011 @ 4:32 pm

AT least your pinterest binge wasn’t replacing a “supposed-to-be-getting-written” 50 page case study. Ew.

Heather @ Bake, Run, Live — September 28, 2011 @ 4:36 pm

They look fantastic! I have made homemade croissants (and danish) a few times and I enjoy it. Like bread baking, it is relaxing. And the final result…so yummy!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — September 28, 2011 @ 5:04 pm

I go on two hour pinterest binges practically every day. It is just so darn validating to have someone repin the picture that isn’t even originally yours. Really, it is.

Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy — September 28, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

I love fruit infused water! I had a surprise day off from work today, and spent what seems like forever on pinterest! Then I decided to bake my life away!

Corey @ Learning Patience — September 28, 2011 @ 5:13 pm

Pininterest is SO addicting….for reals… I have done the whole water bottle fill up before when I see flavored water – tacky but thats how I roll!
    xoxo from Trinidad

Stephanie — September 28, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

You make it sound like two hours on Pinterest is a bad thing. I do that every couple of days :)

Sorry you hurt your hand again :( Hope it feels better soon!

Anna — September 28, 2011 @ 5:22 pm

I am there with you on Pinterest… :) Love the pic of your puppy!

Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) — September 28, 2011 @ 5:47 pm

That water looks freaking amazing. I need that in my kitchen, now.

Milisa @ Miss in the Kitchen — September 28, 2011 @ 6:42 pm

I need fruit infused water and more hours in the day just for Pinterest.

Meg — September 28, 2011 @ 7:15 pm

Oh my gosh, thinking about slamming blistered, burned hands into the door makes me want to cry. Bella is gorgeous, I want her to by my golden, Hunter’s girlfriend! Who cares that he’s almost 4?

katie @KatieDid — September 28, 2011 @ 7:42 pm

And that’s exactly why I won’t let myself sign up for pinterest. I know I would love it. And I must have missed the fact that you had the cutest puppy on earth!! (well I just started reading your blog recently is probably why). But oh myyy, it makes me miss my golden so much, she is beautiful!

Jessi @ Quirky Cookery — September 28, 2011 @ 9:20 pm

A different flavored water every day sounds divine.

And Pinterest? Yeah, hours seem to fade away in no time there, lol. But most times it’s so worth it!

Lindsey (One Sweet World) — September 28, 2011 @ 9:57 pm

I’ve done #1 a few times before…without the traveling part. I love Bella. Love. Her. Goldens are the best, especially puppies. I’ve totally done #2 before, filled up the whole bottle. Just act like that’s what it’s there for. And #7. So many hours. But so much fun! What’s the saying, if you enjoyed the time you wasted, then it wasn’t wasted…right. That sounds good.

Elina (Russian Bites) — September 28, 2011 @ 11:02 pm

Hehe, pinterest binge. You say 2 hours lost, I say 2 hours’ worth of awesome goodies gained :)
    It’s definitely hard to get back to reality from an awesome vacation.

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — September 28, 2011 @ 11:41 pm

Yeah, I figure if I ever did pinterest I would lose time….my life already is short the amount of time I need. Unless, that is, I learned how to live without sleep.

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen — September 29, 2011 @ 1:42 am

HA! Heart you!

P.S. Pinterest just straight up swallows hours upon hours in my day.

abigail — September 29, 2011 @ 7:01 am

wow! i finally feel like i’m not the only person with oddly bad but sadly funny luck. it almost comforts me. thank you

Sonnet Gal — September 29, 2011 @ 7:02 am

But wasn’t those 2 hours lost to Pinterest lovely?!
    Pesonal Question….I just recently started following blogs, and yours is HANDS DOWN one of my favorites due to your witty, sarcastic comments, recipes, and photos….some of my favorite things. Is blogging your real job or do you have another day job? It seems that all the wonderful things you do, AND maintaining a workout schedule, would keep you busy 20 hours a day! Just curious…:-)
    And for what it’s worth….my day job is teaching, which tells you why my blog is inconsistent…sigh…

• Jessica — September 29th, 2011 @ 7:34 am

Haha! Thank you. :)
      Yes, blogging is my full time job along with recipe development and some freelance now. I’m actually doing a post on this Friday because it marks one year since I quit my “real job” – however, I didn’t quit my job to blog and I worked a 30-40 hour a week retail job for about 8 1/2 months after that. It was VERY time consuming to keep up with posting and developing recipes while working for me and I sacrificed a ton. I spend about 100 hours a week on my site, have never taken a day off (not even on vaca), and it was similar to that when I was working too. Extremely exhausting! Now it still consumes most of my days but feels like a treat to do it and I am extremely grateful. The working out part isn’t a big deal for me because I’m a morning person and always work out each AM, have done that since I was about 16! :)

• Caitlin @ Cake with Love — September 29th, 2011 @ 9:21 am

so glad that you quit your job and we all have this awesome blog to read :)
        Bella is very very cute!

• Dana B — October 1st, 2011 @ 1:31 am

agree all around. I have found some great food blogs lately, yours included, but I have just spent 2 hours looking at _your_ blog! I sub teach and have 3 young kids and a hubby (ok, 4 kids; 5 if you include the dog :), but have thought about doing a blog because I love food and teaching and people tell me I should own a bakery, but I just can’t see doing that. Can you really make money off of just having blog ads running on the side? curious. If you don’t want to answer, that’s ok :) your blog is _excellent_! Thanks so much for writing this blog!!

• Jessica — October 1st, 2011 @ 10:04 am

Yep – you can!

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — September 29, 2011 @ 7:05 am

I love the change in seasons to, but I don’t see to much of that here. Bella is so cute!! I love the pictures of her you post. I show my husband everyday, and he smiles. She’s just so dam cute!!! Have a great day!!

Piccola Italiana — September 29, 2011 @ 7:38 am

I did the same thing on Pinterest. Except it was more than 2 hours…but it’s worth it, right? I mean, think of how creative and..umm…smart we’re all getting looking at that stuff. And that’s the story I’m sticking with ;)

Kat @ living like the kings — September 29, 2011 @ 8:37 am

I am driven insane by the fact that all the pretty leaves this year have been ruined by the storm. Ever since the Hurricane, the trees around here just died. No color in the leaves. Just brown or bald trees. I’m not even sure how that happened (something about the hurricane lifting the salt into the air, blahblah) but I am not a fan.

Kathy — September 29, 2011 @ 9:07 am

We stayed at a resort that had different fruit infused water last spring. With the vibrant colors the staff incorporated, the water was just as pretty to look at!

megan — September 29, 2011 @ 9:16 am

You have influenced so much good in my life: I am now addicted to both Pinterest and baking…and baking things I find on Pinterest (can you say the BEST White Chocolate Gingerbread blondies I’ve ever had in my life??? Huh? Can you say it????) Baking was already my passion, but now I have to spend hours clicking pictures in the dark of my bedroom to feel like I have found the best of the best…it’s awesome :)

Fall in Michigan…I love it :)

Anita — September 29, 2011 @ 9:58 am

Okay, I need to get to Pinterest. But… BUT!! You need to check out dailygrommet.com Because WOW. I love stuff that’s made by small companies who are trying to help people and provide jobs and really cool clever products all at once. And grommet is full of ‘em! Start with toys and games, or food, and then we will commiserate about lost hours. Spent helping people! How awesome is that?

So how do you infuse water, anyway?

• Jessica — September 29th, 2011 @ 12:15 pm

That sounds awesome! And to infuse water just throw a bunch of fruit in it and let it sit. :)

• Anita — September 29th, 2011 @ 1:09 pm

Oh such sweet deceptive simplicity. Duh! :D

Sandra — September 29, 2011 @ 9:59 am

My Lifelong Wellness students are going to be so angry with you after I make them do the Cupcake Circuit.

Renae — September 29, 2011 @ 11:03 am

How do you do your reverse crunches? There is some controversy on the web about reverse crunch vs. double crunch. Thanks!

Jennknee — September 29, 2011 @ 11:48 am

Bella is gorgeous both as puppy and as she grows! She looks wonderful

Haley @ Health Freak College Girl — September 29, 2011 @ 1:42 pm

your puppy is so flippin adorable!!

Sue — September 29, 2011 @ 3:05 pm

Ouch, damn, OUCH @ burning woman. Like Burning Man, but different. Patience, Grasshopper. Puppies + babies = kyoot overload. I’d love that. Bella is gorgeous…sad that that pudgy little puppy face is growing into a dog face. Good thing it’s a gorgeous dog face.
    The colors!!!! Oh man, the fall colors. I can’t tell you how MUCH I miss it!!! I haven’t been up to the Burgh in like 5 years. I’m jonesin’. My cousin (from Bethel Park) is going to Ligonier Days. I highly highly highly (did I mention HIGHLY?) recommend trotting your behind up there. It’s on Columbus Day weekend. The colors, the smells, the small town…it’s AWESOME. Crunch some leaves for me…sniff the cinnamon rolls, if my aunt hasn’t already run off with all of them. I also suggest some Pumpkin Gobs. Just sayin’. Make it happen.

nancy k — September 29, 2011 @ 3:47 pm

Bella is to die for. She is a gorgeously( is that a word?) beautiful little girl. I imagine you are enjoying every sweet minute with her.

Ann — September 29, 2011 @ 11:02 pm

What a great list of Tuesday things on Wednesday….and I’m replying on Thursday!

april — October 2, 2011 @ 9:42 pm

I am jealoys. Of your beautiful fall colored leaves. Here in the south there is 2 wks of cool weather and a hint of beautiful fall color…then it all turns brown falls off & is dead. 2 wks if I’m lucky to get some amazing shots with my NIKON.

april — October 2, 2011 @ 9:42 pm

I am jealous. Of your beautiful fall colored leaves. Here in the south there is 2 wks of cool weather and a hint of beautiful fall color…then it all turns brown falls off & is dead. 2 wks if I’m lucky to get some amazing shots with my NIKON.

M@myviewfromparis — October 3, 2011 @ 5:18 am

I have to thank you for reminding me about your cupcake circuit. Lost in your amazing recipes, I had forgetten that you had posted some really great workouts in the past. Inspired and always looking for something new, this morning I did your cupcake circuit, followed by your bodyweight workout, followed by your at-home cardio blast with a few adjustements for injuries and lack of an elliptical machine. I feel SO great! And the soreness is kicking in. Yes! I did the three because I have a mental block against repeating the same circuit no matter how awesome it is, I just get too bored and kind of discouraged. But the three took about an hour and I was sweating and panting most of the time. So thank you!!!

• Jessica — October 3rd, 2011 @ 8:45 am

Holy cow. You are badass.

Belinda Sinarath — June 21, 2013 @ 9:43 pm

Trauma to the finger or the hand is quite common in society. In some particular cases, the entire finger may be subject to amputation. The majority of traumatic injuries are work-related. Today, skilled hand surgeons can sometimes reattach the finger or thumb using microsurgery. Sometimes, traumatic injuries may result in loss of skin, and plastic surgeons may place skin and muscle grafts.^-,..

Be well