I.am.beat.

I just came back from an amazing, inspirational, motivational, life-changing week spent in Austin for the IACP. I’m over-stimulated. Hungry. Exhausted. And still sweating. But before I crawl under the covers and elbow my husband in the head for the next 8 hours, I wanted to share some new-to-me blogs of great people I met. Who doesn’t love more reading material?

I was welcomed by Gaby, Aida and Lillian – all awesome girls who are lots of fun.

I also spent some time with…

Kristen

Rachel

Marie

Nikki

Rev

Madison

… who I just love to pieces. You must, must, must check out their blogs. I’m currently trying to figure out a way to kidnap Nikki and have her live with me so she can take all of my recipe photos.

Time to crash and sleep for the rest of my life. Tell me – how was your week?!

39 Responses to “Up In The Air.”

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — June 5, 2011 @ 9:44 pm

I am soooo happy for you that you had a fantastic weekend!

I wish I would have gone. I had thought about it, and then, decided on other blogging/photography trips but I will live vicariously through your updates.

So glad you loved it and met new friends ! :)

• Lisa @ www.bakedinmaine.com — June 6th, 2011 @ 10:42 am

Jessica~
      I absolutely LOVE your “new” site!
      GORGEOUS!
      I adore your recipes and photos!
      I would LOVE it if you would do a (how-to) post on blogging. Tell us how you did it…
      Share the secrets, lol!

PLEASE!!
      ;)

Amanda (Eating Up) — June 5, 2011 @ 9:45 pm

How was Austin?! Did you love it? Where did you eat? Tell us more!

Sorry for being so demanding ;-)

Amanda@RunningOnCoffee — June 5, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

Love your new header!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — June 5, 2011 @ 9:55 pm

I’m glad you had such a great time!

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet — June 5, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

Gorgeous cloud shot! I’ve always wanted to get that image while on the plane, but I could never get the lighting quite right…

Glad you had a great time in Austin! Hope the humidity stays low for you :)

Amanda — June 5, 2011 @ 10:00 pm

This conference looks amazing! I am starting culinary school next month and will be working for myself afterwards. I think I would really benefit from something like this in the future. Hopefully I can go in the next few years and meet amazing people like yourself!

• Jessica — June 5th, 2011 @ 10:02 pm

Amanda it is in NYC next year – you should definitely come!

Maureen — June 5, 2011 @ 10:14 pm

I’ve made your melon mojito salsa twice, and it got rave reviews by my friends this weekend! I think I might live off of it this summer – it’s going to be a staple in Pittsburgh for sure, because everyone asked for the recipe!

Madison M — June 5, 2011 @ 10:22 pm

It was SO great to meet you, my dear! I am already looking forward to next year and, strangely enough, missing the Austin heat!

East coast get-together in 2012! :)

madison

• Jessica — June 5th, 2011 @ 10:23 pm

You are seriously the sweetest thing ever! Just love you to pieces!

VeggieGirl — June 5, 2011 @ 10:40 pm

Sounds great! Definitely get some rest now :)

My week was fun, busy, and flew by!

Katie — June 5, 2011 @ 11:35 pm

Yay, glad you made it back! I can’t wait to hear about (and drool over?) all the things you learned!

Amy W — June 5, 2011 @ 11:43 pm

Sounds like you had a blast! I attended my first official LesMills Quarterly yesterday… I took every class except RPM and Flow. It.Was.Awesome.

Allison's Delicious Life — June 5, 2011 @ 11:53 pm

I love Austin!!! Glad to hear you had a good time.

Brittany — June 5, 2011 @ 11:55 pm

Loved meeting you yesterday! So much fun :)

Maris (In Good Taste) — June 6, 2011 @ 4:52 am

What a fabulous in air photo!!! Glad you had fun!

Michael Isaac — June 6, 2011 @ 6:57 am

Beautiful pic!!!

Lexie — June 6, 2011 @ 7:26 am

Aida is/was on the Food Network, no?

Kim in MD — June 6, 2011 @ 7:37 am

I’m so glad you had a good time! I can’t wait to explore your the blog links. Thanks for sharing, Jessica! Oh- and that photo is stunning! :-)

Ann — June 6, 2011 @ 8:14 am

I hope you get rest – thanks for sharing. I appreciate you sharing some of the other bloggers info…I’ve subscribed to several!

Amanda — June 6, 2011 @ 8:21 am

Oh yay! My friend Michele was there… hope you two got a chance to meet! You are both adorable. :)

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life — June 6, 2011 @ 8:28 am

Wow–how fun! Welcome home.

Stephanie @ LiveCookLove — June 6, 2011 @ 10:35 am

Glad you made it back safe and sound!

Marie (Food Nouveau) — June 6, 2011 @ 11:49 am

I was very happy to meet you Jessica and the time we spent together was awesome! I hope I’ll see you again at the 2012 NYC conference, or before that! In the meantime, I’ll keep in touch through your blog. Cheers!

• Jessica — June 6th, 2011 @ 1:02 pm

Same to you Marie!

aida mollenkamp — June 6, 2011 @ 11:51 am

Oh, it was great to meet you too, Jessica! Take good care – Aida

Jan — June 6, 2011 @ 12:11 pm

I love love love your pictures! I think your an amazing photographer and anyone that can cook and make her food look delicious via a picture is doing a wonderful job! :D

• Jessica — June 6th, 2011 @ 1:02 pm

Thank you Jan!

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons — June 6, 2011 @ 1:49 pm

jealous!!!

Chrissy — June 6, 2011 @ 4:36 pm

My week was flipping amazing, thanks for asking! My BFF came down to visit for a week. We played mini golf, went to DC, played Wii arcade games, went to Hersheypark, went to the Inner Harbor and rode the paddleboats, shopped more than a few times, went to bingo (I won $100!) and the FOOD… Indian, Five Guys, pit beef, Cheesecake Factory (chocolate raspberry mousse cheesecake for me, kthx!), lime Cajun grilled shrimps, homemade cinnamon rolls… it was a blast, all week long.

Georgia Pellegrini — June 6, 2011 @ 4:37 pm

Fun to meet you! Hope we see each other again SOON!!! ~ Georgia

• Jessica — June 6th, 2011 @ 4:43 pm

Same to you girl! Was JUST telling someone how much I loved you!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — June 6, 2011 @ 7:50 pm

Oh so glad you had a good time! :)

Kristen Hess — June 8, 2011 @ 10:38 am

Hi Jessica,
    It was SOOOOOO great meeting you at the IACP Conference in Austin- what an AMAZING time with AMAZING and talented people like you!

Let me know next time you are in NYC and I might want to come visit for a foodie adventure in PA with you sometime!

Keep in touch! See you in NYC 2012 IACP conference!!
    p.s. Haven’t done my blog post on IACP yet but will definitely include you and some cute pics!!

xx Kristen

art and lemons — June 16, 2011 @ 12:27 pm

Jessica, It was such a pleasure to meet you and you’re making me blush! Of course you don’t me to take your photos but I also wouldn’t complain about taking a trip to the old ‘burgh again…Hope to see you in NYC, if not sooner.

nikki

1. Pingback: Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Cheesecake Frosting. | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: An Inspiring Visit at the Whole Foods Market Flagship Store in Austin, Texas | Food Nouveau